How many products do you use AFTER you wash your hair?

ThickRoot

After wash and dc....

1) leave-in on damp hair (sometimes doubles as a moisturizer)

2) moisturizer

3) butter/pomade if twisting or braiding

3a) a bit of lottabody if rollersetting

*sealant depending on how my hair feels

manter26

Sometimes none, otherwise 1. Lately it's Giovanni Nutrafix (I know it's meant to be a protein treatment, but the ingredients are exactly the same as the Direct Leave In, which was out of stock at Ulta). Or, I use Shea Moisture Milk instead of Giovanni.

Avaya

@Avaya How/why do you dilute the aloe vera juice?

I use two aloe vera juice and sunflower oil.

brg240 I just poor equal parts of water and aloe vera juice into a spray bottle. Adding water helps make the mixture less acidic. Without the water the ph is like 3. With the water the ph is 4.

HauteHippie

I spray my hair with Aussie Moist and I have aloe pieces in the bottle. I alternate between Aussie Moist and Jane Carter's leave in depending on what's in the store. If my hair needs protein, I'll spray with Mane and Tail.

If I have Giovanni leave in, I use that. If I don't, I'll use Cantu Shea butter. If I don't have that, I'll snag some SHD Vanilla Silk and put a little on my hair.

Seal with SHD Ultra Nourish.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

chebaby

1 sometimes 2.

usually its giovanni direct leave in and if im pulling my hair back imm use donna marie dream curling cream on my edges.

Bun Mistress

Two to four

I have to use
A creamy leave in and curly pudding for hold

optional is shea butter and or liquid leave in

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm relaxed and I airdry, I and use 2:
Beauty without cruelty leave in
Gleau oil blend

Last edited:

tinyhips

Three products:

A leave in: KC knot today
Styler: Curl junkie curls in a bottle
Sealant for ends: Qhemet Aethiopika butter

camilla

depends (relaxed)
air dry
1 liquid leave in either alter ego vial treatments or
fermydol 619
2 trader joes nourish spa
3 mango butter or ltr leave in
4 sea with oil braid or twist

set or flat iron
ntm leave in
chi keratin
sallys kera pro elixer to seal

Ogoma

Two

- a creamy conditioner as a leave-in
- either oil or styler depending on how I am doing my hair

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
The amount of product depends o the style I'm doing, but if I'm going to twist, I apply Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream on damp hair to air dry in braids.

Aggie

It depends.

When I am doing wash and go's, I use 3 - my leave-in, oil and styling gel. But if I am just wearing a wig I use 2 - my leave-in and oil to seal and slap my wig on as my PS.

***I don't do anything else to my hair right now but when I do start, I may start using up to 4 products that may or may not include either heat protector or setting lotion depending on what I will be doing with it then.

Just two!

Moisturizing (Herbal Essences' Long-Term Relationship Split-End protector) or protein (Cantu Shea Butter) leave-in

Oil (EVOO, Coconut, Whatever's on hand)

That's it.

Last edited:

greenandchic

1-3 products

If I use one, its usually an oil blend. If I use two, its generally a leave-in and oil. The third product is generally a thick pomade for my ends.

NaturalEnigma

1. Shescentit's cococreme leave or Kimmaytube's leave in conditioner recipe.
2. EO smooth conditioning serum
3. Shea Moisture's coconut and Hibiscus's curl and style milk.

I use Shescentit's Brazil nut butter cream occasionally in addition to the 3 products. I've been trying to use this up. It's a great product, that provides lots of moisture but the curl and style milk provides both moisture and hold which I need for my twist outs so I use that instead.

HautePinkHeels

I usually use just one: coconut oil for blowdrying (I've given up on airdrying my hair; I think it was causing more damage than good) but you guys have reminded me that I have that ApHogee leave-in sitting under my cabinet and I really like that stuff.

How could I forget it?

Anyway, after I blow dry with coconut oil I end up using my Cantu Shea Butter leave-in with a grapeseed/castor oil mix to seal.