How often should i was sew in

Shalay11

I have a full sew in using Janet collection alco remy... It's been in for a week and 1 day.. I plan on keeping it in 3 months ..I originally said I would only wash once a month but was thinking about washing today.. I've only moisturized under my net every other day with glycerin/water/braid spray.. My question is would u recommend washing weekly or bi weekly instead of monthly and will washing so much even with diluted conditioner cause a problem ?

RoundEyedGirl504

This is controversial but I would probably wash once per month. Unless you are a heavy scalp sweater, then I may bump it up to every two weeks. Have you tried the dry shampoos? May be good to hit your scalp with just from a freshness perspective.

LivingDoll

Shalay11...do you have the hair sewn onto a net or sewn directly onto your hair (braids)...if you have a net, you can probably wash more often. If the hair is sewn onto braids, I wouldn't suggest washing weekly.

Shalay11

Shalay11...do you have the hair sewn onto a net or sewn directly onto your hair (braids)...if you have a net, you can probably wash more often. If the hair is sewn onto braids, I wouldn't suggest washing weekly.

I have a net sew in ... I don't necessarily think my hair needs to be washed, I just feel like letting water and conditioner hit my scalp and condition braids underneath ... What issues would I have washing weekly or biweekly

SuchaLady

I only wash my sew ins once a month. My hair just refuses to dry underneath and it's more trouble than its worth honestly. That's why I'm switching to uparts/three-fourths wigs. Then I will wash twice per month.

LivingDoll

I have a net sew in ... I don't necessarily think my hair needs to be washed, I just feel like letting water and conditioner hit my scalp and condition braids underneath ... What issues would I have washing weekly or biweekly

@Shalay11

With a net weave you probably wouldn't have many issues except for maybe product buildup (if you aren't able to thoroughly rinse products out) or moldy/mildewy smell (if you aren't able to thoroughly dry your braids underneath the net).

I would suggest getting an applicator bottle and diluting some conditioner and essential oils, and doing a mild rinse of your scalp as needed. The nozzle can get through the holes of the net. If you have a sit-under hair dryer, sit under it for an hour and a half afterward to make sure your hair is dry all the way.

I don't wear weaves that often, but this is what I did last time I had one and it worked for me. :yep:

Last edited:

Shalay11

Well I went ahead and washed hair while in shower.. I mixed oz of Shea moisture condition and filled up dye bottle with water and squirted it in between net to my scalp.. I put Shea moisture shampoo on the length of the hair and stood under shower for about 15 minutes squeezing water out and combing the hair downward.. I towel dried hair and blowed dried with handheld dryer for about 15 minutes and letting it air dry the rest of the way .. The water was dark even though I washed hair before installing it.. Scalp feels good and hair smells great ...

I probably will wait another 3 weeks before I wash again depending on how my scalp feels ..

Thanks ladies