Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

BostonMaria

^^^ Hey, post a pic if you rollerset. Oh, and how does dusting work out for you?

Sure! I'll do it before my hair puffs up in this heat.
What I usually do is after I take off each roller I cut the ends. Its literally a dusting, not even anywhere close to being 1/2 inch.

NikkiGirl

Hmm, that is interesting Maria. I need to find a medium between not trimming and still having ends that aren't tore up. How often do you dust?

Lucia

I really need to learn how to do the @ thing. Lucia, I LTG is HL. I don't want to go past that. I have been transitioning and my hair is driving me nuts to be honest. So I really don't think I can deal with more than that and living in Texas, it is always hot, so I don't get to wear it down that much. 2-3 from grazing HL, I actually get my growth spurt from about August to December so I hope I make it, but I am thinking of getting to HL and then continuing to do a blunt cut until I have the ends I want!

Sounds like a good plan. I plan to grow a little bit passed TL then blunt the hemline and maintain the mane. I'm praying for major growth spurts this summer and fall my growth and retention are ok it's my chronic hair anorexia that messes me up I just don't see whT everyone else sees.
To do the @ thing don't leave any spaces between the symbol and the name and spell itright or you tag a diff person.
NikkiGirl <---- like that Hth :lol:

Last edited:

NikkiGirl

Lucia, a blunt cut past TL will be beautiful. Especially since your hair is so thick and pretty. I love a blunt cut on very long hair. I may do some layers around the face, but nothing too short. I basically want to do the same. I want a healthy, swinging, blunt cut at HL. HHG.

Lucia

I massage my scalp with sulfur/oil mix and moisturize and seal my hair as normal. Add plastic cap (not shower cap tho) and a scarf ontop to keep down the rattling noise.

I really whole head baggy to protect my pillows but, it does moisturize my hair. :look:

NJoy
You might as well post your regimen I can't find it anywhere. :)
TIA

wyldcurlz

WHY do i keep getting split ends & SSKs?!?!?! What am I doing wrong???

My hair was just cut 4 weeks ago (disastrously by a SHS) I've used a flat iron and curling iron ONCE in that time frame...I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I'm hoping one of you can help - give me some ideas, tell me how you are keeping your hair from splitting. I'm desperate for an answer to this problem!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy
You might as well post your regimen I can't find it anywhere. :)
TIA

I cowash every 2-3 days. I DC about once a week (protein and moisture). I still whole hair baggy at night and continue to use the sulfur oil on my scalp at night. Although, I haven't always been consistent. I usually hold off on the oil when it gets hot and it's been pretty hot here in atlanta. And oil and a plastic cap just doesn't work for me sometimes. lol.

Vites taken now are: Multivitamin, Omega 3, 6, 9 (Fish, Flaxseed, Borage Oil), garlic, MSM, Super B-Complex, NAC and I started back with HSN-W over the past month. I stopped taking biotin because, even with drinking extra water, I was still having breakouts. Tired of having to clear my face of scars.

I use the Split Ender to keep my ends in check and haven't had a real trim since the beginning of my journey 1/2010. I've used the Split Ender about 4 or 5 times since getting it last year and I really like it.

NikkiGirl

I found out why my hair was looking so thin when I took my last pics....I used too much oil when I straightened. I noticed last time I straightened that my hair didn't revert as much when I used oil, so I did that again and I guess I used too much. I slept on my hair last night, bad I know, and now it looks normal, just like it should! Yay!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I found out why my hair was looking so thin when I took my last pics....I used too much oil when I straightened. I noticed last time I straightened that my hair didn't revert as much when I used oil, so I did that again and I guess I used too much. I slept on my hair last night, bad I know, and now it looks normal, just like it should! Yay!

Girl, yes. I use too much oil when straightening too. It's the heat protectant for me. I just have no flat ironing skills.

wyldcurlz

Hey ladies, I haven't been on here in a while, but I decided to straighten my hair. I haven't done it since march, I think. So anyway, her is a pic...alas! I am still very far from HL. Oh well. And my relaxed hair seems to be a lot thinner than usual. Is this from bunning all the time?

I haven't really been taking good care of my hair! I just got really tired of always having to do something to it! I guess I really need to get back into things!

NikkiGirl your hair looks gorgeous!!!! what is your normal regimen? i agree with what Candy said, as soon as you start back up with it, it'll feel great.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Your hair is very pretty! For some reason some pictures come up making the hair look thinner than it really is or the hair looks like a section is straight missing!

Sent from my Zio

mEmYSELFaNDj

Hey ladies, I haven't updated in here in like forever but here's a lil update pic I took today. My hair is thickening up at WL yaay! Im happy about that but all of my natural layers have not caught up yet. Hopefully by Dec my crown area will be at WL and my nape layers will be at HL. At that time I will be doing a blunt cut at WL and growing it all out to HL in 2012. But anyways here are the pics. :) Oh and I dyed my hair jet black. I really like it.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hey ladies, I haven't updated in here in like forever but here's a lil update pic I took today. My hair is thickening up at WL yaay! Im happy about that but all of my natural layers have not caught up yet. Hopefully by Dec my crown area will be at WL and my nape layers will be at HL. At that time I will be doing a blunt cut at WL and growing it all out to HL in 2012. But anyways here are the pics. :) Oh and I dyed my hair jet black. I really like it.

Love it! And jet black has a way really accentuating the health of your hair. Great progress and thanks for posting a pic!

MariposaSexyGirl

Beautiful!! I love it.

NikkiGirl

Your hair looks great! :grin:

NikkiGirl

NikkiGirl your hair looks gorgeous!!!! what is your normal regimen? i agree with what Candy said, as soon as you start back up with it, it'll feel great.

To be honest, in the last few months, I don't even think I have a regimen. I used to co-wash every few days, which was mostly tied to my workouts! But to be honest, I usually only wash once a week now. I guess I was all, oh I can do the natural thing, but my natural hair is kicking my butt! :perplexed So I have really just been trying to stay positive! :yep: But I plan on getting back into things and deep conditioning every week to two weeks, washing every week and moisturizing my ends like I should. I am a little obsessed with nice ends, but no more trimming or cutting for now!

wyldcurlz

your hair looks beautiful!!!!

keepithealthy

I love stalking this thread! Dreaming of the day when I can join. All of you ladies have such beautiful hair. Ok I will go back to lurker mode now. :)

Traycee

You and your hair is just beautiful :yep:

Mz.MoMo5235

sorry i've been mia guys... just nothing really to report plus the internet here is retarded slow.

i've been in india for almost 3wks now and i'm feeling some kind of way about hair lmao.

on one hand i'm having some serious hair anorexia going because my hair may be long in the states, but here i might as well be chin length lol

but on the other hand... i've seen some ratty a$$ ends!!!! OMG!!!! its crazy because a lot of these girls seriously need about a good foot of hair just chopped off!

but when you see the super long healthy length haired girls... your mouth just drops lol

i'd post pix but the internet just is not cooperating with me right now :( but soon :)

MariposaSexyGirl

sorry i've been mia guys... just nothing really to report plus the internet here is retarded slow.

i've been in india for almost 3wks now and i'm feeling some kind of way about hair lmao.

on one hand i'm having some serious hair anorexia going because my hair may be long in the states, but here i might as well be chin length lol

but on the other hand... i've seen some ratty a$$ ends!!!! OMG!!!! its crazy because a lot of these girls seriously need about a good foot of hair just chopped off!

but when you see the super long healthy length haired girls... your mouth just drops lol

i'd post pix but the internet just is not cooperating with me right now :( but soon :)

It's good to hear from you Mo!

and I'm dead at you talking about the girls with ratty ends :lachen:

Have found any good hair conditioners or tonics there yet?