Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Jaxhair

@ JAXHAIR:

I used to work near Planet Organic in W2, they used to have some really gorgeous hot food! Anyway, I get my Aubrey Organics here http://www.aubreyorganicsuk.co.uk/

HTH!

Thanks Pookie for the link, though I looked and it was sold out :sad:. And they don't have any white camellia condish put up either, just some spray. I'll go look again though - not giving up! I know Adornment365 in Brixton stocks AO but it's so far from me. The one time I was at Brix on a Sunday Morley's was closed for re-stocking or something - will keep trying though.

Sorry guys, hijacking the thread momentarily there.

Love your hair Pookie!

Muse

Speaking of the deodorizer effect...

is anyone else enjoying that?

I mean I woke up all sweaty (I had a mini heater on me and forgot to turn it off, in addition to the regular heater). Well I took a shower but I was suprised because I smelled like well....nothing.

And when I BM now it smells NOTHING like it used to lol! Too much info? Not that I want to smell my BMs but you know how it is in the bathroom. Well after a month of chlorella there's almost no smell.

None of this I'm complaining about,

just wondering if anyone else has noticed.

Haha yeah and I love it. I posted about this earlier in the thread. I can actually go without having to use any air freshener and sometimes when I'm alone I go with the door open:blush: because there's no smell flowing into the hall.

On another note, I swore I wouldn't try anything else until I gave my current poo and con a chance but you guys are getting me with this nettle tea and softness. Can you find this brand at Whole Foods and do you guys just brew it and pour it in your hair at the end? No rinsing?

I like to mix my chlorella/spirulina with OJ but I don't like all of the extra sugar from it that I am taking in. I wonder how the nettle tea would taste with chlorella mixed in and a LITTLE sugar...

Jaxhair

Wow, I just had to read like 7 pages since yesterday - this sure is a party!

Guys, I just wondered - chlorella and all the other superfoods we are taking detox our bodies. Just curious why some are still taking colas and such which add even more toxins to the body? Or am I OTT? I mean, the detox symptoms I went through last week were so nasty, I've not eaten or drank anything with ingredients I have any doubt of - I'm scared, lol. Then again, I went full monty on detox and was just on water, teas and freshly extracted fruit and veg juices for 6 days, lol. Intense! Now I'm mostly on smoothies and juices and water, water and more water and all is well - thank God.

Point I'm trying to put across - if your taking superfoods and detoxing, give your body a chance to do a good job of it, support that temple, don't pour in toxins as it struggles to clean up and eliminate what's there already. You will find your cravings for these stuff goes if you stay away from them while you detox.

Just sharing, hope I've not offended anyone and if I have, I apologise.

Here's to health!

luckiestdestiny

Hey AJJ, re: allergies/hayfever - if you are not vegan and are not allergic to honey and if you can find it - why not get yourself a jar of local honey and bee pollen? I'm taking pollen in smoothies and local honey too to help prepare for the hayfever season too. And taking the teas too, so hopefully no allergies/hayfever this year!

local honey is totally good. If you were already purchasing nettle, though, it's also good too and also good for asthma (nettle).

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Haha yeah and I love it. I posted about this earlier in the thread. I can actually go without having to use any air freshener and sometimes when I'm alone I go with the door open:blush: because there's no smell flowing into the hall.

On another note, I swore I wouldn't try anything else until I gave my current poo and con a chance but you guys are getting me with this nettle tea and softness. Can you find this brand at Whole Foods and do you guys just brew it and pour it in your hair at the end? No rinsing?

I like to mix my chlorella/spirulina with OJ but I don't like all of the extra sugar from it that I am taking in. I wonder how the nettle tea would taste with chlorella mixed in and a LITTLE sugar...

I got ya about the extra sugar. That's why I just take a little juice and then some water, and then the chlorella so it's almost like flavored water.

However IDK about the nettle w/ chlorella that might just gag me:spinning: Let me know how it goes.

As for the rinse, yup. Pour it in, focus on the roots. I have like a little bottle with a nozzle I bought from sallys, but I originally just poured it on concentrating on the scalp. The rest will get on your hair but just leave it there it makes it super soft as nettle has conditioning agents.

I have never been able to find it at wholefoods or anywhere. Only on line. Let me know if someone does and where. Because I buy the NOW brand, I stuck with it as it does the job. I don't want to try a different kind and mess up my mojo!:grin: Although I'm sure other brands will work and that's just silly I'm not rocking the boat.

Muse

I got ya about the extra sugar. That's why I just take a little juice and then some water, and then the chlorella so it's almost like flavored water.

However IDK about the nettle w/ chlorella that might just gag me:spinning: Let me know how it goes.

As for the rinse, yup. Pour it in, focus on the roots. I have like a little bottle with a nozzle I bought from sallys, but I originally just poured it on concentrating on the scalp. The rest will get on your hair but just leave it there it makes it super soft as nettle has conditioning agents.

I have never been able to find it at wholefoods or anywhere. Only on line. Let me know if someone does and where. Because I buy the NOW brand, I stuck with it as it does the job. I don't want to try a different kind and mess up my mojo!:grin: Although I'm sure other brands will work and that's just silly I'm not rocking the boat.

Thanks LD! I'm going to check Plum Market (another natural grocer-do you have one?) for nettle. I may try that less juice thing because I am drinking a total of 32 oz of OJ a day now and it has 24g of sugar per 8 oz!

Last edited:

Pooks

Been lurking in this thread since it began. May I just say hats off to LuckiestD for posting, and continuing to feed us with more and more info on this! :clap: You are the reason I started drinking nettle tea - why no Fotki LuckiestD?!?!

So, generally I have a pretty good diet - I'm vegetarian, eat lotsa wholegrains, limit dairy, 99% of the time only herbal tea w/o sugar or water, etc. I take a multivitamin, omega supps, and Biotin - but quit the Biotin recently cause I wasn't drinking enough water to keep the breakouts under control - my bad I know.

Well I kinda fell off the wagon with my health consciousness and went back to my one serious vice - :mmmchocolate: and I haven't exercised for the past couple weeks. It's a daily struggle ya'll...:seesaw:

Anyway, after reading most of this thread, I'm totally convinced - I want all the health benefits, extra energy, clearer skin, not to mention the hair growth boost so I ordered my Sun Chlorella this morning, should be here early next week. Can't wait to post results from my journey with chlorella!!!

:bouncegre

Pooks

Speaking of the deodorizer effect...

is anyone else enjoying that?

I mean I woke up all sweaty (I had a mini heater on me and forgot to turn it off, in addition to the regular heater). Well I took a shower but I was suprised because I smelled like well....nothing.

And when I BM now it smells NOTHING like it used to lol! Too much info? Not that I want to smell my BMs but you know how it is in the bathroom. Well after a month of chlorella there's almost no smell.

None of this I'm complaining about,

just wondering if anyone else has noticed.

I seriously can't wait for these results.

AtlantaJJ

Not sure. All the research says drink the tea and nettle rinse. I want that in the purest form possible so I just drink the tea. Let me know how it goes if you try it.
I'm definitely going to do the tea regardless...the jury it out on the capsules, although I am very interested in their help with allergies. I take Allegra daily for allergies and if I can replace them with the Nettle Extract wow, that will be awesome.

Also my official report on the Chlorella, this stuff has kick started my metabolism for sure. I have been stuck for the longest. I have lost 3 lbs over the past two weeks which is amazing because I haven't even been working out!!!! Thank the Stars Above because I have been just stuck at the same weigh for ages, seems as if my metabolism was fighting against me.

I got my morning run in today, I can't wait to see the results I get when I start working out again regularly. When look at myself nude in the mirror, it looks like I have been going to the gym! I haven't hit a lick at a stick in two weeks except for couple of runs!! :superbanana:

luckiestdestiny

Thanks LD! I'm going to check Plum Market (another natural grocer-do you have one?) for nettle. I may try that less juice thing because I am drinking a total of 32 oz of OJ a day now and it has 24g of sugar per 8 oz!

That's definitely a high amount of OJ. I don't know how OJ tastes w/ the chlorella, but I know the naked juice is good. You def should cut down, or water it down one. There are water/ juice spritzers with less sugar: I just prefer to make my own by adding water to juice myself.

luckiestdestiny

Been lurking in this thread since it began. May I just say hats off to LuckiestD for posting, and continuing to feed us with more and more info on this! :clap: You are the reason I started drinking nettle tea - why no Fotki LuckiestD?!?!

So, generally I have a pretty good diet - I'm vegetarian, eat lotsa wholegrains, limit dairy, 99% of the time only herbal tea w/o sugar or water, etc. I take a multivitamin, omega supps, and Biotin - but quit the Biotin recently cause I wasn't drinking enough water to keep the breakouts under control - my bad I know.

Well I kinda fell off the wagon with my health consciousness and went back to my one serious vice - :mmmchocolate: and I haven't exercised for the past couple weeks. It's a daily struggle ya'll...:seesaw:

Anyway, after reading most of this thread, I'm totally convinced - I want all the health benefits, extra energy, clearer skin, not to mention the hair growth boost so I ordered my Sun Chlorella this morning, should be here early next week. Can't wait to post results from my journey with chlorella!!!

:bouncegre

Welcome Pookiwah!:hiya: Thanks for the compliment. IDK why not fotki except laziness:perplexed. I'll get around to it. I think organizing stuff just makes me:spinning:. School stuff is one thing but otherstuff I'm just at a loss all the time. Please post your results glad you joined the party.

AtlantaJJ

I made a drink last night using juice and I was horrified at the amount of sugar I was taking in the evening. I don't mind during the day, but at night is a no no. I might just take tablets at night to get my dose in...I just don't need any extra sugar at my age... I'm trying to loose 10 lbs.

Pooks

Slightly off topic, but I've upped my nettle tea intake in the last 2 days, (2-3 cups a day) and there is a serious tingle party being held on my scalp!

LD, does your nettle tea say how much nettle is in it? I forgot that I have some nettle capsules that I was using over the summer to infuse in oil. They are 435mg each. I was hoping this could hold me over until I can get my nettle tea. Not that I wanna take any more pills!

I emptied two 435mg nettle capsules in hot water as a rinse this morning and it worked pretty well. My scalp tingled as my hair dried, it detangled easily and it feels softer. Thanks LD!

Muse

I made a drink last night using juice and I was horrified at the amount of sugar I was taking in the evening. I don't mind during the day, but at night is a no no. I might just take tablets at night to get my dose in...I just don't need any extra sugar at my age... I'm trying to loose 10 lbs.

Oh boy I KNOW all of this extra sugar intake will definately add pounds here. I have to find an alternative quick! I'm going to the health store today to see what I can find:yep:

Wow, I just had to read like 7 pages since yesterday - this sure is a party!

Guys, I just wondered - chlorella and all the other superfoods we are taking detox our bodies. Just curious why some are still taking colas and such which add even more toxins to the body? Or am I OTT? I mean, the detox symptoms I went through last week were so nasty, I've not eaten or drank anything with ingredients I have any doubt of - I'm scared, lol. Then again, I went full monty on detox and was just on water, teas and freshly extracted fruit and veg juices for 6 days, lol. Intense! Now I'm mostly on smoothies and juices and water, water and more water and all is well - thank God.

Point I'm trying to put across - if your taking superfoods and detoxing, give your body a chance to do a good job of it, support that temple, don't pour in toxins as it struggles to clean up and eliminate what's there already. You will find your cravings for these stuff goes if you stay away from them while you detox.

Just sharing, hope I've not offended anyone and if I have, I apologise.

Here's to health!

My body is craving things I have never had the desire to eat before like Doritos, Taco Bell, Mc Donalds (didn't eat this just craved it - haven't had McDs in 6 years)... junky stuff. Before Chlorella I was whole/non/naked/organic everything and didn't have cravings. I am not sure what it is trying to do, but I have not gained any weight.

luckiestdestiny

My body is craving things I have never had the desire to eat before like Doritos, Taco Bell, Mc Donalds (didn't eat this just craved it - haven't had McDs in 6 years)... junky stuff. Before Chlorella I was whole/non/naked/organic everything and didn't have cravings. I am not sure what it is trying to do, but I have not gained any weight.
Are you sure something else isn't going on...:blush:

I kid.

AtlantaJJ

Slightly off topic, but I've upped my nettle tea intake in the last 2 days, (2-3 cups a day) and there is a serious tingle party being held on my scalp!
Running off to make some nettle tea right now! :cowgirl:

Thanks for the reminder!! :up:

ETA:

I have this brand of tea:

Last edited:

Ladybelle

DAY 1 of chlorella: I went out and bought the chlorella pills last night ( Jarrow formula Yaeyama chlorella) and I took them this morning. I must say, I already see a difference.

1) increased energy
2) decreased craving for junk- I actually craved a salad today (first time in a long time)
3) Increased thirst

I'm excited. I hope it does the same for my hair as it's doing for my body.

Thanks!

Tybi

For the ladies taking Vitamin Shoppe band super Chlorella, here is my letter from the company:

Thank you for contacting The Vitamin Shoppe. In response to your email, our chlorella is a broken cell wall, and it is a sonic wave process so as to preserve the nutrients. Our chlorella is farmed in California. Ingredient request is still pending.
It's always a pleasure to hear from our valued customers. Thank you for your patronage with The Vitamin Shoppe and have a healthy day!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email us at the following address: mailto:[email protected]
Cordially,
Marc Rin
The Vitamin Shoppe
Customer Care Department
2101 91st Street North Bergen N.J 07047

I will post the ingredients as soon as they send them

AtlantaJJ

Man I have to make myself eat lunch...I am so not hungry. I put a big honkin teaspoon of Chlorella in my shake this morning. I should be more precise... I would say it was between 4 - 5 grams. I am wide awake alert today, although I got up at 5:00 am and ran this morning. I am not having an energy slump of any kind at this point :superbanana:

mariofmagdal

:giggle: great minds think alike!

I'm going to have at least two cups of this per day... This tea tastes a lot like I would imagine my front lawn would if I were to brew it up in a tea! :giggle:

My tea has been shipped.

So, does it have a taste not like regular tea? I got the Now Foods Brand from Amazon.com I see that's not the one that you have.