How many times a week do you oil your scalp?

How often do you oil your scalp

• 1x a week

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • 2 or more times a week

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • 1x a month

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • never

Votes: 74 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frizzy

Hi, I voted 2 or more times per week.

It's really more like when/if my scalp feels itchy, I will oil it. I wash my hair about 2X's per week, but if it doesn't itch, I don't add extra oil.

isabella09

The last time I think my scalp was oiled or greased was when I was a child :look:. The only time I now put oil on my scalp is to prepoo and the only product I use on my scalp is OCT.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I have been dealing with dry skin forever. I finally figured out what works for my face & body and of course I couldn't short change my scalp. I oil or grease my scalp 5x/wk. I don't use anything with mineral oil or petrolatum in it. I also don't use anything with sulfates in it so that helps my scalp too.

ladytee2

I voted 1 a week. I am dry from head to toe. My scalp is dry and itchy right now becuse I washed and dc today. I was oiling and massaging everyday when I first came to lhcf but that led to acne.

msa

I oil my scalp when it feels dry. But I generally don't have to go out of my way to oil it because my conditioners have such a high oil content (AO).

Optimus_Prime

In Summer, 1x a month.
All other seasons, 1X a week, sort of like a pre-poo. I oil my hair & scalp in the evening, sleep w/ a plastic cap, and do my rinse, cleansing, and DC the next morning/afternoon.

ToyToy

2-3 times a week. Mostly with grease :blush: and sometimes with Taliah Waajid Healing Oyl (that's nice and thick too). My scalp is really, really dry and flakes when it doesn't get some kind of moisture. I do wash my hair (or braids) weekly, but that alone isn't enough.

zenith

My scalp is the thirsty kind so if i don't oil, i begin to itch something serious. I oil and massage everynight with ayurveda oils.

baddison

natural for good
I oil my scalp 2 or 3 times per week with Growth Specifics Hair Revitalizing Balm. My scalp gets so dry, even with dc'ing 2 times per week. This works for my tremendously.

SimplyBlessed

I've been trying 2 get back in the habit of doing this with jbco to help in thickness and my edges....

I know a lot of ppl look down on oiling but I dont see why...to me its no different then applying a growth aid 2 ur scalp...

I'm sure most of us as kids had that mineral crap all up in our scalp sooo whats sooo different now...Not saying 2 use that stuff but usuing a natural oil on the scalp for stimualtion or dryness is ok....IMO

La Colocha

2-3 times a week. Mostly with grease :blush: and sometimes with Taliah Waajid Healing Oyl (that's nice and thick too). My scalp is really, really dry and flakes when it doesn't get some kind of moisture. I do wash my hair (or braids) weekly, but that alone isn't enough.

This is the oil im using and its pretty nice.

Britt

I oil my scalp when it feels dry. But I generally don't have to go out of my way to oil it because my conditioners have such a high oil content (AO).

Right... I use natural based conditioners that already have oil in them and good stuff sans cones. My scalp really does not need any extra oil, it gets very oily on its own :ohwell:. Perhaps if my hair were thicker I'd consider consistently oiling my scalp b/c I don't think any harm could be done in feeding your scalp light oils. I do see the comparison of the scalp being an extension of the skin and that it could use extra moisturizing as well. However, even when I lightly, and I mean lightly use a very light hair oil, when I graze my fingertips across my scalp my fingers are oily and my hair looks fine :nono:

Sirens_Song

I don't use oil on my scalp. I feel as if it clogs my pores.

I only apply oils on the length. I used growth aids like WGO and BT on my scalp in the past, come to think of it...but I prefer a clean scalp.

CurlyMoo

I only oil my hair and skin. Occasionally I will add some to my scalp just because I like playing in my hair and when I read that some oils are good for growth, I get inspired to rub my scalp with oil. But I really don't need it.

pri

I haven't oiled my scalp in sometime now and don't plan on ever doing it again so I voted never. When I did it was just too much and I didn't really see the need. The only time I use oil is for the last 2 inches of my ends.

SmilingElephant

I've been oiling the nape and the back part of my scalp with my JBCO/EVOO mix and my hair has really thickened up.

I do this twice a week.:yep: