Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Girls, I am so ready to get rid of these greys...I have an appointment with dontspeakdefeat in July, so I have a few months to go...they are really beginning to annoy me.

Girl, don't even get me cryin. My hairline is calling me all kind of names. I'm planning to henna and indigo today or tomorrow...hopefully. my schedule this week looks hectic. But I will make time. Gotta.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, so CelinaStarr's update has made me totally change my hair goal. I want to grow to TBL with a V hemline. I never would have thunk it. But now, I have to have it. Now to plan out tbl. :woohoo:

Vintagecoilylocks

Ok, so CelinaStarr's update has made me totally change my hair goal. I want to grow to TBL with a V hemline. I never would have thunk it. But now, I have to have it. Now to plan out tbl. :woohoo:

Plan quickly because with your rate of growth it will be here soon. Your hair is looking good.:spinning:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Cowashed this morning with Herbal Essence LTR added my leave ins and made a low ponytail to airdry. I'm gonna do a 1/8 -1/4 " trim when I get home.

I'm gonna start doing Henna Gloss treatments again and cutting 1 1/2" with every relaxer to maintain HL
Sent from my Zio

Vintagecoilylocks

To Shopaholic,

Great job lady you are at hip length. Now you can start puting one foot over into TL Challenge.

Yes I know you want a trim and you want full Hip but TL is the next move RIGHT!

Dee Raven

Ya ~*~ShopAholic~*~ you made it. Your plan is what I want to do as well. I need to give my hair a chance to just be for a moment. How often do you do the henna glosses without having your hair get out of balance?

MariposaSexyGirl

I was thinking the same thing! I think I could reach TBL this year. I don't know if I want to have a hemline that is straight across either. I think I will stop at TBL now:yep:. Although I said that about WL and HL :look: :lol:.

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I was doing them like every 2 months before but I think I'll alternate with Aphoghee 2step and do a Henna Gloss once a month and Aphoghee every 8wks. I DC alot so the protein does'nt bother my hair it actually loves it.
Ya ~*~ShopAholic~*~ you made it. Your plan is what I want to do as well. I need to give my hair a chance to just be for a moment. How often do you do the henna glosses without having your hair get out of balance?

Sent from my Zio

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thanks! I'm only trimming a little today, but I am gonna cut 1-1/2" off with my next two, relaxers this yr. That way I can get rid of these slight layers/V, and my ends will look a little fuller, and nicer. But my new goal is TL and Then I will probably put the V back, I love the V look! Or maybe a U shape.
To Shopaholic,

Great job lady you are at hip length. Now you can start puting one foot over into TL Challenge.

Yes I know you want a trim and you want full Hip but TL is the next move RIGHT!

Sent from my Zio

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thanks! I'm only trimming a little today, but I am gonna cut 1-1/2" off with my next two, relaxers this yr. That way I can get rid of these slight layers/V, and my ends will look a little fuller, and nicer. But my new goal is TL and Then I will probably put the V back, I love the V look! Or maybe a U shape.

Sent from my Zio

1.5" over the next 2 relaxers to thicken the hemline sounds like a good plan. Do you have any pics with your hair out?

JJamiah

shopaholic, Congrats on reaching HL :) :clap:

Awesome, Trimming back is definitely awesome for getting rid of the layers, I did that too, and I am in love with the way my hair looks (FINALLY)

JJamiah

NJoy you grow girl.

I am not going beyond HL, if that. I think the cut back gave me some ease, or was it my texlax. LOL Dunno.

I can't wait until December, I have one more trim due this year, not as severe. Just a few inches, to get rid of some ends. YEETTTTT, I am going to be doing more Rollersets so I hope this makes makes for cleaner, better and healthy ends. :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy you grow girl.

I am not going beyond HL, if that. I think the cut back gave me some ease, or was it my texlax. LOL Dunno.

I can't wait until December, I have one more trim due this year, not as severe. Just a few inches, to get rid of some ends. YEETTTTT, I am going to be doing more Rollersets so I hope this makes makes for cleaner, better and healthy ends. :)

JJamiah
Ooo, I hear you on those yummy ends and a beautiful hemline. :lick:

I definitely think the texlax gave me some ease -- although, I only lightly texlaxed the back. I still have a ton of texture in my hair. I always feel underprocessed when I texlax, then I remember that was the point. :look:

I couldn't handle being natural or trying to transition at WL or longer. Shoooot. A 38 week stretch was already greatly outside of my skillset. :blush: But texlaxed, I think I can work with it.

No way was I considering going beyond hip but, CelinaStarr had my nose wide open, Boo. Maybe not quite that long but, I'll try TBL and we'll see.

But for now, I think I'm ready to start trimming too, as I plan to work on these layers. I might want to leave some layering in if I'm going for TBL for a cascading curls effect (Caruso Rollers because I suck at sitting under a dryer for a rollerset). But, I need a couple trims this year. No time like the present so, I think I'm going to trim on Tuesday (5/3) and then henna/indigo. (uh, nope. still haven't done it yet. :nono:)

Whatcha think?

shopaholic, I meant to say Congrats on HL too! :woohoo:

JJamiah

:giggle: NJoy I was going to ask did you get to Henna/Indigo yet, but you answered that question.

I think you should try it. If you don't like it, you can always cut back to HL or WL and try to see if you'll like it the second go round. :)

This is definitely my year of bulking up this hair :)

Your hair definitely looks amazingly thick. The last pic that I posted was my most proud. I love the thickness of it, and the amazing feel that it had. :)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Sorry the pics are always so darn huge, I send them from my phone using the LHCF App. If anyone know s how to make them small please let me know.

MariposaSexyGirl

So I decided to update my siggy pic. I was suppose to wait until the first but oh well it's almost that day anyway. And I just went on ahead while my hair was freshly done. Funny how my hair is no longer blunt like it was just 2 months ago :ohwell:. The V is trying to return with full force :lol:. This is how my hair grows so I will just leave it alone. As you can see I have like a sprig of lead hairs touching my bottoms. I should be hl by June. I'm adding a bigger picture here.

Attachments

• IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 62

Lita

So I decided to update my siggy pic. I was suppose to wait until the first but oh well it's almost that day anyway. And I just went on ahead while my hair was freshly done. Funny how my hair is no longer blunt like it was just 2 months ago :ohwell:. The V is trying to return with full force :lol:. This is how my hair grows so I will just leave it alone. As you can see I have like a sprig of lead hairs touching my bottoms. I should be hl by June. I'm adding a bigger picture here.

MariposaSexyGirl I have a natural V pattern too! Embrace it/Don't fight it...

*Your hair is very pretty..keep growing..

Happy Hair Growing!

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Yes! Nice job. And that V looks great on you. Go with it, mama! :yep:

BostonMaria

Great progress ladies!

I'm going to dye my hair tomorrow and rollerset. Sorry I have not been able to post pics. Between between working 65 hours a week and studying for my finals, my hair is looking frumpy. Im still taking care of it but I look a hot mess LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BeautifulFlower

Soooooo....I am touching hip length like 8 month ahead of schedule but I am going to stick to my Dec. 2011 date because I plan to do a major trim in a week.

I'll post pics in the morning. I'm sooo tried right now. Hair relaxing and such is exhausting. :ohwell:

Hi Whimsy!

I wanna join!!! It's freaky that I can actually join a thread like this and actually have a chance to make it.

Anyway, my info:

Current Length: (slightly below) WSL

Regimen: What regimen?!?!? No really...I K.I.S.S.
Shampoo once a week
Condition twice a week
Detangle once a week
Moisturize/oil every night
Buns, Braidouts, and Ponytails

Plans:
Relax 3 to 4 times a year
Flat iron/curl on special occasions
Blow dry to help manage new growth
Protect ends as much as possible
1" Trim on December 31 and again when I reach HL
Most importantly, listen to my hair

Hip Length Date:
December 31, 2011

curlycrocheter

Congrats on everybody reaching HL!! It's still a pretty far stretch for me at this point. But I'm gonna do an update on Monday. Again, congrats everyone!!

Janet'

Congrats on everybody reaching HL!! It's still a pretty far stretch for me at this point. But I'm gonna do an update on Monday. Again, congrats everyone!!

It's a stretch for me too, but we can always dream :lachen: Anywhere close to HL would be freaking awesome!!!!