How do you use your Coconut Oil?

LexaKing

I just ordered some Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and I'm so excited! I had the ORS Coconut Oil before but it has petroleum (the 1st ingredient) so I tossed it... But now im very excited about my order and I wanna know how you use your Coconut Oil and how it has benefited your hair :)

lamaria211

There ae countless threads on EVCO and how its used. But i normally use mine ( i have Herbs of Light Extra Virgin Organic Coconut oil) as a pre-poo and as a seal ocasionally i will mix it with my DC. HTH

D.Lisha

I use mine in my DC mix and as a sealant. As far as the benefits, I notice that my hair has more shine and is now softer than it was before I incorporated coconut oil into my regimen.

It's definitely a staple for me! :)

ToSelahWithLove

Unfortunately, my hair hates all kinds of oils... olive oil, coconut oil, wheat germ oil, etc... just dries my hair out. On the boards oils are amazing, but I don't get the same results. It's a sad thing. HOWEVER.... cooking with coconut oil is pretty freaking awesome :grin:

Mz.MoMo5235

Uses for EVCO

I cook with it, use it on my body, use it on my face, grease my scalp with it, seal my ends with it, mix it with DC's, sun tan with it, remove make up with it, eat it if I cant boo boo... I cant live wih out this stuff

For my hair it makes it shine more and on my scalp it helps keep my scalp healthy

BostonMaria

I add coconut oil to my deep conditioner. I also use it on dry hair to give it shine.

Before I dye my hair, I apply EVCO to my forehead, edges and ears to make it easier to wipe off any hair dye that's on my skin.

I also use it as a pre-poo. I apply all over my dry hair, leave it on for an hour, then co-wash.

HairPleezeGrow said:
Where r u ladies getting yours from

Whole Foods

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Mz.MoMo5235

In America I get it from a local vitamin supply store. Like those health food nut places that sell all kind of weird things for healthy people :lol:

When I get back I will be ordering online because I now like a specific brand that they dont cary in my town that's I've been using for almost a year now and I like it better and its cheaper.

beana

I use it as a pre poo and also as an oil sheen. It just takes a dab like the size of a standard pencil eraser to make my hair shiny. I apply it nightly when my hair is straightened then wrap.

Tiye

I get mine from a health food store, or an Indian store - also sometimes they have it at walmart (vitamin section). I use it for everything - cooking, skin, hair (conditioner and leave in).

MeowMix

I vote prepoo. I've been on that moisture drenched pre-poo hard. I run some hot water in the sink and put my EVCO in to get it all liquidy. After spraying my hair with an AVJ/grapeseed oil mix, I put on the EVCO as a topper.

PureSilver

I bought Vatika coconut oil some 3 years ago. I havent been using it much throughout the time. I realise now that it has a funny smell and is very light and runny. Initially it had a pleasant smell and was hard and get out of the bottle. I'm not liking this, has anyone else had this experience with Vatika coconut oil.

I live in Jamaica and that may be the reason for it's runny consistency. Do you think it may have gotten stale over the period of time from manufacture till now?

Please share your thoughts ladies....all feedback is welcomed.

MizzBrown

Prepoo, use it to seal, slick back edges, grease my scalp with it, etc.

It's a really good oil. I'm STILL trying to use up all my other oils so I can just use Coconut oil only. There's no need for another oil. I always go back to it.