Did you feed your scalp today?

Stella B.

I fed mine with a little Vatika coconut oil mixed with a few drops of avocado oil. I usually do this once a week by parting the hair into sections, dipping my fingers into the oil mixture, and applying to my scalp with my fingers. I followed with a brief scalp massage. Ahhhhhhhhh...So this got me to thinking- Did you feed your scalp today? How often do you do this? Is this an external (topical) or internal (oral supplement)? way of feeding your scalp to keep it happy and healthy?

chebaby

i rubbed my scalp with carols daughter lisa's hair elixer before i co washed with kbb deep conditioner.
my calp has been itchy lately so tonight i will do an overnight oil treatment with that same oil. it has olive and peppermint oil in it.

panamoni

Tonight, I'll be feeding my scalp Megatek and a little jojoba oil.

I also feed my scalp daily internally with HSN vitamins.

BrooklynSouth

Yes I did, water and some Avocado mist, tonight some more water and my shea/peppermint/MSM/coconut/jojoba mix before the silk scarf.

poookie

not yet! can't wait to get home after work, so i can smooth a lil' coconut oil on it. i've discovered that my scalp really likes to be lightly oiled w/ this stuff.

remilaku

Today I will be doing a hair rinse with filterd water. I have hard water and watering my plants (hair) with filterd water will help them grow long, healthy and strong.

Kranbery

I used oyin greg juice on my scalp. I'm going to do this every time I wash my hair to see if I get faster growth. I also take hair vitamins every day.

Neith

I pay a lot of attention to my scalp :yep:

• Hot oil treatments with evoo/castor oil (make sure to get the hair AND scalp too)
  • Tea Rinses
  • Oil my scalp with coconut oil/castor oil mix
  • Use pure aloe vera gel on the scalp

I do all of this 2x a week. Most of it is good for my hair as well!

Stella B.

Sounds like you ladies have some great ways of feeding your scalp regularly! I would really like to try a tea rinse, but not sure about how to do it without drying out my hair strands.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thanks to Charmtrese, I have found the Perfect Scalp Food.:grin:

It is: Black & Bossie All Natural Hair and Scalp Oil with: Aloe Vera, Biotin, Vitamins B5, A&E, Bee Pollen, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ, Hydrolized Protein, Cystin, Keratin and other Natural Ingredients.:yep:

Stella B.

Thanks to Charmtrese, I have found the Perfect Scalp Food.:grin:

It is: Black & Bossie All Natural Hair and Scalp Oil with: Aloe Vera, Biotin, Vitamins B5, A&E, Bee Pollen, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ, Hydrolized Protein, Cystin, Keratin and other Natural Ingredients.:yep:

Is this little miracle in a jar something I can find at the local BSS? I like that ingredient list!

Stella B.

Yes.....I did Find it at a Local BSS.:yep: They have several All Natural Products. This was the only one I picked up.

Now would this Black and Bossie line be different from the Black and Sassy product line? I'm very familiar with Black and Sassy, I have several of their products at home.

Jewell

Nope...I know I need to be beat, but when I do feed my scalp its with a pure coconut oil pomade, or light Indian Hemp. I use the same for my 13 month old baby girl, but her scalp also likes the heavier Tea Tree Oil pomade as well. My hair strands are too fine for that and would be sort of plastered to my head.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Now would this Black and Bossie line be different from the Black and Sassy product line? I'm very familiar with Black and Sassy, I have several of their products at home.

Nope. Black & Bossie by Kalawentz.:yep: Black & Bossie in a White Jar with Red & Black Writing...................

Stella B.

I never put anything on my scalp and never have.

Good for you! Your scalp must be in great shape, if you don't feel the need to put anything on it. Do you feed your scalp internally, with good diet, vitamin rich oils, supplements or liquids?

Neith

Sounds like you ladies have some great ways of feeding your scalp regularly! I would really like to try a tea rinse, but not sure about how to do it without drying out my hair strands.

I hear that some people do the tea rinse, then put their dc in their hair right over the tea. That would really help with moisture :yep:

I personally rinse with the tea after dcing, let it sit for 3-5 mins, then rinse it out with water. I don't leave the tea in my hair. Haven't experienced any dryness from it.

Neith

I never put anything on my scalp and never have.

I was the same way not too long ago, lol.

but now I think of the skin on my scalp just like the skin on my body. My body skin likes to be hydrated and pampered... I'm sure my scalp does too.

baddison

natural for good
3 or 4 times a week, I usually apply BT Hair Balm to my scalp. Love it & love the tingles I get !!

Stella B.

I hear that some people do the tea rinse, then put their dc in their hair right over the tea. That would really help with moisture :yep:

I personally rinse with the tea after dcing, let it sit for 3-5 mins, then rinse it out with water. I don't leave the tea in my hair. Haven't experienced any dryness from it.
Neith, I'll be experimenting with both ways in the near future. I have so been wanting to add a tea rinse back into to my reggie for the longest! Especially if it's another way to feed my scalp!:drunk:

Stella B.

So many different ways to feed the scalp, thanks, ladies! Today I'll be eating tuna fish (amino's/protein) for lunch, and drinking my egg cocktail mid afternoon. I'm feeding my scalp internally today.:drunk: