How do you use (pure) argan oil?

sharifeh

Hey!
Those of you who have pure argan, how are you using it?
I just got some from Morocco and I'm so excited!!

It's too expensive to prepoo with right? So how are you all using it?

I'm not talking about the argan oil serums, I'm talking about the real thing but anyone is welcome!

TIA

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I use it to seal in moisture, give my hair shine and I also apply it to my scalp to relieve dryness.

Khadija from Henna Sook sent me some essential oil in Sweet Orange to add to it to alleviate the "nutty" scent that it has.

sharifeh

You don't like the nutty smell?

I love it but in a food way I guess not in a hair way.

I used to eat it when I was younger.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
You don't like the nutty smell?

I love it but in a food way I guess not in a hair way.

I used to eat it when I was younger.

It's ok, but I don't like the scent for my hair (but I love the smell of Wen which smells like cherry cough medicine - go figure).

LushLox

I use it to seal my ends which leaves my hair nice and soft in the morning.

I have added a few drops to my conditioners to DC with, but not too much because it's quite heavy. I don't do this often in any case because I'd rather something so good remained in my hair rather than washing it away. Argan is excellent for the skin too.

I don't really mind the smell, it doesn't particularly last long...

Curlybeauty

While my hair is wet, I put the oil on last right before I blow it our, and then blow it out, and it adds a lot of shine, and makes my hair super soft!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies, get your Argon Oil from Camden Grey. I use it to seal in moisture and to add shine. I guess I'm weird because I actually like the smell. :lick:

tenderheaded

I use it on my hair after it dries. It makes my hair soft and non-greasy for days. I started using this 10/09, and Camden Grey had the best price.

A few drops on the face leaves a nice satiny finish!!!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I use it on my skin as a daily moisturizer. I use Josie Maran from Sephora.
I also use it on my hair for added shine.

I just impulse-purchased this today (note to self. Stay out of Sephora :sad:)
I used some on my hair about 20 minutes ago. I like the scent.

We'll see tomorrow how my hair feels...

sharifeh

I use it to seal my ends which leaves my hair nice and soft in the morning.

I have added a few drops to my conditioners to DC with, but not too much because it's quite heavy. I don't do this often in any case because I'd rather something so good remained in my hair rather than washing it away. Argan is excellent for the skin too.

I don't really mind the smell, it doesn't particularly last long...

A few drops is key lol
I added this to my dc a couple of weeks ago and my hair was really heavy I used way to much. lol

I still haven't figured out a good way to use argan, I'll try to seal with it tonight and not use too much lol

My Friend

A few drops is key lol
I added this to my dc a couple of weeks ago and my hair was really heavy I used way to much. lol

I still haven't figured out a good way to use argan, I'll try to seal with it tonight and not use too much lol

Did you find the real thing to be comparable to what they sell here at BSS or Sally's?

How did you eat it as a child?

I maybe able to get some too, is it worth it?

frizzy

I received an order a few days ago, my main purpose is to use it on my skin, 4 drops at a time. Then I rubbed my hands over my hair. I will try it on my ends only, in the near future.

sharifeh

Did you find the real thing to be comparable to what they sell here at BSS or Sally's?

How did you eat it as a child?

I maybe able to get some too, is it worth it?

I don't know if the oil is comparable to the serum actually. They are both very heavy so you have to use a little bit. Do you have the sallys serum? or the moroccan oil serum?

Well, my family's moroccan, so I used to eat this sometimes as a child with bread and I didn't realize because there was no hype about it when I was a kid and it was much cheaper. In Morocco the price of argan has quadrupled. If you get it, you'll see it has a nutty smell. People have raved about its benefits for the hair, but I'm thinking that I may end up using it for skin more.
But I also haven't experimented with it for my hair enough.
I say get some and experiment. A little goes a long way.