Maxiglide results!!

sweetascocoa

ok, i havent received any of the heat protectants i ordered but i received my maxiglide today. so i asked my mom to wash her hair. i used some giovanni direct leave in and 2 drops of john frieda relax frizz ease serum. i blow dried her hair and then put the maxiglide setting to 2. i took me less than 30 minutes. just passed the iron through each section once and i didnt press to hard. i combed each section with a denman brush. no breakage throughout all these. the teeth did not snag her hair at all. she's 6 weeks post relaxer

please ignore her raggedy ends. she doesnt take care of her hair and laughs at me when i take care of mine. i tried to curl the ends but the iron was too big. i might use my miniglide for that. this is my 1st time ever using a flat iron so forgive me it doesnt look good

Last edited:

sweetascocoa

try it out. its cheaper. just make sure you buy it from someone you can return it back to in case you dont like it. im scared to use mine because it has no heat control

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
toosexy1 said:
ok, i havent received any of the heat protectants i ordered but i received my maxiglide today. so i asked my mom to wash her hair. i used some giovanni direct leave in and 2 drops of john frieda relax frizz ease serum. i blow dried her hair and then put the maxiglide setting to 2. i took me less than 30 minutes. just passed the iron through each section once and i didnt press to hard. i combed each section with a denman brush. no breakage throughout all these. the teeth did not snag her hair at all. she's 6 weeks post relaxer

please ignore her raggedy ends. she doesnt take care of her hair and laughs at me when i take care of mine. i tried to curl the ends but the iron was too big. i might use my miniglide for that. this is my 1st time ever using a flat iron so forgive me it doesnt look good

Great Job! I'm sure the maxiglide works wonder! If I may ask...where did you purchase your giovanni direct? Where can I find it online...I dunno where?? Thanks

Plenty

Wow! Great job. I didn't know flat irons can work on new growth like that. I just assumed that my new growth wasn't long enought to flat iron.

I will have to try the maxiglide very soon. My newgrowth (only 5 weeks) is breaking like crazy!

HHG!

sweetascocoa

Plenty706 said:
Wow! Great job. I didn't know flat irons can work on new growth like that. I just assumed that my new growth wasn't long enought to flat iron.

I will have to try the maxiglide very soon. My newgrowth (only 5 weeks) is breaking like crazy!

HHG!
yeah i made sure i ironed the new growth in some parts but i couldnt get some other parts

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I read here on the site somewhere that u can use the flat iron plates that come with the iron. I've never done this myself. Sorry I couldn't be more help.