Which products do you use during each specific stage of rollerseting your hair?

ajoyfuljoy

I'm relaxed and I feel like I'm always tweaking my rollersetting regime. I'm always trying to figure out if I should use foam wrap lotion (I know this is used on wet hair), leave-in cream and serum on hair that is wet/dry or before/after I rollerset/heat style it.

When you rollerset, in what order and stage of the rollersetting process do you use the products? And how do you use them?

PinkPebbles

After I rinse out my DC, I only use Lacio Lacio (leave-in) and then rollerset.

My rollerset comes out soft, shiny, and bouncy.

I stay away from setting lotion and foam products because I've never liked how my hair turned out.

ajoyfuljoy

lacio lacio never worked that well for me. I actually prefer Silicon mix leave in for rollersets. But I'm after a bouncy just from salon light and swangin' rollerset so i'm trying other things.

...well i just used bootleg Potion #9 then Silk Elements foam wrap lotion on my hair while it was wet before I rollerset it so we will see how that worked out in about an hour

kimba

After I deep condition with ORS Replenishing Pak, I apply a small ( about dime size) amount of leave in conditioner, ( Organics liquid hair mayo and I focus only on the ends to prevent breakage and frizz) Then I use Elastic -i- tea by ORS and set. The less product I use the more flowy, soft, and bouncy my hair turns out! Once I take out the rollers I just spray a lil Sheen. I use what ever I have around when It comes to sheen.

HTH.

wheezy807

When i'm done pooing and dcing i use a dime size of ntm leave in and then a dime size of fantasia frizz buster. Then i percede to rollerset. Using less product is the key for me, it helps acheive that bounce and flow. Also softness. I know somewhere Macherie mentioned (site or dvd) the results you'll get from using different products. Ex. Setting lotion gives firmer curls. But i don't know if she mentioned foam. Let us know how it turns out.

chestnutblonde

After washing and conditioning with either Aveda Damage Remedy or KeraCare, I mix Giovanni Direct Leave In and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and rollerset....I love how my rollersets come out.

Jazala

After deep conditioning and rinsing, I use a small amount of LTR leave-in all over then on each section before rolling I spray extra water and highly diluted lottabody and smooth the section with my hands several times while combing. When the section is as smooth as it can be I coat it lightly with either SMB or coconut oil. Then I roll with medium tension.

I found that the better I do at smoothing before the hair goes on the roller, the silkier my hair is after I take them down. I get maximum silkiness by doing a Silver2 style scarf wrap after blowing out the roots. I only do the blow out if NG is out of control.

Mrs.Green

After I rinse out my DC, I only use Lacio Lacio (leave-in) and then rollerset.

My rollerset comes out soft, shiny, and bouncy.

I stay away from setting lotion and foam products because I've never liked how my hair turned out.

Exactly what I was going to say. I DC with Silicon Mix, apply lacio lacio and I only have a spray bottle of plain water to spray each section to keep my hair wet.:yep: