How often do you moisturize and seal?

myhairgrowstoo

I am starting a straight hair regime and was wondering how often should I do this? Should I do this once every 1-2 weeks, right after I flat iron my hair? I want to try to keep my hair straight for 2 weeks

in the winter 2-5 times a week....i live in nyc.

in the warmer weather 1-3 times a week.

when my hair is flatironed i don't m/s from time to time i'll use a bit of aveda anti-humectant pomade put i only keep it a week and only do it every 3 months or so around the time i trim.

well when I flat iron my hair I don't moisturize while it's straight because it will revert. So I just DC for an hour with heat prior to me flat ironing and my hair lasts 1-2 weeks and then I would do the same process over if I were trying to keep straight hair, but I only straighten my hair every once and awhile.

I use grapeseed oil as a heat protectant when I flat iron as well.

At least 1x/week... But I wear wrapped rollersets, so I don't want the weight. I'll usually do it the night before wash day. This way I can be very heavy with my application. But deeper into my stretch when I'm doing a lot of co-washing, bunning and knot-outs, I usually m/s 2-3x/week.

I try 1X a day.
Majority of the time it ends up being 3Xs a week.

I feel out my hair's condition and respond accordingly.

I moisturize and seal 1 x per day daily. The only time I use direct heat is before a relaxer so that my hair can be somewhat straight for the relaxer application. Other than that I use indirect heat such as with roller setting.

Most of the time i moisturize and seal every morning, if i do use heat its from a blow dryer when Im doing a protein treatment. Also instead of flat ironing you can try air drying. tie your hair down with something satin so that it's flat and your hair should dry that way, smoothing your roots while wet will help also.

Usually just when I wash or cowash which is everyother day or every 2-3 days.....I only apply additional styling products between washes

Last edited:
When I wear my wigs & have my hair plaited underneath then I only do it on the day I plan to wash. Right now I'm wearing my hair out all week so I do it every night.

Back