Ladies doing the STINKY CHALLENGE... Questions 4 Ya'!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:grin: I need some help with starting off my stinky challenge, so... this is for YOU, my fellow Stinky Challengers:

1. What products are you using for the Stinky Challenge (Glover's, Sulfur8, Frenchee", WGHO, etc.)?

2. How often do you apply it during the week?

3. Do you leave it in or use it as a prepoo?

4. How do you apply it (scoop with fingers and massage it in, heat it up and apply with an applicator bottle, etc.)?

5. How often do you shampoo/co-wash/rinse your hair?

6. Approximately how much growth are you getting in a month's time?

Thanks in advance! :weird:

L

LaNecia

Hey Pooh,

I'm not on the challenge but after reading some of the threads (thanks Koffie for your input!), I decided to scour my cabinets and see what I could find that I could throw to together.

1. I mixed my MTG (of course), Sulfur 8, Frenchees and Sulfur Solutions Damage Control. 4 drops (of each of the following) Lavendar Oil, Cedarwood, Thyme and Rosemary. The only reason I didn't add Glover's to the mix is cause I couldn't find it yesterday but we'll solve that problem this evening!

2. My application will be every other day, to every two days.

3. Leave-in.

4. I apply with my finger tips, massage just enough to rub in.

5. Will rinse my hair once a week w/water only (cause of perspiration from my workouts and will shampoo once a week.

Just did this last night, so I have no visible results yet! :lol:

Am I disqualified cause I added the Essential Oils? It doesn't stink now! :look:

Dolapo

i was wondering if CO washing will remove the smell of this stuff....cos i know it was hard to get the MTG smell off my scalp :(

phynestone

I'm doing the Stinky Challenge as well with my sewn-in weave. I apply the mixture (Frenchee's, Sulfur 8, Glover's-occasionally) twice a week to the scalp partings. I also apply s-curl to the cornrows so they stay moisturized. I don't check my growth very often, but I know I have a lot of new growth. This weave will be redone at the end of this month and I plan on relaxing sometime in mid-August.

itismehmmkay

Yes! I was about to start a post like this myself. I just started my own stinky challenge as well. This is my concoction:

-Sulfur 8
-WGO
-Coconut Oil
-Castor Oil
-Peppermint Oil

The WGO/coconut oil/castor oil was inspired by Anki (where is that lady, btw), who got alot of growth by using this daily. I added peppermint oil to disclose the WGO smell. And after all this talk about Sulfur 8 and other products, I decided to add that as well.

I just oiled my scalp last night. I'm thinking about just doing this weekly because I don't want my hair getting all oily. But it seems more ideal to use it daily... :scratchch

Usually, I only oil my scalp when it's feeling dry and itchy. I might just wash my hair every 2 weeks (like I used to) and using the concoction weekly. But I would sure hate for that stinky hair to be all in my b/f's face....lol.

ETA:

I'm trippin, it wasn't anky's concoction........it was atlien's. Here's the link
Ladies look at this growth in less then 1 month!

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
You guys are all on the right track, but the best results with mtg is to use as a leave in. Rinsing the mtg out, you're losing the potency! :lol:

L

LaNecia

Natrlchallenge said:
You guys are all on the right track, but the best results with mtg is to use as a leave in. Rinsing the mtg out, you're losing the potency! :lol:

ITA w/this. I noticed a HUGE difference when I stopped frequent co washing/rinsing.

Poohbear

Dolapo said:
i was wondering if CO washing will remove the smell of this stuff....cos i know it was hard to get the MTG smell off my scalp :(
I dont think so... not even shampoo removes the smell of the Sulfur8 that I've been using.

DDTexlaxed

Pooh, I learned this the hard way not to put this stuff on my scalp. I put it on my hair. It comes out easier when I put it on my hair. Umm...that works for me, I hope it works with you.... :Blush2:

Poohbear

Natrlchallenge said:
Pooh, I learned this the hard way not to put this stuff on my scalp. I put it on my hair. It comes out easier when I put it on my hair. Umm...that works for me, I hope it works with you.... :Blush2:
Oh! So you put all that stuff on your hair??? I thought you put your stinky mixture on your scalp!!! :confused:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

1.. What products are you using for the Stinky Challenge (Glover's, Sulfer8, MTG, Dr. Miracles temple and nape balm, WGO, essential oils and carrier oils).

2. How often do you apply it during the week? Everyday to my scalp only.

3. Do you leave it in or use it as a prepoo? Leave it in.

4. How do you apply it. Scoop with fingers and massage it in.

5. How often do you shampoo/co-wash/rinse your hair? I have never done Co washes so I only wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner once a week.

6. Approximately how much growth are you getting in a month's time? 0.5 inches

Thanks in advance! :weird:- Your welcome!!!!

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I'm curious as to what product seems to be working best for people--I'm thinking of picking up some Sulphur 8 next time I stop at the BSS, or should I order MTG. Any suggestions??

angellazette

Poohbear said:
:grin: I need some help with starting off my stinky challenge, so... this is for YOU, my fellow Stinky Challengers:

1. What products are you using for the Stinky Challenge (Glover's, Sulfur8, Frenchee", WGHO, etc.)?

I use Glover's mostly. I mix the Glover's with Surge, lavendar, peppermint, rosemary, and wheat germ oil. I also have a Glover's and Sulfur 8 mix that I would use as a pre poo. It's kind of messy so I haven't used it lately. I also tried applying the Glover's/Sulfur 8 mix to my scalp but was a little heavy handed, so it was greasy.

I try to spray the Surge/Glover's on my scalp atleast once a day. There are times that I forget.

Glover's/Surge I leave in...Glover's/Sulfur 8 as a prepoo...may try to use up the Glover's/Sulfur 8 mix by applying with a cotton ball during the week.

4. How do you apply it (scoop with fingers and massage it in, heat it up and apply with an applicator bottle, etc.)?

After I spray, I massage it in. After I applied it for a prepoo I would also massage it in...same will go if I try to use Glover's/Sulfur 8 on the scalp during the week.

I shampoo weekly.

I don't know, I'm not a measurer. Last time I tried measuring, it didn't seem like much, but then my photos showed something different (unless it's just wishful thinking!)

DDTexlaxed

Pooh, I thought u knew I put it on my hair. I'm sorry 4 the confusion. I thought I pmed u that message. :Blush2: It's a prepoo mix.

Poohbear

Natrlchallenge said:
Pooh, I thought u knew I put it on my hair. I'm sorry 4 the confusion. I thought I pmed u that message. :Blush2: It's a prepoo mix.
Oh okay... I thought you had put it on your scalp too, but thanks for clarifying! ;)

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
WGO

Every night after my co-wash.

leave in

while my hair is still damp, I spray a mixture of surge and WGO and massage into my scalp.

Every night

I don't really measure. I just kind of look at it and go WOOHOO IT GREW!