In What order do you use your products?

Leslie_C

Do you find that your products work differently if you use them in a different order? For example, after washing and conditioning, do u put leave in, then oil, then serum? how about mixing products? Do u put them on soaking wet or damp hair? What about for daily styling? Im trying to figure out the difference and the best way to get the best results. sorry if those are too many questions for one post!!

If u didnt know yet, YES Ive been sucked into the world of hair and I cant get out...lol:)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
When my hair is WET: I spray Surge 14 sometimes on my scalp or put Profective RootHealth on my roots/scalp. I spray Motions Nourish leave-in all over my hair. I apply glossing polish and either blowdry or set with rollers.

When my hair is DRY: I apply Pantene R&N Moisturizer to my hairshaft, Oils on my ends, and then apply my glossing polish over my hair. I sometimes apply Profectiv Roothealth to my roots/scalp.

HTH!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Mornin Leslie
After my condition wash...I apply oil...and then use my leave-in. I find that I have better results if I add my leave-in after I oil. I do all of this while my hair is soaking wet. If I don't do it this way...my ends end up looking frizzy.

Leslie_C

thx ladies, Ill have to try leave in after oil to see if the results are different. I guess its a lot of trial and error, huh?

last wash I washed with nexxus therappe, conditioned with humectress...then applied a little salerm, then some oil, then my serum/polisher(straight request? I went to the salon to buy keracare silk n seal, but the stylist talked me into this stuff bc she said its more concentrated to it repels the humidity better). I was in a hurry bc I was going out to eat with my boyfriend, so after letting it dry halfway, I ran a cool blowdryer through it to dry the rest. then I applied a little more serum to the ends, put it up in a clip with my bangs down to the side. I was pretty happy with the reults (soft with a little sheen which is hard for my sandy brown hair to accomplish!) but Ill have to completely air dry to tell the real results. my main problem is my ends frizzing out in this FL humidity! that straight request stuff might be the answer, but she recommended sealing my ends with heat, and Im trying to stay away from heat. Ill be a happy camper if I can learn to tame frizz w/ no direct heat! roller sets are ok, but I rarely have time to sit under the dryer long enough for them to dry....*sigh*

chocolate01

After I wash and condition I apply my leave-in (NTM or Salerm) and twist my hair into two bantu knots to dry. When it's about 80% dry I take it down and spray some wownder 8 oil onto my hair and retwist into about 6 knots. When I take my hair down the next morning my hair is wavy and moistured with no frizz.

candibaby

I pre poo treat then wash, then if I want to do a protein/reconstructor, I'll do that then condition (other wise I just wash/condition) after I condition I use a little bit of EVOO from 2" above and down to my ends. Then I apply a leave in and dry. (unless I'm gonna blow dry then I use a heat protectant like frizz ease relax straight forward) I do this on damp hair.

CheerBear

I just discovered last night that my hair responds better if i put leave in, then oil( something thick, like castor) then any cream moisturizer

Irresistible

Im thinking this might be something like eating , it all goes to the same place and ends up all mixed up there , so it doesnt matter if you mix it while your eating it or not, the end result is the same, what you do is simply a matter of taste. ....well, those are my thoughts on it anyway

if it all ends up the same place.....on your hair.....the order is probably more just preference

but btw , i usually do all oils/butters first, before leave in's

deeplyrooted

@ Irresitible.

I do leave in (Aveda Elixir) before hair moisturizer (Carol's Daughter Marguerite's Magic) or hair butter.
Sometimes, I'll moisturize first. It depends on my mood.

BlackButterflyz

Don't waste the pretty...
After I wash and condition I usually put my watery leave-in (Motions Nourish) or creamy leave in (Salerm) mixed with a little aloe vera gel and then my serum (NTM) or oil (coconut). My logic is that water and oil don't mix, right? so if I put the leave-in on AFTER the oil, my hair is not benefitting from it because the oil/serum is like a barrier that seals everything in... I could be wrong but this is my reasoning behind my order

Zuppy

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate01 said:
After I wash and condition I apply my leave-in (NTM or Salerm) and twist my hair into two bantu knots to dry. When it's about 80% dry I take it down and spray some wownder 8 oil onto my hair and retwist into about 6 knots. When I take my hair down the next morning my hair is wavy and moistured with no frizz.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds promising... lately when I do the bantu knots my hair was coming out frizzy.. I'm going to try this method next time I do it. They came out great right after my touch up but now that I'm 4/5 weeks post relaxer.... it just doesnt look as nice. thanks for this tip!