How many times a week do you oil your scalp?

How often do you oil your scalp

• 1x a week

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • 2 or more times a week

Votes: 76 42.5%
  • 1x a month

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • never

Votes: 74 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Colocha

Ladies how many times a week do you oil your scalp. I will include a poll and would appreciate any feed back.

Neith

2x a week with a coconut oil/castor oil mix.

I oil it very lightly, doesn't have any negative affects on my scalp. I find it to be soothing and nourishing. :yep:

I oil/lotion my body after showering, so I decied to give my scalp a little oil after washig too :)

Bun Mistress

I use Vatika coconut oil almot everyday to everyother day. I stopped oild for a while and have seen a difference since I started back.

iNicola

I haven't oiled my scalp in months so I'll vote never :look:. I'm too lazy to go through my NG. It seem to be doing Ok with it's own oil.

ceebee3

I voted never, but I may try jojoba oil to see if I like it. My scalp seems to be doing fine without any oil.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I oil my scalp every other day when my hair is straight. When its in cornrows under my wig or when I'm past 7 weeks post, I oil it everyday with castor oil.

La Colocha

Hi La Colocha! :wave:

I voted never. Applying anything to my scalp is asking for disaster. I have sensitive and flaky scalp.

Hey sheryl how are you lady? My scalp is sensitive also, i was wondering how many times a week should i oil my scalp. Everyones head is different. I oiled mine with some oil last night and my scalp feels really good. I would like to continue with it as long as there are no negative effects. I started this thread to see how others are doing thier scalps.

charmtreese

I use a little something every day or every other perhaps 2-3 times a week.:yep:

Me too...I use something just about every day or every other depending on how my scalp feels.

I see my scalp as an extension of my face. Just as I wash my face and apply vit e oil and moisturizer, I moisturize and oil my scalp.

I find oiling my scalp very necessary, since my scalp does not produce enough sebum to keep it and my new growth at optimum health.

I always spray my scalp with a light moisturizer and then apply my oils or butters.

My favorites are (in no particular order):

Kalawentz Bio-cys-tin
Black and Bossie natural hair oil
Castor Oil
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine

Tinkerbell19

hmmm not often at all sometimes i ask my kids to oil it for me because i know they are heavy handed with grease lol then i sleep with a satin bonnet and wash it out in the am.

SherylsTresses

Hey sheryl how are you lady? My scalp is sensitive also, i was wondering how many times a week should i oil my scalp. Everyones head is different. I oiled mine with some oil last night and my scalp feels really good. I would like to continue with it as long as there are no negative effects. I started this thread to see how others are doing thier scalps.

I'm doing fine, just experiencing some protein overload. I'm staying posted to keep status of your scalp oiling regi. :yep:

Last edited:

redecouvert

I also oil my scalp every day or every other day. My scalp is very dry and itchy..
my favorites
- anita grant papaya oil
- lavidagivenbynature ayurvedic hair oil
-njoi creations herbal hairdressing
and qhemet grapeseed and teatree oil
i rotate...usually i use a light oil during the fall/summer and winter i use exclusively lavidagiven by nature

Hysi

i use a mixture of coconut oil/ castor/ almond oil/ evoo 2x week. I stopped for a while (since I'd been moving) and i noticed that my scalp was a bit dry in certain areas. while my main mo for oiling the scalp was to help fill in areas that were missing hair (who stole my hair & left me wit these spots!??), those areas are filling in at a wonderful rate; but i found that in certain areas where i am prone to light flaking have gotten considerably better and while i don't like oily head, with the use in those areas the flakes are non-existent.

tocktick

2-3x a week. I like oiling my scalp because it gets so dry, even though I only wash once a week with shampoo. I mainly use olive oil infused with garlic mixed with essential oils.

Supervixen

Oh my goodness you all! FOR YEARS, YEARS, I thought that oiling the scalp hindered hair growth, but I've always had my best hair while oiling the scalp. Thank you all! I'm going to start oiling again.

femmemuscle

since i'm wearing extensions, i oil once a day. I tried doing so otherwise, and when the weave was taken out - there were moist areas and dry areas.