I dare you to take this STINKY challenge!!

star

I am already using this at least once a week but I think I will bump it up to 3 times week. I know if there is no pain there is no gain. I will add some other oils to help keep the smell down but I can get glovers in the floral smell as well. Count me in. :lol:

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
The Glover's Mane floral scented one doesn't smell as bad as the original. My dad has the original and I have the floral.

ETA: How often do you use the Glover's Mane? Once a week or up to my own discretion? TIA!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
okay. I don't want to shock people, but I'm shocked myself. I b/ced 1/8/05 and had maybe 2" of hair on my head. I started the sinky challenge near the end of January w/ just glover's,sulfur 8, and castor oil. I kid u not, I've gained 4" of my hair 3?1/05! :eek: I also use Surge, but I used Surge from NOV-Jan alone and got nothing sensational. I just added Frenchee's to my mix. I'm immune to the smell bc I'm used to the smell from glovers. :D I hope this growth keeps a going because I really miss my pony tails! I am close to having a tiny pony now, so I'm motivated to keep at this challenge. My barely texturized hair is loving this mix. I'm not caring whether my coworkers notice the smell or not. They're not saying anything if they do! :lachen: One of my friends said that my hair looks like its growing longer. YAY! :yay: I also threw some WGO in my mix. I must be getting carried away! :lol:

ljones4521

I have the products, now what....

I purchased Glover's Meidcated Ointment for Dandruff (grease), Glover's Medicated Scalp Solution (liquid - Salicylic Acid 3%), Glover's Dandruff Control Medicine (in a brown bottle - 2.5% sulfur) and Frenchees Concentrated Tar Shampoo.

What now? Did I get the right products? How do I make a gallon of the tar shampoo? Now that I have the tar shampoo should I also add the Grandpa's Black Pine Tar Soap?

The castor oil that has been mentioned on previous emails....are you guys using the Jamaican black castor oil or just regular oil?

BTW I am on board with this stinky challenge,as I have about 2.5" of hair and desperately want more hair on my head

Thanks

ljones4521

hentag said:
You may have to look at several Beauty Shops if you can't find it. Someone is bound to have it. I use to take the Glover's mane (black liquid) and mix it with either spanish super grow or B&B Super grow. I don't know if it made my hair grow or not. My hair is almost bra strap. Everyone is right, Yes it stanks!!!!!!.

I use to put it on my hair the night before, and I would wash my hair the next morning. I work with a lot of guys and I wouldn't dare wear that stuff around them in the work place.

hentag
Hentag,

Please tell me more about the Glover's Mane you used to use. I purchased several Glover's products yesterday, but none of them say 'Mane'. In fact none are black liquid.

Thanks

krissyprissy

I just started this challenge this weekend I bought frenchee and s8. I mixed the two together in the microwave and applied it to my scalp after wash and styling. I dont like the smell but I willing to make that sacrifice for longer hair. I also do the baggie method . Wish me luck ladies.

Belle Du Jour

I just bought Frenchees and Glovers mane while I'm waiting on my MTG. Any updates from these products?

What's the active ingredient in Frenchee's?

Ashee

I only bought S8 Medicated to calm down my itchy scalp... It's very lubricating so I'll hold onto this before trying to add Frenchee & the Glovers... :ohwell: Maybe the sulpher in that will help me out... It doesn't stink to me... maybe my nose is broken or I have a calmer version...

Belle Du Jour

Ashee said:
I only bought S8 Medicated to calm down my itchy scalp... It's very lubricating so I'll hold onto this before trying to add Frenchee & the Glovers... :ohwell: Maybe the sulpher in that will help me out... It doesn't stink to me... maybe my nose is broken or I have a calmer version...

Thanks how I felt about Frenchee's. . .It's smoky, but not terribly offensive. :look:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I am already on this stinky challenge. I mixed Sulfer 8, Glovers, Dr. Miracle temple and gro balm., WGO, MTG, essential oils and carrier oils. I know triple stinky threat:ill::look:. So far I have achieved lots of new growth and thickness:yep:. I apply it to my scalp everyday at night and I Surge in the mornings.

Ashee

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I am already on this stinky challenge. I mixed Sulfer 8, Glovers, Dr. Miracle temple and gro balm., WGO, MTG, essential oils and carrier oils. I know triple stinky threat:ill::look:. So far I have achieved lots of new growth and thickness:yep:. I apply it to my scalp everyday at night and I Surge in the mornings.
How long have you been taking this combo? Has the NG been amazing since these new products? :confused:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Ashee said:
How long have you been taking this combo? Has the NG been amazing since these new products? :confused:

I have been applying the Sulfer8 combo to my scalp minus the Dr. Miracle and MTG for a month and I just added the MTG and Dr. Miracle to the mix 2 weeks ago. I think I gained more new growth than when I wasn't using this combo but I will be taking new pics of my new growth maybe tomorrow after I plait my hair up.

Ashee

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I have been applying the Sulfer8 combo to my scalp minus the Dr. Miracle and MTG for a month and I just added the MTG and Dr. Miracle to the mix 2 weeks ago. I think I gained more new growth than when I wasn't using this combo but I will be taking new pics of my new growth maybe tomorrow after I plait my hair up.
Cool, can't wait for the pics!!
:)

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Ashee said:
Cool, can't wait for the pics!!
:)

Ashee I updated my album today so you could take a look at my new growth. I don't know if you can see any difference but I do see a difference. I don't normally have so much new growth after 2 months.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm going to join this challenge!! :D For some reason, Surge 14 and these vitamins (i.e. L-Cysteine) wasn't working for me as far as giving me extra growth.:ohwell:

Right now, I'm just using Sulfur 8. I'm trying to save my money and don't wanna buy up a bunch of products...my finances are getting anorexic. I also have jojoba oil which is not stinky, but I'm thinking about using it with Sulfur 8. :yep:

But I know I won't be using Glover's because I've used it before and cannot stand the smell at all. WGHO is a little too expensive for the quantity given. And I have yet to find Frenchees in my city. Once I find Frenchees, I may mix it with my Sulfur 8. I plan on massaging it into my scalp every other day and washing my hair every 2-3 days. ;)

Last edited:
L

LaNecia

I second that!! Frenchee's is not a pleasant smelling product.

Poohbear

Thanks NatrlChallenge and LaNecia for warning me. Well LaNecia, I guess you don't have to look for Frenchee for me in your town. I may (not for sure) just may go back to using Glover's. I still have a little left from when I used to use it in the beginning of this year. I'll just apply it occassionally with my Sulfur 8. I just won't go out no where with Glover's in my hair. Would that be a better option??? :grin:

Last edited:
L

LaNecia

I don't think either of them smell that badly but that's just me. If you're sensitive to it, I'd say apply it before bed (although the MTG used to keep me awak at night at first :look: ). You also might try the Floral Scented version of the Glover's or add some oils (Lavendar, Rosemary or something else) to mask the smell.

Poohbear

LaNecia said:
I don't think either of them smell that badly but that's just me. If you're sensitive to it, I'd say apply it before bed (although the MTG used to keep me awak at night at first :look: ). You also might try the Floral Scented version of the Glover's or add some oils (Lavendar, Rosemary or something else) to mask the smell.
The floral scent of Glover's is the one I have... and I don't know where to get essential oils... does the Whole Foods market carry them???

L

LaNecia

Whole Foods should, you can always give them a call before you make the trip. Places like Henry, Trader Joes, Boney's, Sprouts. I'm not sure what you have out where you are but if you look up almost any health food store, you should be able to get them there.

gorgeoushair

I've been doing this challenge this week. I'm using glovers and frenchees. The glover doesn't smell that bad. the frenchees has a stronger smell

phynestone

I bought some Sulfur 8 the other day and have decided to just use that and the Frenchee's this year for my stinky challenge. The next time I will relax will be sometime in mid-August.

Poohbear

:yay: Hey! I found some Frenchee Super Gro today and I LOVE THE SMELL!!! :love: It smells nothing like Glover's, it smells like hickory smoked bacon or barbeque. I'll be using this stuff as directed by massaging it into my scalp 3 times a week! :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Poohb, you've come a long way. You have embraced the stink. We can teach u no more grasshopper! :notworthy :lol:

gpt1970

can you tell me where I could purchase the dogmane, I have called all over to the pet stores. Is it called dogmane or does it have a comercial name. I want to try this.

phynestone

gpt1970 said:
can you tell me where I could purchase the dogmane, I have called all over to the pet stores. Is it called dogmane or does it have a comercial name. I want to try this.

It's called Frenchee's Super Gro and is black with a white lid. Many people call it dog mane and can be found at most BSS.

ClassicBeauty

I'm glad that someone bumped this up. When I was a little girl, a friend of mine had older sisters who used to put dog mane on our scalps. We all had very long hair! It smelled soooo bad, but it seemed to work for us. They used to mix it on the stove with some vaseline (I know that's a no no here) and some other stuff and then put it in the jar and grease our scalps with it.

My mom would hate that my hair smelled so bad, but she loved the way we all had extra long ponytails. I may have to revisit this stuff. All the stuff I read about MTG on this board made me think that it was similar to dog mane, but maybe not.