Coconut oil, coconut cream natural relaxer

Valerie

Dear Ladies, I used coconut oil, coconut cream and natural yoghurt full fat, natural relaxer on Monday 27 August. I used 1 tablespoon of each ingredient. Coconut cream and coconut from a local shop. I didn't use Tropical Traditions Coconut oil and Coconut cream concentrate. I left it on my hair for nearly three hours, approximately 2 and a half hours plus, then shampooed my hair, deep conditioned my hair with castor oil, aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice, for one hour, using a plastic bag, then steamed my hair using my hair steamer, my hair was extremely soft. It was a breeze to comb.

Combed from the ends, lovely to comb through, applied my aloe and castor mixture to my scalp roots and ends, it really feels nice. I wanted to know ladies who used the coconut oil natural relaxer treatment, how long did the effects last for and how often people repeated the treatment.

Thank you so much for your help.

Valerie

DaiseeDay. It looked slightly elongated. I didn't really see any difference to my hair, but I noticed it was soft and much easier to comb through.

BraunSugar

I have wanted to try this. It seems like it would make a great conditioning treatment! I need to find a place where I can get some coconut cream.

DominicanBrazilian82

Valerie said:
Dear Ladies, I used coconut oil, coconut cream and natural yoghurt full fat, natural relaxer on Monday 27 August. I used 1 tablespoon of each ingredient. Coconut cream and coconut from a local shop. I didn't use Tropical Traditions Coconut oil and Coconut cream concentrate. I left it on my hair for nearly three hours, approximately 2 and a half hours plus, then shampooed my hair, deep conditioned my hair with castor oil, aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice, for one hour, using a plastic bag, then steamed my hair using my hair steamer, my hair was extremely soft. It was a breeze to comb.

Combed from the ends, lovely to comb through, applied my aloe and castor mixture to my scalp roots and ends, it really feels nice. I wanted to know ladies who used the coconut oil natural relaxer treatment, how long did the effects last for and how often people repeated the treatment.

Where do you find Coconut Cream?

demlew

I use all three ingredients in my henna mix when I'm trying to stretch my relaxer. I typically relax 8-10 weeks, but was able to stretch to 14 last time.

The yogurt definitely softened/relaxed my NG and the coconut cream moisturized my hair well. Grocery stores usually carry coconut cream in the Asian/Indian cuisine aisle.

Tiye

I used the coconut cream and lime juice treatment last year using the basic instructions from the thread about this in the natural living board. I'm not sure when but it was probably towards the end of the year. This is a conditioning treatment not a relaxer for type 4 hair but it might make type 2 hair appear straighter. I only used it once coz I have other things that can condition hair just as well, but I would say the effects lasted about 2-3 months.

HairQueen

I am very interested in this since I am transitioning...please can you update us in a few weeks time on how long the effects last for? I would be grateful as it would be good to know how often this would need to be reapplied. Thanks.