• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

:cowgirl: Okay, I'm jumping on the chlorella bandwagon. I'm going to go to the health food store today and get a couple of other things anyway, so why not get some Chlorella?

I'll come back and post my results as soon as I have some.

Can anyone tell me which type of Naked Juice you use to mix it with? THANKS!
It's literally called Green Machine Naked Juice. Just look for the bottle of juice that's green. It has apples and pears and other good stuff in it but tastes totally like fruit. When you mix the chlorella in it, there is zero taste as it's made to mask chlorella (it has a little in it on it's own like 400 mg or so)

Forgot to add welcome to the party!

Last edited:

IndianAngel22

Ok I'm confused again. Is this green machine stuff already juice or another powder? Can you get it at a grocery store? Is it expensive?

mariofmagdal

Another great green drink is by Bolthouse Farms, it's called Green Goodness, it's a fruit smoothie, it has even more nutrients than Naked Juices. I have had them both, but prefer Bolthouse, it gives you a great energy boost when you need it!

FYI, I am singing the praises of www.luckyvitamin.com they are awesome and super speedy, even with the holiday this week! They are very reasonable and ship with lightening speed! Check them out, they also feature the autoship program. I love it!

mariofmagdal

Ok I'm confused again. Is this green machine stuff already juice or another powder? Can you get it at a grocery store? Is it expensive?

Yes, it's already a juice. You can find them in your organics food section of your local grocery store. I have even found them at 7-Eleven. They come in several flavors. Check out www.bolthouse.com for more info on their juices and smoothies. You will love them!

yodie

Another great green drink is by Bolthouse Farms, it's called Green Goodness, it's a fruit smoothie, it has even more nutrients than Naked Juices. I have had them both, but prefer Bolthouse, it gives you a great energy boost when you need it!

FYI, I am singing the praises of www.luckyvitamin.com they are awesome and super speedy, even with the holiday this week! They are very reasonable and ship with lightening speed! Check them out, they also feature the autoship program. I love it!

Just discovered luckyvitamin.com. I'm going to order more tablets from them, unless I favor taking the powder with one of these juices.

Thanks.

ttlayli

Just checking in. Today is officially week three for me and I'm now taking 3 grams.

BM's are not green yet. Nails are still growing long and strong. I'm still detoxing as well; getting little painful zits on my face.

mariofmagdal

Just discovered luckyvitamin.com. I'm going to order more tablets from them, unless I favor taking the powder with one of these juices.

Thanks.

www.luckyvitamin.com is a very informative site too, and you can do a live chat with a person who is filled with knowledge! Not only that but the reference material/section is immeasurable! You can research your supplement before you place an order right there on their site, can you tell I'm excited!

No I don't get anything from them, I am just excited and have no problems sharing goodness!

luckiestdestiny

i know this is hugh but so great I love learning new things about the body and results.

I think that's why I'm here everyday. I love to find out about the results. I love to find out about everything. Hey we probably have a bigger "study" than most scientists right now. We can tell you about bm's which products are more effective, and what detoxing effects to expect (and what to do about them!).
:grin:

Also It feels good to know it's working for so many others and that it is the real deal.

luckiestdestiny

luckiestdestiny

LD, maybe you've already been asked this, but how much was your hair growing before you started using the nettle? And how often do you do the rinse with it now? I plan on drinking it everyday as you have suggested, but I dont think I caught how often you do a rinse with it. Thanks!

Sorry. I just caught this question. before nettle my hair grew .25 to .50 depending on what it wanted to do that month. Nothing compared to what I'm getting now, not even close. Some months it was almost non existent and believe me I maintained my ends so they weren't snapping. The only thing I'm doing different now is eating right (started that in September), drinking nettle (started that in October), and using it as a rinse. I like all natural stuff stimulating growth instead of stuff engineered in the lab but to each their own. I also find that it simplifies everything. Instead of me having to comb some magic elixir in every day, or every other day I just drink tea at night, eat right (which is already good for me and helps me to remain healthy), and when I wash my hair do a nettle rinse.

I only rinse with nettle when I wash my hair and I do not wash more than once a wekk (I would walk around w/ a cold all week because my hair would take a day or more to dry and I don't like walking around with wet hair). I wash my hair only once a week, so I use my nettle rinse as my finale. It feels like a treat I'm doing for my hair too as it makes hair so soft (nettle also conditions hair). HTH!

emo

I have Kyo-Green Harvest Blend Immune Builder. It's a powder drink mix, and contains "44 vegetarian super foods".
I just rechecked the ingredients, and noticed that it also contains Japanese Chlorella. 250 mg per serving.

How many milligrams are you all taking?

I've been drinking this, mixed with apple juice, inconsistently (since October 2008). So I can't really say if I noticed any difference with my hair, between this and my regular supplements.

However, starting today, I will be drinking this everyday. :yep:

CurliDiva

I got my iherb package in the mail, and plan to start when I get home tonight! :yep:

I bought the Jarrow Formula Yaeyama Chlorella Powder and the Now Foods Spirulina Powder.

I also got some castor oil and coconut oil for sealing my hair.

luckiestdestiny

I have Kyo-Green Harvest Blend Immune Builder. It's a powder drink mix, and contains "44 vegetarian super foods".
I just rechecked the ingredients, and noticed that it also contains Japanese Chlorella. 250 mg per serving.

How many milligrams are you all taking?

I've been drinking this, mixed with apple juice, inconsistently (since October 2008). So I can't really say if I noticed any difference with my hair, between this and my regular supplements.

However, starting today, I will be drinking this everyday. :yep:

We're taking grams. You need 1000 mg to equal one gram. It's a good start. Maybe if you can, get some powder and mix it in to make up for it.

luckiestdestiny

Just don't laugh at my frizzy cornrow braids. You can click the pic to see in more detail. That was the second week. I did have some growth from the nettle tea prior, but the chlorella did bump it up. Every week I had a growth spurt. You can read the whole explanation and see my horribly frizzy cornrows that were ready to be redone! I was lazy. I'd just gotten off of Christmas break and school didn't start until the week of the 21st. Lazy me. I really had to take them apart carefully with lots of conditioner. Ha! Both pics I tried to pull up my braids all the way to see the new growth. I got a better grip on the second one, but I still didn't have it pulled all the way. It's hard to take pics w/ a camera phone.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287&page=100

Just scroll down the page to see. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Forgot to add about the 6 wks I was having a slow month. I had before starting the chlorella 2 wks earlier, about .75 new growth (that's with taking the nettle tea and rinse) on fast months w/ nettle it's a little over an inch. So in two weeks, a LOT of extra growth came in like over an extra inch on top of the .75.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Sorry. I just caught this question. before nettle my hair grew .25 to .50 depending on what it wanted to do that month. Nothing compared to what I'm getting now, not even close. Some months it was almost non existent and believe me I maintained my ends so they weren't snapping. The only thing I'm doing different now is eating right (started that in September), drinking nettle (started that in October), and using it as a rinse. I like all natural stuff stimulating growth instead of stuff engineered in the lab but to each their own. I also find that it simplifies everything. Instead of me having to comb some magic elixir in every day, or every other day I just drink tea at night, eat right (which is already good for me and helps me to remain healthy), and when I wash my hair do a nettle rinse.

I only rinse with nettle when I wash my hair and I do not wash more than once a wekk (I would walk around w/ a cold all week because my hair would take a day or more to dry and I don't like walking around with wet hair). I wash my hair only once a week, so I use my nettle rinse as my finale. It feels like a treat I'm doing for my hair too as it makes hair so soft (nettle also conditions hair). HTH!

I apologize if you have posted this already but what brand of nettle tea do you drink?? Where do you purchase it...Thank you!

luckiestdestiny

I apologize if you have posted this already but what brand of nettle tea do you drink?? Where do you purchase it...Thank you!
I purchase the NOW brand of organic nettle tea leaf. I was getting it from iherb, but this time I got it from amazon.com because it was $2.50 or so there instead of over $3.50. I just stocked up on 3. There's 30 tea bags per box.

luckiestdestiny

Okay so my head is really activated so to speak. I felt sensations before a couple weeks ago, but now I feel them and itching.

I have a theory as my hair usually grows in weekly spurts since taking nettle. At the beginning of the week nothing but by the end .25 inch (after nettle but after chlorella this is a lot more). So I think I'm headed for another big spurt.

One thing I like about the nettle is that the growth hasn't stopped, every month it has been consistently at least 3 quarters to over an inch without fail. I'm thinking the same thing is going to happen with the chlorella as it's such a super food but even more growth. I know babydollhair got 1 1/2 inches consistently from what she says. We'll see. I'll keep monitoring. I believe I'm in for more as I'm also using the nettle. Four weeks is coming up (though I won't be measuring again for a while) it'll be good to have an idea of the growth just through stretching a piece of my hair down when washing.

kitamay

LD, does your nettle tea say how much nettle is in it? I forgot that I have some nettle capsules that I was using over the summer to infuse in oil. They are 435mg each. I was hoping this could hold me over until I can get my nettle tea. Not that I wanna take any more pills!

luckiestdestiny

LD, does your nettle tea say how much nettle is in it? I forgot that I have some nettle capsules that I was using over the summer to infuse in oil. They are 435mg each. I was hoping this could hold me over until I can get my nettle tea. Not that I wanna take any more pills!

Sorry Kitamay,

It doesn't say. It's because it's tea bags I guess. It just syas Ingredient: Organic Nettle leaf. Contains no caffeine, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sugars. It just says the serving size is 1 tea bag but wait, I'm typing while I look at it it says 1 tea bag (2g) by it! Now here's the thing I don't know how much of that seeps into the water (when I make tea) but that's what it says. Also I can't vouch for pills as they are usually processed and this is organic, unless you have organic nettle capsules. HTH

seashell

Well, I ordered Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella yesterday from vitacost, and it arrived today!
I went ahead and took my first dose.:clapping:

luckiestdestiny

Well, I ordered Jarrow Yaeyama Chlorella yesterday from vitacost, and it arrived today!
I went ahead and took my first dose.:clapping:
Welcom to the chlorella party!:dance7:

I think I'm going to say this more often because the benefits make you wanna do a happy dance.

How much did you take for a first dose?

seashell

I mixed it in grapefruit juice, and I didn't taste anything but the juice.
Vitacost has super fast shipping. Well, at least to Los Angeles.

msdevo

Well I do not know exactly what happen over the past day or so but tonight when I took my chlorella, by the 1st sip whateva was in my stomach from earlier in the day came right back up. I have no clue what happen. But I am gonna take a lil 2 day hiatus and see what happens over the weekend.

trey21

Ladies, what dosage are you starting out with ? I started taking it last night and the bottle recommends 3 pills a day totaling 9 grams. Is this too much to begin with? I took 3 today and so far all is well, no adverse effects.

luckiestdestiny

Ladies, what dosage are you starting out with ? I started taking it last night and the bottle recommends 3 pills a day totaling 9 grams. Is this too much to begin with? I took 3 today and so far all is well, no adverse effects.

wow. You may want to scale it back to one pill at 3 grams until your body gets acclimated and then go up from there.

AtlantaJJ

Anyone noticing less gray hairs?

Mega Tek gave me alot more gray hairs around my temple areas. I don't have as many as I used to have before.
I got the MegaTek grays too, that's why I started using henna!! It's too early to tell for me. I'm not really looking for big hair changes until June. I'm going to straighten and do some before pics at the end of this month to mark my progress...

The grays will be something interesting to watch for :yep:

luckiestdestiny

Hey so the chlorella party has some new members! :band::dance7::bdance::violin::club::rocker:

Welcome to all of you and also to the lurkers. I've done my fair share of lurking before trying something out but I'm urging you guys to come out of hiding. It's been almost a month and we're doing great. In addition I must say that I don't jump on bandwagons anymore. It has to be something that I KNOW will work to improve my health before I even take a step. This chlorella is the real deal and can help to balance your body in so many ways it's worth taking just for that. Infact, it can replace that huge shelf you have of vitamins, or give you some when you were wishing you'd be healthier (but just haven't made the leap). Hope to see you on the board.

Here's to our health, happiness, and wonderful nails; skin; and hair