• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

Hello ladies. I just took my first dose of Chlorella tonight. I brought them 2 weeks ago and have been putting it off and doing research on it. I am excited and look forward to sharing the changes and benefits I experience. The brand I am taking is Tung Hai in the pill form. I think I will buy some powder also and see which I like best.

Welcome trey21!

msdevo

Yoy betta get some Naked juice. Since I have been taking that , nothing else seems to taste the same.
I tried a spoonful by taking it to the head and water as a chaser. Still a no go. I will try it in applesause tonight. Wish me luck, I so want to take this because I have read all the benefits.

luckiestdestiny

I tried a spoonful by taking it to the head and water as a chaser. Still a no go. I will try it in applesause tonight. Wish me luck, I so want to take this because I have read all the benefits.
Have you tried naked yet from wholefoods? I think they carry it elsewher too. It tastes sooo good with that combination. Also the applesauce works too.

GeorginaSparks

I went to vitamin shoppe but they didnt have Source naturals so i got the earth rise. I will start with taking 3g(6 tablets a day) then after thats finished, i will order the powder from their website. Can someone remind me again why everyone is taking the nasty powder instead of just doing the pills? :look:

luckiestdestiny

I went to vitamin shoppe but they didnt have Source naturals so i got the earth rise. I will start with taking 3g(6 tablets a day) then after thats finished, i will order the powder from their website. Can someone remind me again why everyone is taking the nasty powder instead of just doing the pills? :look:

powder is cheaper in the long run and more potent (suposedly).

TdotGirl

I voted. I think I have 2 servings left for my bottle then I have to purchase some more. This lasted nearly 4 weeks. I'm still at 6g and will up it once I purchase more.

luckiestdestiny

I voted. I think I have 2 servings left for my bottle then I have to purchase some more. This lasted nearly 4 weeks. I'm still at 6g and will up it once I purchase more.

Really? Are you doing heaping spoon fuls? You may be taking more than 6 g. If you have the source natural powder you should have 151 servings at 3 grams. Or did you have another? I'm at 12 grams, been taking powder for 2 1/2 weeks and still have over half the bottle left (granted I wasn't always at 12 but have been at atleast 6 by time I started the powder).

TdotGirl

Really? Are you doing heaping spoon fuls? You may be taking more than 6 g. If you have the source natural powder you should have 151 servings at 3 grams. Or did you have another? I'm at 12 grams, been taking powder for 2 1/2 weeks and still have over half the bottle left (granted I wasn't always at 12 but have been at atleast 6 by time I started the powder).

I have the now brand. They say on the bottle that 1 heaping teaspoon is 3g per serving. When I bought the bottle, it looked like it wouldn't last for more than a month. I'm going to buy this brand once more and switch to another once I'm done or find where they sell the bigger bottle of the now brand.

luckiestdestiny

Ok I get it. You have a different brand that's in a smaller bottle w/ different directions. No problem. I was worried you were taking like 18 grams a day.

luckiestdestiny

My head is itching. Hope that's a good thing. I just washed it a couple days ago so it's not time, and my head doesn't have a reason to itch. Could that be even more growth (gasp! Laugh!)

luckiestdestiny

LuckyD when did you post pics? I must have missed that post

Just don't laugh at my frizzy cornrow braids. You can click the pic to see in more detail. That was the second week. I did have some growth from the nettle tea prior, but the chlorella did bump it up. Every week I had a growth spurt. You can read the whole explanation and see my horribly frizzy cornrows that were ready to be redone! I was lazy. I'd just gotten off of Christmas break and school didn't start until the week of the 21st. Lazy me. I really had to take them apart carefully with lots of conditioner. Ha! Both pics I tried to pull up my braids all the way to see the new growth. I got a better grip on the second one, but I still didn't have it pulled all the way. It's hard to take pics w/ a camera phone.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287&page=100

Just scroll down the page to see. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

Muse

Woo wee!! :wow: powdered spirulina smells so fishy!! How are we supposed to store spirulina? I always want to put everything in the fridge but I understand that's a :nono: for Chlorella.

Yeah Spirulina is stronger than chlorella in taste and smell. Smells and taste a bit like pond scum to me but still tolerable (I guess). I was so glad to find that my powdered chlorella was a LOT milder in comparison.

I store my spirulina like my chlorella, in a cool dry place, out of the sun. I just keep it in one of the cabinets in the kitchen.

Muse

I am going regularly everyday with no problems. I'm taking 9g SN powder chlorella and 9g powder Earthrise spirulina. I will stay at this for a while. While I have not lost my appetite I have noticed a decrease in wanting to snack especially on really sweet things. I've noticed that sweet things I use to love just taste disgustingly sweeter now. Fruits on the other hand:lick:!

No increase in nail growth yet, normal rate and I haven't straightened my natural hair in months so I don't know about the hair growth. I will definately give the hair thing at least four months before I attempt to straighten and see results.

I just did a blood test this morning to check my vit D, iron, and magnesium levels. I have not taken supplements for any of these things for months even though I am deficient ( I just got really frustrated and tired of popping pills). It will be interesting to see if the chlorella/spirulina has had any effect on these levels because I'm pretty sure that's where it's all going right now instead of hair and nails.

Kimbosheart

Just don't laugh at my frizzy cornrow braids. You can click the pic to see in more detail. That was the second week. I did have some growth from the nettle tea prior, but the chlorella did bump it up. Every week I had a growth spurt. You can read the whole explanation and see my horribly frizzy cornrows that were ready to be redone! I was lazy. I'd just gotten off of Christmas break and school didn't start until the week of the 21st. Lazy me. I really had to take them apart carefully with lots of conditioner. Ha! Both pics I tried to pull up my braids all the way to see the new growth. I got a better grip on the second one, but I still didn't have it pulled all the way. It's hard to take pics w/ a camera phone.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287&page=100

Just scroll down the page to see. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Ah!! now i remember. Its all this studying. my brain is fried. i hope to post impressive pics at the end of next month.

luckiestdestiny

Ah!! now i remember. Its all this studying. my brain is fried. i hope to post impressive pics at the end of next month.

I hope to post decent growth too, but it won't be in a month. I don't like to look too closely at my hair or I just go mad. I just wash dc (nettle rinse) and rebraid lately. I'll just post before and afters sometime when I do my next length check. I only did one early because I just thought the ladies might be interested in seeing how loose my braids got with nettle and my chlorella in 6 weeks (2 wks of chlorella, 6 weeks of nettle). I should've had about 1 1/8 to 1 and 1/4 inch with the nettle (as I run between 3/4 to a little over an inch a month normally), and I was inching in at almost 2 there (less than 2 and more than 1 3/4 by my ruler). That was without it being stretched out all the way. So I was pretty excited if I must say so myself.

We'll see what the future holds. I still will drink my nettle tea, do nettle rinses, eat right, and take my chlorella.

luckiestdestiny

I am going regularly everyday with no problems. I'm taking 9g SN powder chlorella and 9g powder Earthrise spirulina. I will stay at this for a while. While I have not lost my appetite I have noticed a decrease in wanting to snack especially on really sweet things. I've noticed that sweet things I use to love just taste disgustingly sweeter now. Fruits on the other hand:lick:!

No increase in nail growth yet, normal rate and I haven't straightened my natural hair in months so I don't know about the hair growth. I will definately give the hair thing at least four months before I attempt to straighten and see results.

I just did a blood test this morning to check my vit D, iron, and magnesium levels. I have not taken supplements for any of these things for months even though I am deficient ( I just got really frustrated and tired of popping pills). It will be interesting to see if the chlorella/spirulina has had any effect on these levels because I'm pretty sure that's where it's all going right now instead of hair and nails.

Great. It would usually take up to 4 months to see strong changes (blood work) from what I've read but I'm curious to see what happens now. Please keep us posted!

Essensual

I read about this on an alternative med site for the treatment of boils and it works! I only take Tumeric when I feel one forming and it clears right up.

I'd never heard of Tumeric for boils. I'll need to look into that. I find that taking L-Lysine daily has helped me with that particular issue. Thanks for the info.

How exactly do you take the Tumeric. PM is fine so as not to hijack the thread...:rolleyes:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
Ok I give up on the powder. I just ordered the source naturals pills and I should have them by next week. Vitacoast is so fast. I will start taking them officially on March 1 that way I can clearly document the growth.

For anyone that wants my powder I am selling both containers for 15.oo which will include shipping. pm me

mariofmagdal

Ok I give up on the powder. I just ordered the source naturals pills and I should have them by next week. Vitacoast is so fast. I will start taking them officially on March 1 that way I can clearly document the growth.

For anyone that wants my powder I am selling both containers for 15.oo which will include shipping. pm me

Pm'd you I would love to share with my family.

Ladybelle

:cowgirl: Okay, I'm jumping on the chlorella bandwagon. I'm going to go to the health food store today and get a couple of other things anyway, so why not get some Chlorella?

I'll come back and post my results as soon as I have some.

Can anyone tell me which type of Naked Juice you use to mix it with? THANKS!

Last edited:

kitamay

Checking in: No BM yesterday. I am hoping it is because I didn't get a chance to eat dinner on time due to Parent/Teacher conferences last night. I didn't get home till 7:30 :-(

belle_reveuse28

I hope to post decent growth too, but it won't be in a month. I don't like to look too closely at my hair or I just go mad. I just wash dc (nettle rinse) and rebraid lately. I'll just post before and afters sometime when I do my next length check. I only did one early because I just thought the ladies might be interested in seeing how loose my braids got with nettle and my chlorella in 6 weeks (2 wks of chlorella, 6 weeks of nettle). I should've had about 1 1/8 to 1 and 1/4 inch with the nettle (as I run between 3/4 to a little over an inch a month normally), and I was inching in at almost 2 there (less than 2 and more than 1 3/4 by my ruler). That was without it being stretched out all the way. So I was pretty excited if I must say so myself.

We'll see what the future holds. I still will drink my nettle tea, do nettle rinses, eat right, and take my chlorella.

LD, maybe you've already been asked this, but how much was your hair growing before you started using the nettle? And how often do you do the rinse with it now? I plan on drinking it everyday as you have suggested, but I dont think I caught how often you do a rinse with it. Thanks!

Pooks

You wouldn't believe it!

I was in town running some errands yesterday and well, as usual, when I'm in town and not working, I go into this organic store, Planet Organic for a treat. Was actually looking for a hair conditioner as I can't find AO anywhere - even online, sigh. Anyway, they had chlorella tabs reduced and shine a light, my impulsiveness got the better of me - I bought a jar! I'm juice and water fasting at the moment, so I treated myself to a shot of wheatgrass too - soooo good! And these chlorella tabs - I love them! I had 2 tabs - eating them like sweets, thanks to fellow fasters - what a treat, lol. I bought the Life Stream brand.

quote]

@ JAXHAIR:

I used to work near Planet Organic in W2, they used to have some really gorgeous hot food! Anyway, I get my Aubrey Organics here http://www.aubreyorganicsuk.co.uk/

HTH!

yodie

Anyone noticing less gray hairs?

Mega Tek gave me alot more gray hairs around my temple areas. I don't have as many as I used to have before.

mariofmagdal

Anyone noticing less gray hairs?

Mega Tek gave me alot more gray hairs around my temple areas. I don't have as many as I used to have before.

Actually, I noticed a few more in those exact areas, I do not use megatek or anything like that. For me this comes along with my added lifes stresses, they fall out when I am done stressin! I am not totally stressed out here, just some extra things on my plate, this too shall pass!

yodie

Actually, I noticed a few more in those exact areas, I do not use megatek or anything like that. For me this comes along with my added lifes stresses, they fall out when I am done stressin! I am not totally stressed out here, just some extra things on my plate, this too shall pass!

I'm in agreement with you that your issues of stress pass!