I dare you to take this STINKY challenge!!

Koffie

I've seen a few posts on here where some of you make mention of Frenchee aka Dogmane or something similar called Glovers. Well, when I was in junior high, I used the Frenchee for about a month in a half to two months and I kid you not, my hair reached waist length. I was thinkin about using this stuff again to see how my hair would react this time.

The only thing is that this stuff smells HORRENDOUS!! I'm probably going to mask it by putting B&B Super grow on my ends.

WELL, If you can bare the smell, then come on and join in on this stinky challenge. I'm going to make it a month for me and see were I end up. If I see reasonable progress, then maybe even longer.
Follow the directions on the jar, and Voila!! NEW GROWTH FOR DAYS.

SO, Who's in?

karezone

My vatika smells like vomit. I hate the smell but the stuff makes my scalp feel so good. I will do the challenge with Vatika Dabur Coconut hair oil.

Irresistible

i really really wanna try something to get some more growth out of this head....but i dont know if i can hang with the stinky stuff...if i was single and only stayed in the house maybe lol...but i bet this works.

aprilbiz

That's so funny! I have a friend that used to use that stinky stuff and she swore it made her hair grow. Her hair was long too! That was almost 20 years ago. There is something to be said for these long standing rumors and wives' tales!

queenofmean68

I know about Glovers and my mother swears it made my hair grow(she would mix it with olive oil and then apply it to my scalp). But what is Frenchee?

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
wingtoe said:
I've seen a few posts on here where some of you make mention of Frenchee aka Dogmane or something similar called Glovers. Well, when I was in junior high, I used the Frenchee for about a month in a half to two months and I kid you not, my hair reached waist length. I was thinkin about using this stuff again to see how my hair would react this time.

The only thing is that this stuff smells HORRENDOUS!! I'm probably going to mask it by putting B&B Super grow on my ends.

WELL, If you can bare the smell, then come on and join in on this stinky challenge. I'm going to make it a month for me and see were I end up. If I see reasonable progress, then maybe even longer.
Follow the directions on the jar, and Voila!! NEW GROWTH FOR DAYS.

SO, Who's in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont do this too, I so love frenchee, the smell is strong, and alot of ppl swear by it, I love it for combing out my hair, I dont lose that much hair when I comb my hair out nothing works better,
, Waist lenght, what lenght were u before u started to use it ? and how did u used it? daily , alot or little, I am going to buy so more, but I want to make sure I always get the BB super grow, and Sulfur 8 Oh I am soo joining cant wait

happylocks

oh I just cant wait I had to post again
lillian743 u can find it a almost any Beauty supply store, Glover and frenchees are not the same thing, but u ppl mix them together and some sulfur 8, Olive is used too, I add some Olive oil, castor oil, maybe Ill try some coconut oil , I have a only little bit left, of my frenchees, so when does the Shinky Challenge start, am going to the BSS today

Cindy70

No way!! That stuff smells just too awful. Just opening the jar and sniffing it almost made me nauseous.
I hope that it works for you though.

happylocks

yeah I back again : this is from a past link ingredients from sassygirl125 :
Frenchee Super Gro Scalp and Temple Ointment Hair Conditioner and Hair Dress
White petrolatum, lanolin, microcristalline wax, fragrance, vitamin e acetate, hydrolyzed collagen, methyl paraben, vitamin A & D, yellow dye #11, FD&C green #6

also some info from sassy girl :
FYI--If you find that the scent lingers after you shampoo, try applying some Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade and/or some Pantene Detangling Spray. That's what I used to get rid of the Glover's smell.

they also have it in different scents I have not tried Glovers, My friend did add it too my frenchee and mix it together, but I have not brought any myself or try it alone,

I am really want my hair to grow and am willing to try this, I do like the product alot good luck

Aisha

I swear this is SO ironic..I was washing my hair last night and I greased my scalp with Sulfur 8 and I was thinking how funny it is that ONLY the stinky stuff(like sulfur 8 and aphogee) really work in my hair..the fruity conditioners are potent enough it seems..and now this post..

debyjay

Hey you guys, I think now when it's still cold would be a good time coz in the warm/hot months the smell would be eeew!
Is it to be applied every day? whew. Maybe I could put it in on Weekends only and shampoo Sunday evenings.

happylocks

when its hot the smell will be alot stronger, but the summer is when ppl seem to have better growth, I think if u apply to the hair and scalp once a week, and scalp every days , and wash more every 3 days it should be fine, u can kind of cover up the smell of frenchee, I have not had anyonce complain that my hair smells but I am worried cause am starting school on tuesday
applying it at night should be agood idea and in small amounts , plz share they way you have applied and used these products, Glover/Frenchee/Sulfur 8 Regime thanks I plan to apply some today,

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I've also found that Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner and Aubrey Island Spice Cream Rinse get rid of odors, too. If I use one of these after my garlic shampoo, the smell is completely gone.

Koffie

To answer Happylock's question,

I was a little below shoulder length before Frenchee
A little actually went a long way. I would only grease my scalp about like how it said to use it on the jar like every three days, or maybe twice a week. (GOT A LIL' LAZY SOMETIMES). Also, at the time, I really didn't wash my hair alot, because I was only 13 and that was a chore for me.

karezone

I have some of the floral left over I can use that as something that as something that stays on my scalp where as the vatika gets rinsed out.

happylocks

wing talk about alot of growth, what was ur height then? and how many inches do u think u gained in two months, was this during the summer? u did not used it daily, wow, 2 months,shoulder lenght to waist lenght

dcprdiva

i would love to take this challenge... what are you suggesting the process be??? use Frenchees (which I have to go on a hunt for) alone or mix with something? I'm kinda skeptical about using Glovers (which I don't know where to purchase either?) because it says Dandruff Medicine and I don't have dandruff....thanks for the clarity!

karezone

It won't hurt your hair although it says dandruff medicine. You are not using it for dandruff, it is because of the sulfur content.

happylocks

My frenchees is mixed with Glovers, and I some castor oil, olive oil, I dont have dandruff, I think it is safe too use, but dont quote me on that

lthomas1

Hair Power!
Man, you ladies really want your hair to grow
, so do I. Just can't join this challenge until I finish the PJ challenge.

karezone

I don't mix my Glovers with anything. I pjust put it in an applicator bottle so I will just get it on my scalp and not on my hair.

dcprdiva

cool. i'll start this challenge as soon as I can find the products! if anyone in the DC/MD/VA area knows of any place to purchase, please lemme know. thanks

happylocks

Can everyone tell ppl what product ur using, Glover, Frenchee,Sulur 8, and how u used, I use frenchee, mixed with glover, I dont have sulfur 8 but plan to get some, I plan to use S8 and frenchee together, wash every 3 day, and cleaning my scalp with sea breeze, plus get some BB super gro, Am starting with about 19/20 inches I apply some today to all my hair how is everyone eles using it