hey girls, do any of you add egg to your conditioner????

JerriBlank

Yeah,so...i tried this last night and my hair and i have experienced protei overload for the first time.
My hair was breaking all over the place

I am sure the other two protein condishes i used played a major part in that:perplexed.My hair was breaking all over the place so if i try this again,it will be with a a moisturizing condish.

SherryLove

Ok, ladies, it is three years later; and I finally tried the egg thing... LOL....I blended one egg and took one (1) tbsp of it (I am scurred to add more) and added it to my AO moisture mix (16 ozs AO HSR, 3 ozs AO GPB, 1 tbsp honey, and 3 tbsps oil). I did, however, go under the dryer for 20 mins; and the egg luckily did not cook in my hair.....The results: my hair was soft as usual with slightly more body. This is a keeper for me. I will do it from time to time... smile...

kami11213

I didn't read this entire thread but sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, what protein conditioners did you use with it?

Yeah,so...i tried this last night and my hair and i have experienced protei overload for the first time.
My hair was breaking all over the place

I am sure the other two protein condishes i used played a major part in that:perplexed.My hair was breaking all over the place so if i try this again,it will be with a a moisturizing condish.

truthbetold

I whip up an egg treatment when my hair starts breaking. But I MUST folo with super moisturizing dc or it will be trouble. The egg definitely stops the breakage cold but can be pretty drying so that dc is imperative for me.

SherryLove

I whip up an egg treatment when my hair starts breaking. But I MUST folo with super moisturizing dc or it will be trouble. The egg definitely stops the breakage cold but can be pretty drying so that dc is imperative for me.

and how often do you do that????

truthbetold

and how often do you do that????

When I first started my journey in Sept '08 I did it everytime I washed-2x per week. That actually kept breakage at bay but then I started getting paranoid about protein overload and stopped doing it as often. Now I do it once a month or whenever I notice a more than acceptable amount of broken hairs.

tgrowe

Bumping....
I remember posting in this thread long ago after trying the egg addition to my condish, but that previous post was before my naive butt knew about protein moisture balance- I didn't follow that egg conditioning with a moisturizing DC and my hard hair led to a soft butt:grin:
Now I am a believer. Dont' sleep on that ol' egg. Out of all the protein treaments I have tried so far (not saying the other tx products are not good), my egg conditioning mixture gives by far the best results and is a whooollle lot cheaper. Hmmm....
Now I follow with a moisturizing condish and my hair loves it. I do the egg conditioning tx about once a month.

SherryLove

Bumping....
I remember posting in this thread long ago after trying the egg addition to my condish, but that previous post was before my naive butt knew about protein moisture balance- I didn't follow that egg conditioning with a moisturizing DC and my hard hair led to a soft butt:grin:
Now I am a believer. Dont' sleep on that ol' egg. Out of all the protein treaments I have tried so far (not saying the other tx products are not good), my egg conditioning mixture gives by far the best results and is a whooollle lot cheaper. Hmmm....
Now I follow with a moisturizing condish and my hair loves it. I do the egg conditioning tx about once a month.

good to hear, tgrowe...smile....