I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

NaturalfienD

Hello,

… I cowashed yesterday and sealed with Vaseline. My hair felt great, kinda greasy but I ain't trippin. Today, my ends are soft and they aren't greasy at all. I will cowash again tonight and seal with Vaseline again, so far so good :)

lamaria211

Hello,

… I cowashed yesterday and sealed with Vaseline. My hair felt great, kinda greasy but I ain't trippin. Today, my ends are soft and they aren't greasy at all. I will cowash again tonight and seal with Vaseline again, so far so good :)

I just put mine on I wanted to wait till my hair was at least 50% dry my hair feels soft but a lil greasy

Lilmama1011

This is my second night doing it and the other yesterday I didn't do it right, I had put just enough, I didn't put a glob so I'm going to start all over, so day one :)

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

Passed out last night so I had to make up for my sealing this morning after cowashing. I am liking the heaviness that the Vaseline adds to my hair. My hair has movement and looks healthy. The little curls at the ends of my braids are more pronounced and I am tempted to tell folks I got Indian in my family ... :look:

I plan on cowashing or at least wetting the ends of my hair and sealing with Vaseline tonight. Saturday will make a full week for me ... I plan on continuing to heavy seal with Vaseline at the end of my run in this challenge.

I hope you all are doing well ...

lamaria211

Sealed in Wen 613 mist with good old V just now. Hair feels a lil greasy now but it will only feel moisturized in the morning

NaturalfienD

^
I have only used vaseline for a week so I'm of no help but I plan on continuing this routine because I like the results. My hair responds well to heavy sealing so I'm rolling with it.

I would love to hear from the ladies who've used vaseline on their ends a month or longer too though …

Growingmyhairlong

I tried this for a week and I love it. It was a little greasy as someone had said but I felt as if my ends were super soft and hydrated. I also felt as if they were extremely protected. I sprayed my hair with water and placed my moisturizer on first and then sealed with the Vaseline nightly and then braided in two big braids. The next morning my hair was set and ready for bunning. I had to do little manipulation to get the style that I wanted. When I took my bun down my hair felt super hydrated and I just repeated the steps again that night. I think I will continue to do this until my hair says it doesn't like it. I did some research and this is supposed to not only soften the hair shaft but lessen split ends. Anything that will lesson split ends I am down for.

jbwphoto1

DEBYJAY...Don't be scurred!
After the end of the week, you are going to wonder why it took you so long to give it a try!

TEENIE... I too suffer from dry ends and had this horriby dry bak section of my hair that constanly stayed dry and continued to break out all the time. It was not until I used vaseline and glycerin and water that my dry patch of back hair and ends starting looking really good and hence grwoing like crazy!

BRIT... glad to have you on board. This is gonna be fun!

-lee

leejure, what's your glycerin/water mix? How often do you apply?

beingofserenity

I've been wanting to start using grease and stuff so I definitely will be trying this! Gotta get some grease first though. I'm just so over expensive products that turn out crappy (Carol's daughter, will never make that mistake again)

Monaleezza

My hair has movement and looks healthy. The little curls at the ends of my braids are more pronounced and I am tempted to tell folks I got Indian in my family ... :look:

NaturalfienD Ok, surely I can't be the only one that had shoulders shaking with laughter over this comment?? TOOOOOO FUNNY!!:lachen::lol::lachen::lol:

Ok, so I'm probably a little late, but I'm going to start the challenge tonight.
I'm gonna co-wash and head to bed with a plaited pony laden with grease! I don't have vaseline, but I got some of them heavy greases just laying around coz I didn't know what the heck to do with them.
I'm glad I've found a purpose for them. Waste not want not, reap the benefits!! HELL YEAH!! Here I come baby!! Whoohooo :yay:

NaturalfienD

I've been wanting to start using grease and stuff so I definitely will be trying this! Gotta get some grease first though. I'm just so over expensive products that turn out crappy (Carol's daughter, will never make that mistake again)

^
I hear you on that one girlfriend ... luckily, grease/vaseline is under $4 so if it doesn't work out, it won't hurt as bad as it did when the CD did not live up to its rep. :)

Taking this week off from applying vaseline to my ends. I will be installing a new set of mini braids this weekend so I anticipate getting back on track on Sunday *fangaz crossed ...*

I hope you all are doing well ...

UGQueen

Hey ladies, Ive decided to join this challenge, plan on going back under a wig so ill be doing it underneath it all.
Ill come back with an update tomorrow

Gracie

beingofserenity said:

Yeah, that stuff sucks!!

Monaleezza

My first 24 hours done.
I'm liking what I see, especially after my hennaing this weekend.
I must admit, I didn't look too hot at work today. I wore my hair in bandu knots on the back of my ponytail. And one and the top of my head. I hoped to release the one at the top when I got to work and reveal a beautiful curl, but the grease made it so heavy it just hung!
So I spent the day looking like a dinosaur with bandu knots in the centre of my head!! lol
Good job my hair journey is more important than what anyone thinks of me.