Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

Lucia

Thanks NJ :)

Here goes my updated flicks :)
A nice cut makes me feel so good!

Gorgeous hair but I have to say did you have to cut that much off?
You were grazing HL. Seems like evryones on a spring cutting off a little bib too much hair spree.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thanks ladies.

@ longcoilylocks I am not cutting just trimming 1/4 inch cause I always cut off 3-5" just for my hair to grow back in the same way months later. I've been thinking of growing to TL, even if i do it and trim back to HL it will help my naturally thin hair look fuller.

JJamiah

Gorgeous hair but I have to say did you have to cut that much off?
You were grazing HL. Seems like evryones on a spring cutting off a little bib too much hair spree.

Thank you so much Lucia. Honestly I think it is the Spring. I just wanted a cut so bad. I am so excited, you'd think I just got a new Lace Front.

Lita

Thanks to Lita and Candy,

My braid regimine is coming along. I took some tips from The tightly curly lady Terry also, however I was not doing the curl separating thing.

So thank you for the help. Detangle is so easy now I wonder sometimes if I am forgetting anything when I am done so fast with my hair.

I washed and conditioned my braids last night and that was it. I may let them out today or go til tomorrow to do a detangling. Then I will wash in another two days.

Vintagecoilylocks Yea,Glad everything is coming along for you I love progress...Sometimes when I'm doing my hair & finish so quickly..I start to think that I missed something too ! Continue success to you

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

MariposaSexyGirl

JJamiah your hair is gorgeous!

And I forgot to add my stats:

Some things you can share are: Ponytail rollersets save me time
Current Length: 1 1/2 inches past WL.
Regimen: I generally wash once a week, deep condition and clarify every 2 weeks. . I conditioner wash like twice a week then bun.
Plans: I plan to use less heat on my ends and try to become even more gentle. And try my hardest to avoid the scissors.
Hip Length Date: July 17,2011

Whimsy you better add me to the list! :lol:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So, I officially ended my stretch at 38 wks post with a texlax. I haven't had a chance to see how well my hair tolerated the stretch and all of the stress surrounding taking care of mom. I'm DC'g with heat now and very relieved. That thread that janeemat did about a 6 month stretch ruining her hair and all the comments in that thread literally scared me straight. :lol: I know that I'll lose much of the thickness that I was just enjoying but hey, at least I can get back to a routine that I'm most comfortable with...including daily cowashing. :yay:
Depending on what I see when I"m done, I may go ahead and do a trim. I did a small one when I flat iron but, I haven't done a real trim yet. Meh, we'll see.

Be back with an update later.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, so my hair is done enough to assess condition. I blowdried it on cool most of the way and put it up to settle down. This sort of straightens it without having to use a flat iron, for me.

So, for my assessment, I lightly texlaxed so, there's still a lot of texture in my hair. I wanted the thickness but to handle the ng so that it stops loc'g up. I think I do notice some demarc breakage at the top, back of my hair (makes sense?) I'm not bothered by that much because my hair is layered anyway and it's just above apl. I also have a section on the left, front that's shorter (SL) but, I think that because the section is so even, it must be from that time that I got frustrated and cut tangled braids out. (now that I think about it, that could also be the reason for what i'm calling demarc breakage. It was 3 braids knotted together. Don't remind me :rolleyes:).

All in all, my hair still looks pretty good and thick. I texlaxed the front a bit longer so that it won't look crazy when I start bunning again (yay!!). And the back is less texlaxed so that I still have that lucious thickness (yay!!)

I don't think I'll stretch beyond 4-6 months at a time from here on out. And that's mostly because I started having major detangling issues after 6 months and my hair looked so crazy that I had to completely hide it under a wig or completely covered to go out.

We'll see how detangling goes now, since I'm still heavily textured in the back. I also think I'm going to get back to using sulfur and daily cowashing. I still have goals to meet, ya know.

Be back later with pics.

memee1978

im in.my starting length is close to or at waist length.i grow about an inch a month give or take.im very low maintence with my hair,and i always wear it in a pinned up ponytail.

JJamiah

NJoy

Yay, Pictures, Pictures

and we can keep the same schedule I am doing every 6 months too.
Congrats on your stretch and your texlax.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Ok, so my hair is done enough to assess condition. I blowdried it on cool most of the way and put it up to settle down. This sort of straightens it without having to use a flat iron, for me.

So, for my assessment, I lightly texlaxed so, there's still a lot of texture in my hair. I wanted the thickness but to handle the ng so that it stops loc'g up. I think I do notice some demarc breakage at the top, back of my hair (makes sense?) I'm not bothered by that much because my hair is layered anyway and it's just above apl. I also have a section on the left, front that's shorter (SL) but, I think that because the section is so even, it must be from that time that I got frustrated and cut tangled braids out. (now that I think about it, that could also be the reason for what i'm calling demarc breakage. It was 3 braids knotted together. Don't remind me :rolleyes:).

All in all, my hair still looks pretty good and thick. I texlaxed the front a bit longer so that it won't look crazy when I start bunning again (yay!!). And the back is less texlaxed so that I still have that lucious thickness (yay!!)

I don't think I'll stretch beyond 4-6 months at a time from here on out. And that's mostly because I started having major detangling issues after 6 months and my hair looked so crazy that I had to completely hide it under a wig or completely covered to go out.

We'll see how detangling goes now, since I'm still heavily textured in the back. I also think I'm going to get back to using sulfur and daily cowashing. I still have goals to meet, ya know.

Be back later with pics.

Ahm...excuse me...but ahm... Njoy, you need to quit playing with folks. You said you would be back with FOE TOES about 'fo' hours ago. Where are they? I don't know about the rest of these lovely women-sez up in here, but you can't be dangling such tasty tidbits and not delivering. I'd hate to have to bite you. :grin:! Just playing. You are too cute and nice to bite.

Come wit' the FOE TOES - and soon please. Pretty please!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Feisty up in here. :blush:

Meh. Nothing dramatic since I just updated not long ago. I did do a small trim because my ends were choppy in a few sections. Most of the trimming was in the layered sections so, not so bad. I blew out the roots in the back portion but didn't bother to do the whole thing because I don't want to use heat. (and I still had some detangling to do. Grrr!) Didn't bother to flat iron the back section for that reason too. But, the texlax turned out nice. I left a lot of thickness with this quicklax. Ah well. Time to get back to babying my hair. I'm behind schedule. I need to be lush by my birthday (6/23). Can she do it? :look:

Anywho, here ya go:

I lost my internet connection and hubby just got me back online. I didn't know how much of a Net addict I was until I was without. :blush: Ah well. I'm back now, baby!! :woohoo: Oh, and I gotta say, I'm LOVING all this hair!!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Feisty up in here. :blush:

Meh. Nothing dramatic since I just updated not long ago. I did do a small trim because my ends were choppy in a few sections. Most of the trimming was in the layered sections so, not so bad. I blew out the roots in the back portion but didn't bother to do the whole thing because I don't want to use heat. (and I still had some detangling to do. Grrr!) Didn't bother to flat iron the back section for that reason too. But, the texlax turned out nice. I left a lot of thickness with this quicklax. Ah well. Time to get back to babying my hair. I'm behind schedule. I need to be lush by my birthday (6/23). Can she do it? :look:

Anywho, here ya go:

I lost my internet connection and hubby just got me back online. I didn't know how much of a Net addict I was until I was without. :blush: Ah well. I'm back now, baby!! :woohoo: Oh, and I gotta say, I'm LOVING all this hair!!

Nice and silky. It is hanging prettily. The ends look soft and healthy. Also, in these latest photos you have half your hair pinned up. Yet, it still looks even, full and thick. Good job!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Nice and silky. It is hanging prettily. The ends look soft and healthy. Also, in these latest photos you have half your hair pinned up. Yet, it still looks even, full and thick. Good job!

Girl, the thickness is why I hesitate to go natural. If I'm lazy now, who in the world is gonna keep up my natural hair? :look: How do you long-haired, natural divas do it?

Lucia

NJoy
Nice and thick love the updates looks like you don't have much breakage showing
I think it can thicken up in 2 months and grow some noticeable length too.

ETA Who knows you could reach HL his summer and claim from APL to HL in 2 years

Last edited:

Lucia

Girl, the thickness is why I hesitate to go natural. If I'm lazy now, who in the world is gonna keep up my natural hair? :look: How do you long-haired, natural divas do it?

Truth only thing that bothers me about being natural is the shrinkage and growing it out to superlong lengths will fix that
I've tweaked my regimen so that it's simple effective and minimum tangles or breakage. Plus I like the thickness of my straightened natural hair it's way thicker than it ever was relaxed and I had scalp issues and burns when relaxed my hair and head couldn't take it.