Stinky challenge update

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I started this challenge 1/31/05. I'm using glover's mixed w/ s8, hot 6 oil, and castor oil. I can't barely smell the glover's, but my hair is now loving this mix. Since my b/c on Jan 8, my hair has improved and is no longer a twa. It is more like a medium fro and now, thanks to Surge, ORS products, and WGO, my hair is now grown another inch. It is 5" on the side and 4" in the front. :D My back seems to grow faster. I wish I had a cam to show u, but i can't afford it yet.(apartment searchin) I must thank all of you for your wonderful tips. I've never heard of glover's mane or frenchee's before this wonderful site. I know now that I cannot handle my hair in its natural state, but can be successful with light texturizing. My hair never ever grew like this so quickly. I wonder if it is because I cut it. Is there anyone else who experienced this type of hair growth? I hope it never ends! :bdance:

DDTexlaxed

Guys, my hair is growing like a weed with the mix! I just added frenchee's and will give results by the end of the month. If my hair does better, u will get the update sooner! :lol: I've gained another " so now my hair is @ 6"! Not bad fr. my 2" start in 1/8/05! :D

SNyeema

So let me see if I got this right. You bc'd on 1/8 with 2" of hair and now 2 months later you have 6"? That's 2" a month!! Let me run and jump on the stinky challenge right now!!! Woo hoo!!!! {jumps in car to bss}

DDTexlaxed

Believe me, the mix works like a dream! I wash my hair daily, but I'm gonna try following Koffie's advice and wash my hair a bit less. I will try to stretch it to 3 days like frenchee's instruction says. :D I'm thinking if it works like this for my daily washing, how much more it will do when I follow directions! I also use Surge and Dr. Miracles temple and nape balm. I hope this helps anybody interested in this challenge. My hair has never grown so quickly! :eek: I hope this keeps it up! :lol:

MrsQueeny

Okay so you are going to have to post your regime for me step by step. Thanks Q

Last edited:

carameldiva

I'd like to join- my shapley's mtg just came in today- i'll pick it up from my rental office tommorrow and start using it tommorrow night.

OnPoint

I need more info on this too please. I have some major events coming up and I need my hair to be on point! thanks for sharing

jaded_faerie

ive been using the stinky products-S8 and glovers since the beginning of February and so far so good...my edges are growing in so nicely!!! i can actually wear my hair all back and am not self conscious about it...it still has way to go...but its working wonders....ive also been greasing the scalp every night...i havent used heat on my hair but i have TONS of new growth!! ill continue to use this until i get to bra strap..:)

DDTexlaxed

I was fortunate enough to learn about this on the site and it has worked for me. I mix my products together in a canister. I put Sulfur8, Glover's , castor oil, frenchee's, and wild growth oil -I also added honey and MSM powder for moisturizing and other benefits.... :sekret: I use it as a prepoo and leave it on my hair 1 hr-1.5 hrs then follow w/ ORS shampoo and the ORS cond that i spiked w/ honey and MSM powder. My hair thrives on it, and I wash my hair daily. After the conditioning, I surge and add dr. miracles temple and nape balm. ooh, the tinglin' baby, go head baby! :lachen: then I add mango butter+ noodlehead and cover w/ a wave cap. That's my regime, for what it's worth! Hope u all can benefit like I have!

DDTexlaxed

Guys, I'm sorry. I forgot to give u my review of Dr Miracle's temple and nape balm. 2 :up: My temples and nape area are growing out great, I can't say for sure if the balm is responsible bc I added Frenchee's to my stinky challenge mix. I love the tingling sensation! I'm also glad to say that my sides are now 9" :yay: :cheers: :clapping: I am happy to say my twa turned into my now "affectionately called" mullet. My hair is now below my ear. I can't believe this is my hair! I will probably fully relax my hair and wear wrapped styles like I used to. Thanks to the tips from the ladies on the site. I can say that I am now addicted to caring for my hair! :lol: Hope this info has helped others as it helped me! I'm going to be getting MTG conditioner to add to my challenge. So much growth in so little time... I urge u girls to join this challenge! I use my mix as a prepoo. I wash it out. The products can be left in your hair for maximun benefits. I can't do this because I'm also on the daily wash challenge. Been working so well, but I will probably discontinue this once I fully relax my hair. I still got the benefits, so can you! :cool:

angellazette

Ok I think I'm going to pick up the sulfur 8 and glovers at Walgreens tomorrow, mix together with castor oil and use as a pre-poo. I need to get back to doing those anyway. I already have surge and wgo that I don't wash out :grin:

EbonyEyes

When I was in braids, i had practically no new growth after 2 months. I started using Glovers and the new growth started sprouting out of nowhere. I want to use my mixture for 6 months and see how much growth I get.

-Ebony

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Can I join this challenge too? I already bought the glover's and sulfur 8 over the weekend and I love the tingling sensation. I mixed mine with castor oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, basil oil, lemon oil, rose oil and myrrh oil and I use it to oil my scalp and my edges. I can't say that I have seen growth as yet but I have definately experienced thickness. Hopefully this stinky challenge will speed up the growth process.

Koffie

I told ya'll. :yep: I had seen boards where some members tried to mock my allegations about the stinky stuff, but I am glad you ladies are enjoying this. ;)

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
EbonyEyes said:
When I was in braids, i had practically no new growth after 2 months. I started using Glovers and the new growth started sprouting out of nowhere. I want to use my mixture for 6 months and see how much growth I get.

-Ebony

I guess I should have posted this before but I didn't think about it.

Thanks to your mixture Ebony!

I bought the Glover's and mixed with evoo, castor, a little carrot oil and peppermint. I started using on the 21st of Feb. right after my touchup.

I was a little confused at first because after about a week or so, my hair started looking like it reverted. I thought it was because of the Aphogee treatment I did. As time went on I realized it wasn't the treatment nor underprocess......it is GROWTH!! And it is STILL growing. I'm 4 weeks post and I have half and inch in some places and a quarter in others!

I washed my hair the other night and had so much strinkage. I'm not kidding. My husband promises to get the camera soon. You have to see this.

I put the mix on my scalp every couple to 3 days. I'm washing once a week right now until summer. Sometimes I part about 6x, oil with an applicator bottle and then sometimes I part about 4x. The oil makes my hair feel moist and look shiny. :yep:

~op~

angellazette

I picked up the Sulfur 8 and Glovers today. I like the smell of the Sulfur 8 :) and the Glover's just smells like sausages to me. I was expecting it to be far worse!