• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

luckiestdestiny

I just bought some this weekend. The guy from the health food store recommended this as a great way to regenerate cells and prevent diseases. Don't remember the brand but the sun chlorealla was 50$ for 300 tablets...I think I'll get that next time..this vitamin is not cheap
Source naturals has the powder for about $28 bucks and it lasts about five and a half months at 3 grams, 6 would last 2 and change, but that's really a steal for the price (of course 12 gms would put you at just over a month but it's only $28 for all the vitamins your body needs).

yodie

That's great. Congrats on your weight loss.
I can attest that this stuff is great for shedding a few unwanted pounds.

I am down 10lbs altogether and I do not know where it all went. I guess overall it was water retention. Because a sista still has a bit of junk in her trunk, lol

I missed my daily dose today but I will be back on track tomorrow.

Muse

why is sprulina good?

Instead of being a green algae like chlorella it is a blue-green algae. It's packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals like chlorella but has more protein than chlorella. People like to take it with chlorella because it has some things in it that chlorella doesn't and vice versa. I take both for that reason also I am iron deficient so I can get more iron if I take both. It's not necessary to take spirulina and many sites that I have read say that if you are going to choose one go with chlorella.

http://www.chlorellafactor.com/chlorella-spirulina-11.html

Last edited:

yodie

If you aren't liking the taste of chicken now, are you craving fish? I was fish! :lick: But my cravings are low.

I love fish and plan to use more fish with my meals. I don't eat pork or beef and only limited amounts of chicken. However, there are times when my blood is so low that my arms start going numb, I'm so weak, etc., that I have to eat a small piece of red meat. Dr has said in the past that my blood wasn't getting where it needed. I'm slightly anemic and haven't eaten red meat in 15 yrs. This is why I'm wondering if CHL will ever make up for my red meat deficiency.

luckiestdestiny

I love fish and plan to use more fish with my meals. I don't eat pork or beef and only limited amounts of chicken. However, there are times when my blood is so low that my arms start going numb, I'm so weak, etc., that I have to eat a small piece of red meat. Dr has said in the past that my blood wasn't getting where it needed. I'm slightly anemic and haven't eaten red meat in 15 yrs. This is why I'm wondering if CHL will ever make up for my red meat deficiency.

You're in luck. They did a study on 30 high school girls with anemia and http://books.google.com/books?id=kI...a24Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result

their anemia after four months their blood levels returned to near normal.
They were on 10 gms btw.

On another note, it seems that my research has found that four is the magic number. Four months for weight loss, four months for anemia, etc. It seems that the whole body changes from using Chlorella in this time frame. Of course those w/ illnesses may have to take it longer but it's good to know that some type of relief shows up in that time frame.

I will never stop taking it because of all the benefits.

LaidBak

Just checking in...Still taking 3-4g of Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella every day. My nails have benefitted. I think in my last post I said my face had cleared up but I got another pimple after that. Still haven't 'gone green'; don't suppose I ever will at this point. I am sticking with this for the rest of the year and keeping a close eye on my hair and health.

yodie

Thanks LDestiny. I'll check this out.

10g's it is for 4 months! My iron pills are going away for now.

What u said about CHL working on your most deficient areas first is true. I'm not nearly as cold as I usually am. I can even feel my body warming up at night (not sure why I experience this at night) to where I throw the covers off.

4 months.... Here I come!

AtlantaJJ

Woo wee!! :wow: powdered spirulina smells so fishy!! How are we supposed to store spirulina? I always want to put everything in the fridge but I understand that's a :nono: for Chlorella.

AtlantaJJ

Okay I had a weird thing today... I have lost a little weight, without working out and I look toned like I've been to the gym and hit the weights for week when the only thing I did was run 4 miles on Sunday. I was looking cut and the scale went down at a time it would normally go up because I haven't been working out every day. I feel toned... I also had the best :grunt: this morning :giggle:

I did a big heaping teaspoon last night before bed and MAN I felt GREAT this morning when I woke up. I've been hot at night as well...

ETA: I think my metabolism is speeding up! :wow:

yodie

Wow!! So that's what that warm feeling is? My metabolism is speeding up? Thank God.

I noticed that I was losing weight before my mom came. Hopefully I'll start seeing those results soon.

I'm taking CHL for life!
Finished my ALA supplements and my liquid vitamins. Few more supps to go. Don't wanna waste.

I'm gonna try CHL in chocolate pudding. I prefer that over apple sauce.
Okay I had a weird thing today... I have lost a little weight, without working out and I look toned like I've been to the gym and hit the weights for week when the only thing I did was run 4 miles on Sunday. I was looking cut and the scale went down at a time it would normally go up because I haven't been working out every day. I feel toned... I also had the best :grunt: this morning :giggle:

I did a big heaping teaspoon last night before bed and MAN I felt GREAT this morning when I woke up. I've been hot at night as well...

kandake

I fell off y'all.

I haven't had any chlorella since... lets see... I think it may have been last Wednesday. Everyday I tell myself "don't forget to take the chlorella" but then I don't take it. Hopefully, I'll be a good girl today.

gn1g

I fell off y'all.

I haven't had any chlorella since... lets see... I think it may have been last Wednesday. Everyday I tell myself "don't forget to take the chlorella" but then I don't take it. Hopefully, I'll be a good girl today.

sometimes I get tired of poppin pills.:ohwell:

belle_reveuse28

Check in time!

Hey ladies, so I like to check in at least once a week and let yall know what's going on.

What I've been doing:

So l had to go home for a funeral last week and I took my Chlorella with me. One thing I've done, like LD, is take my tablets with me when my powder isn't convenient that way, I can be sure to get my dosage. So I second that motion. It really does work.

Hair: I dont know how my hair is doing because it's not straightened or relaxed, but my roots are a forest. I am hoping to really crack down and learn how to retain my length. My hair grows fast naturally, or rather .5 inches a month usually. I am hoping to get no less than an inch with this stuff, but it doesn't matter when I keep getting split ends. Trying to learn how to baby them and be successfull at it.

Dosage: My dosage is 6 grams of Source Naturals powdered Chlorella... For $28 from Amazon.com you get 151/ 3g servings, or 75/ 6 g servings. Not too shabby... I usually take mine in the morning right when I get up. I take it with this punch I bought called Tampico. It's cheap, about $2, and I got the citrus kind because it was thick like Sunny D or OJ, and I knew that would take care of masking the taste and texture. I have no problems getting it down as the fruit drink overpowers the CHL. With the appettite curbing effects, I think it's good to have this first thing in order to control my appetite for the rest of the day. This stuff lasts until I go to bed, which is quite amazing. So far I've lost 10 lbs since January 10, but I started taking this January 22, maybe? I attribute my last 6 lbs to Chlorella because it has not only sped up my metabolism, which is why like many of you, i'm feeling hot all the time. But I have no appetite. So portion control is not really a battle right now and I love that. I can really plan my meals well, and I dont crave sweets and junk food. Also, my body is rejecting a lot of foods that I could normally eat, and even upon smelling them or trying to eat them, I cannot.

All last week since I was not at home, I ate out when I was with my parents and friends, most of the time I had to force feed myself because my mind and appetitie was not feeling what I was trying to eat. Very weird.

Weight loss: For those looking to loose weight, this has been my best weight loss tool ever! I am working out, eating right and other pointers I use are eating on dessert plates rather than full size dinner plates, eating a filling breakfast, usually oatmeal because it has lots of fiber and fiber keeps you feeling full longer, and I drink appetite curbing tea by Yogi tea, as well to keep down the hunger signals. I also carry emergency food with me, i.e. apple, banana, granola, almonds. All of these foods I keep in my purse daily because if I am out and want to splurge on something unhealthy, I reach in and consume one of these items of choice and it turns off my hunger signal (which is said to take 15 minutes, I think --see "You On A Diet" by Drs. Rozen and Oz--an amazing book!) and I am able to wait until I can make a better and healtheir food choice.

On average, I'm losing 2 lbs per week, which is the recommended loss for a healthy person, so I hope to do more than that, but I'm glad to have that. Apparently, 3500 calories = 1 lb. So if you consume 7000 less calories per week, that's your 2 lbs right there. I am staying under 1680 calories per day, which is my recommended intake for weight loss, whereas before, I was consuming at least 3000 calories or more daily when I should really have no more than 2000... That's at least 2 lbs a week weight gain eating over like that. I looked at a recommendation online and it said for extreme weight loss a person my height and size should consume 1680 for extreme weight loss. Chlorella is helping me stay way under 1680, and I actually have to force myself to eat more to at least have a healthy caloric intake. I can easily eat 1000 calories a day and not even realize it, which isn't healthy. You dont want to loose weight by starvation because you easily gain it all back, which is why I have incorporated exercise, and being sure to eat the recommended amount. Before this was a concerted effort, but now, it's rather quite easy. I am astounded!

I am trying to loose 30 lbs, so I believe before teh summer is in, I will meet my goal. I went from a tight size 14 (was really a 16, but REFUSED to buy 16s), now to a 12 that gives some in the waist and is fitting more comfortably. My goal size is an 8-10. I'm 5'8", so that makes me look incredibly trim. Also, my starting weight three weeks ago when I first began taking Chlorella was 206, I am now 198.5 or a little less. I am exercising 5 days a week as well to help tone and keep things moving well, and to speed up my weight loss.

LD was right, it does create the proper environment for weight loss. I also just did an adrenal and colon cleanse to be sure there weren't toxins clogging my intestines that would not allow me to receive nutrients from the food I ate. If you're always hungry, you may consider doing a cleanse. Your body is probably recycling waste and not receiving nutrients from your food. ONce I did the cleanse and detox, I was able to be full a lot faster. Taking the Chlorella makes me seriously full to the point food seems disgusting soemtimes.

Well, this is all an amazing combination and I have to force myself to eat.

Nails and skin:

My nails are still growing like crazy. I broke one the other day and because the nail was so thick adn strong, I broke in the nail bed and that hurt like hell.

My skin is looking amazing. I have eczema but you can't tell other than for scarring which is looking better. I get compliments on my skin all the time, which is huge for me because I was always so self conscious about it and ashamed.

Detox: I have minor detox issues, but am going to the bathroom regularly adn feel good knowing the junk is leaving my body. I do get little breakouts here and there, and that sucks. Like many, I need to drink a lot more water... So I need some encouragement in that area.

Overall: I'm thankful for LD for posting this thread. I've been on it since page 2, and to see it grow to 130 some pages is amazing! As long as this stuff cointues to work, I will be on it for life... To me, there are no alternatives or wagons better than this. Matter of fact, this isn't a wagon, it's a lifestyle and I'm blessed to have found something that works for me in more ways than one. I'm finishing up lots of supplements I bought in order to be responsible financially, but once I'm done, I'm done. This is much better nad certainly more affordable.

Now on to convincing mom, auntie, best friends and cousins to come along for this neverending ride. This is certainly one boat you dont want to depart.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

This stuff cuts body fat! Told ya. Yay!

mariofmagdal

Hi Ladies,

This morning, I had a patient stay over very late, not good. I drank a bolthouse farms greens drink in order to drive home. Yes, that warm feeling is the metabolism kicking in gear! I am awake right now, and filled with energy. I am usually not awake until much later, I am a day sleeper, especially after not getting down until after 11:00am.

I love the energy from this stuff!

I also broke a nail this morning in the car, and for the first time it broke but not off, it was so hard, I had to wait until I got home and cut it down with a nail clipper. I am really happy about that, in times past, more than once, I have had to pay surgical fees to have nails cut at the hospital because of breaks! Maybe I will allow my nails to retain some length. The main reason I stopped was due to breakage and them being so soft. I am not having that problem anymore.

luckiestdestiny

I fell off y'all.

:spank::whip:
Be a good girl so you can get some good results please!

Whimsy

Glad to read all the positive results.
I was worried at first about the weight loss thing because I'm a small girl, and my appetite went away.
HOWEVER, it seems only my stomache is getting smaller which is great. And everything else is staying the same. I usually exercise regularly, but the past 2 weeks (my chlorella weeks) i've not done as much due to scheduling issues, and still my tummy bulge has decreased.

I only hate how gassy this makes me. I haven't farted so much in my entire life! I'm going to try taking 1g pill in the a.m. only, and then 3g pills in the evening. I'll see how this works out for me.

IndianAngel22

I'm sorry but I don't want to vote on the poll until it's fixed and changed to powder. Tablets and pills can still be confusing for those who are coming and we're gonna get results that aren't true to form. Trying emailing the moderator person and have her fix it. Then I will vote

truequeen06

I haven't updated my progress for a while, but my nails are growing like crazy and I have achieved green poo! lol I'm at 3g right now. I think I'll up it to 4g tomorrow.

CurlyMoo

Ok yall. I tried this with pudding last night and I almost lost it:nono:.
In the mornings I make a protein shake and in it has:
1 cup stawberries
1 scoop protein (whey) powder
1/2 cup plain fat free yougrt
1 teaspoon flaxseed oil

do you think I can mix this to mask the taste?
I also bought some grape juice case I read in another thread someone used that to mask the taste.

Please help with any other ideas cause I really wanna use it.

I always mix my CHL with 100% juices like apple (unfiltered apple juice has a stronger flavor), white grape, pineapple, cranberry and pomergranate. I mix and match 2-3 with CHL. The color never changes it just goes from dark green to darker green. It also tastes delicious. :lick: I just bought some Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness and Blue Goodness smoothy and I am really enjoying that.:lick: The 100% juices seem to taste better but the smoothy does a better job at mixing the CHL with less of a grainy texture.

mariofmagdal

I always mix my CHL with 100% juices like apple (unfiltered apple juice has a stronger flavor), white grape, pineapple, cranberry and pomergranate. I mix and match 2-3 with CHL. The color never changes it just goes from dark green to darker green. It also tastes delicious. :lick: I just bought some Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness and Blue Goodness smoothy and I am really enjoying that.:lick: The 100% juices seem to taste better but the smoothy does a better job at mixing the CHL with less of a grainy texture.

I love the Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness!

CurlyMoo

Moms is off!! Love my mom, but all the cooking and eating is brutal!
Ended the night with 9 g's. Tried the apple sauce method again tonight. Not too bad.
Hopefully I'll go green again tomorrow.

Question for the ladies deficient in iron. Has chlorella replaced your iron supplements? Do you think this will ever replace your iron supplements? Event the tiniest mg of iron constipates me and I already have that problem. I haven't been on CHL long enough to tell.

I missed chatting with you ladies and keeping up on everyone's progress.

I hope CHL will replace my iron tablets, that's why I increased the dosage because I could feel my joints getting weak and sore from not taking my tablets. I think it will take possibly a month to tell if I will need to take iron tablets in addition to CHL.

CurlyMoo

I messed up on the poll. I meant to put source natural powder and tablets. So know that when you hit pills under source naturals, you are voting for powder. Sorry about that. If anyone knows how to edit it let me know.

Ask one of the moderators to change it for you. :yep:

yodie

I hope CHL will replace my iron tablets, that's why I increased the dosage because I could feel my joints getting weak and sore from not taking my tablets. I think it will take possibly a month to tell if I will need to take iron tablets in addition to CHL.

Please keep me posted after you've monitored CHL without iron pills. I'm going to monitor as well.

Another detox symptom - nausea. I experience nausea off and on. Back to breaking out on my face and neck area.

I'm green again and up to four bm's today. :yep: That's historical for me!

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

Please keep me posted after you've monitored CHL without iron pills. I'm going to monitor as well.

Another detox symptom - nausea. I experience nausea off and on. Back to breaking out on my face and neck area.

I'm green again and up to four bm's today. :yep: That's historical for me!

I will keep you posted. I also experience some slight dizziness when I place my glasses for the first time each morning. It's like I am adjusting to my perscription again. No BM yesterday or today. Just a lot of urination and it's a light greenish/yellowish color. :perplexed

yodie

I will keep you posted. I also experience some slight dizziness when I place my glasses for the first time each morning. It's like I am adjusting to my perscription again. No BM yesterday or today. Just a lot of urination and it's a light greenish/yellowish color. :perplexed

I know you already know, but please take something to get the toxins out. I'm still taking my aloe, which is probably why I've gone four times today.

No poo is no good! (smile)