June 2014 Hits & Misses

EnExitStageLeft

abcd09

Its superior in my opinion. Its rich and packs a mean moisture fueled punch. The avocado is really good for cowashing, quickie conditioner rinsing and even a leave in.

I say try cowashing w/ the avocado then following w/ the moisture mask. And if that doesnt work list them in the exchange forum and look into the DB Mask because its good :yep:

HTH's :)

Loves Harmony

Miss: luvnaturals love and leave in
Slip to detangle, not moisturizing

Love:
Luvnaturals shampoo love love love it... Do not strip the hair

Luv naturals conditioner.. Very moisturizing and have alot of slip

The detangler... take care of the detangle job

bluevalentine

Miss:shea moisture restorative mask made my hair dry as hades.

Hit: shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie made my hair feel extremely soft and moisturized it's a keeper

myronnie

Haven't been posting much..had a massive leak at my home and the ceiling has to be redone :O

Miss:
Donna Marie Shampoo - I think I am allergic to this shampoo..the month+ that I've been using it, my scalp has been on FIRE and itching SO badly. I didn't use it this past week and my scalp is ok. At first I thought it was APB but no..sigh. It makes my scalp so dry, it feels like when your skin is tight and dry and itchy. I have to do damage control now.

Hit:
Shescentit Avocado Conditioner - Loveee this so much for finger detangling in the shower!! I use a lot of it though (maybe 3ounces)..so I'm going to need to re-up on it soon.

EnExitStageLeft

Miss:

1.Every Moisturizer I've Tried this Month :wallbash:

Purabody Naturals Muru Muru, HH Coffee Stuff, and DB Curl Smoothing Cream

:rolleyes:

I am going to try two more Reve Moisturizer and Oyin Handmade Hair Dew

If they don't work. I've buying another 16oz. Knot Sauce and callin' it a HG fa'real. I'm tired.

caliscurls

Hit:
Moisturize and Seal using Oyin Hair Dew followed by BASK Palm Tapioca then BASK Seven Fold. At first I thought it would be too much but it leaves my hair silk soft with a nice sheen.

This months rotation is BASK, next month it's APB. I like having a variety that works

Mische

EnExitStageLeft I think I audibly gasped seeing PBN MuruMuru in your Miss list. Are you sure???? lol

Miss:
The scent of Bask Palm Tapioca. I've been thinking of using it as a (fairly expensive) foot cream since I can't stand the smell.

BranwenRosewood

Miss:

SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo - The scent sucks and it left some kind of sticky residue on my hair that wouldn't rinse out. I applied my DC anyway and that stickyness disappeared.

SheaMoisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo - I didn't use this one the same day I used the other SM 'poo. The scent in this one also sucks. I didn't get to apply this to my whole head because it literally dried my hair out on contact. I apply shampoo from back to front and as soon as this stuff touched my nape my hair felt rough and dry while it was still wet! I immediately rinsed this stuff out and tried the next shampoo on my list which was a surprising hit.

Hit:

Suave Shea Butter and Almond Shampoo - I didn't expect much from this but it saved my hair after that SheaMoisture dried it out. It had a nice amount of slip to it but I don't really care about slip in a shampoo. My hair did feel moisturized after using this. This is the first shampoo that has reached staple status for me. I will try to use this one exclusively during July to see if it continues to work for me.

Komaza Califa Spray - I have a half bottle of the silver label version and a 2oz sample of the current label. They both work exactly the same but I prefer the scent of the silver label version. If anybody knows something that smells similar please let me know. That scent has to be the best thing I've ever smelled in my life and I'm sad that they switched the scent. The scent of the new one smells like butter popcorn to me. I've sent a message to Komaza but they haven't answered me yet.

Performance wise, this stuff attained HG status on first spray. I LOVE it as a refresher on dry hair. If I don't fix my recipe for a spray leave-in before BF I'm going to stock up on this and forget about making my own. I can't wait to see how this works when I'm fully natural again.

Komaza Moku Lock and Braid Spray - This works just as well as the Califa Spray but the scent is that horrible artificial grape stuff. Performance is a hit but scent is a miss.

I returned both of the SheaMoisture Shampoos to Walgreens while I had my DC in after trying the African Black Soap. I am completely done with the SheaMoisture line.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Revisited Hit:

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Soft, touchable hair.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hit:

Dominican Magic Thermal Heat Protectant.... Wasn't sticky or drying and has nice holding power. My hair was soft afterwards and I say under the dryer.

John Masters Bare Shampoo... I really don't want to like it but one bottle has lasted me over 5 months now.

Miss: Zatik coconut shampoo. I feel like it could be better. Only works when I use it with baking soda.

Beamodel

Miss
Narobi foam wrap lotion.
Narobi conditioner

It made my hair dry. The conditioner from this line did the same thing to me. Gave me dry parched hair. I'm gonna get rid of both of them.

rockstar

Hits:

Back to the basics, that I started using when I first joined...HAWAIIAN SILKY and ECO STYLER. My WnGs and curls are thriving.

Blairx0

Miss
Narobi foam wrap lotion.
Narobi conditioner

It made my hair dry. The conditioner from this line did the same thing to me. Gave me dry parched hair. I'm gonna get rid of both of them.

I'm shocked. I heard good things about the foam. Let me know if you decide to list it in the exchange

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm shocked. I heard good things about the foam. Let me know if you decide to list it in the exchange

@Beamodel

Glad I read your review. I was thinking about incorporating these products into my stash.:ohwell:

Thanks for saving me some monneee.

Welp. Looks like to got a possible Sale for them tho'. (At Bolded)

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Miss: This Mongolian Kinky curly Hair . This mess tangle worse than my real hair .

Hit: Started 6 weeks of protective styling, 3 weeks to go!

Beamodel

@Beamodel Glad I read your review. I was thinking about incorporating these products into my stash.:ohwell: Thanks for saving me some monneee. Welp. Looks like to got a possible Sale for them tho'. (At Bolded)

IDareT'sHair

It's probably just my ultra picky hair. I've read where other rave about the wrap foam lotion but for my hair it simply left it dry and unmanageable.

The application of it didn't go on smoothly for me either. I'm usually the odd ball out with stuff though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's probably just my ultra picky hair. I've read where other rave about the wrap foam lotion but for my hair it simply left it dry and unmanageable.

The application of it didn't go on smoothly for me either. I'm usually the odd ball out with stuff though.

Beamodel

Good Review. I can wait for these.:yep: