How often do you re-do your sew-in?

MissFallon

I plan on getting 3 tracks put in my head tonight and wanted to know how long I should change them? I had a sew-in once that screwed up my hair that I kept in for 6 weeks (2x). I plan on getting it redone every 2 weeks. Wash and condition and then wait a week and re-do it. I dont want to wash my hair with the tracks in. I plan on washing bi-weekly. How often do you re-do your sew-in? Does this sound ok, or should I re-do it every week or 3 weeks? I'm not going more than 3 weeks tho cuz im scared.

MissFallon

bmoreflyygirl said:
I redo mines every 6 to 8 weeks.

U get full sew in or just pieces? I had mine only 6 weeks and my hair broke so bad. However, I do think it was the way she braided the hair tho.

glamazon386

MissFallon said:
U get full sew in or just pieces? I had mine only 6 weeks and my hair broke so bad. However, I do think it was the way she braided the hair tho.

I usually just have a little bit of hair out in the front to cover the track. I've only had a full head weave once. I've never had any breakage from weaves though. Now braids that's another story. They tore my hair up. Your hair might have broken off because it wasn't getting enough moisture while it was under the weave. Or she could have braided it too tight. What braid pattern did she use?

MissFallon

bmoreflyygirl said:
I usually just have a little bit of hair out in the front to cover the track. I've only had a full head weave once. I've never had any breakage from weaves though. Now braids that's another story. They tore my hair up. Your hair might have broken off because it wasn't getting enough moisture while it was under the weave. Or she could have braided it too tight. What braid pattern did she use?

She braided it half way from the left and half way from the right and then met the two braids in the middle but instead of sewing the braids together (the ends) she let them hang so w/o moisturizing and from the combing of the dry hair the ends that weren't braided broke off and that was about 5 inches of hair.

glamazon386

MissFallon said:
She braided it half way from the left and half way from the right and then met the two braids in the middle but instead of sewing the braids together (the ends) she let them hang so w/o moisturizing and from the combing of the dry hair the ends that weren't braided broke off and that was about 5 inches of hair.

WOW I'm sorry that happened to you. I usually braid mines straight back.

lashay06

I usually wear mine about 10-12 weeks at a time. I've never had any breakage or bad results from wearing a sew-in. I usually get tremendous growth with sew-ins. I agree with the other lady in regards to how the weave was installed. That could be the cause of the problem. There are several factors to consider, for instance whether it was threaded around the braid or through it, but I think three weeks at a time is fine. Just be very careful when removing and installing the tracks and you shouldn't have a problem with breakage. :grin:

MissFallon

lashay06 said:
I usually wear mine about 10-12 weeks at a time. I've never had any breakage or bad results from wearing a sew-in. I usually get tremendous growth with sew-ins. I agree with the other lady in regards to how the weave was installed. That could be the cause of the problem. There are several factors to consider, for instance whether it was threaded around the braid or through it, but I think three weeks at a time is fine. Just be very careful when removing and installing the tracks and you shouldn't have a problem with breakage. :grin:

I am going to have someone else take it out because I know that I will most likely mess it up trying to take it out cuz I have a short patience and Im quick to grab the scissors.