How often do you..

Sarahh.

How often do you measure/photograph your hair?
When you do, do you flat iron it or just hold it out straight?
I was gonna do flat iron, measure and photograph my hair every month, but I decided I'd wait because I'm scared of heat damage and then I'd see more progress. It's now two months sinse my BC and I'm wondering whether I should or not..

MrsQueeny

About once a month when I remember. I usually don't flatiron unless it is for a final challenge reveal and I usually do a small section. Every other time I just have dh or one of the kiddies to hold it straight for me. I won't be doing anything once I get my braids though. So I probably won't have any new pics until Spring 2009. Q

JustKiya

I take pictures of my hair almost every month, but I'm just starting to take consistent progress pics, and I'll be taking those every three months. :yep:
DH will hold my hair down for me, as I don't own any heat instruments. :lol:

cottoncoily

I photograph my hair every time I try a new style. Right now I measure my hair every two months (my next update is in a week:yep:). I stretch my hair by holding it, but when it gets longer I'm going to have to get someone else to do.

chebaby

i take pics everytime i feel like it which is sometimes everyday lol. i just like looking at my hair.

Lyoness

I take photo's anytime I try a new style or treatment to help myself and others. I used to length check every month being eager and new to the hair game but now I'm more scared of using heat I'm more reluctant to use heat. I'd take health over length anyday!

bermudabeauty

ok I guess I still am reasonably a newbie here. I was taking pics every month. But I started getting discouraged so now I am going to do it every few months. I don't think I have taken a pic since August. I guess it is about time to take one. But for some reason I want to wait until the new year. Two more months.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
When I was transitioning, I took photos once a month to track my progress growing my hair back to BSL. Now that I'm natural and have cut my relaxed hair off, my hair is too curly with too much shrinkage to be taking length photos every month. My new plan is to straighten every 6 months and only take photos then.