hey girls, do any of you add egg to your conditioner????

Nenah

Has anyone ever tried adding Beer to there hair as a rinse I hear the shine is amazing.

greenidlady1

mahoganee said:
What exactly does the molasses do for hair and did you find the recipe on this board? I might try this on my hair.;)

Molasses really bumps up the moisture in your conditioner- it should be blackstrap molasses though. You should find more info with a search...
hth,
G

mahoganee

greenidlady1 said:
Molasses really bumps up the moisture in your conditioner- it should be blackstrap molasses though. You should find more info with a search...
hth,
G
Thanks for the info!:D

Cincysweetie

This is a good thread, I may have to try this. I need for my strands to be a little stronger. Can this be done with a co wash, or is it best done following a shampoo as a deep conditioning treatment? Also, aside from the ORS mayo, what other conditioners is everyone using?

Lady Esquire

if so, why do you do it and what are your results???? and would you recommend it???

Yeah I do, but rarely. I only do it with I feel like my hair needs a little extra sumthin sumthin during my protein treatments. I will add it to my ORS Mayo. I use it on my daughters' hair when they have not had a protein treatmen in a while.

I recommend it if your hair is feeling limp, or if it is damaged.

miami74

I also add an egg to my ORS Mayo and let it sit for an hour. Makes my hair come out thick, strong and shiny. :yep: I would recommend it.

JustKiya

Dang, I'm sitting here with a protien treatment in my hair right now - an egg added to it would be really nice.... ah, well, I might try that next time.... *making notes*

Mahalialee4

I use the powdered egg yolk in my LeKair Cholesterol along with pure coconut oil. My hair strands get really strong and elastic. Adding honey to the mix is great for the moisture factor and it is not runny like the molasses, but I really do give molasses its props cause I have used that a lot.

JustKiya

I use the powdered egg yolk in my LeKair Cholesterol along with pure coconut oil. My hair strands get really strong and elastic. Adding honey to the mix is great for the moisture factor and it is not runny like the molasses, but I really do give molasses its props cause I have used that a lot.

ooh POWDERED egg yolk!! That's even a better idea!

Mahalialee4

ooh POWDERED egg yolk!! That's even a better idea!
That way I avoid the runnyness and the egg bit blobs. It does the work of an aphogee treatment too. Hair strands thickened and strong. Able to make nice fat twists....now you know......that is a surprise for me with baby fine hair . I put on a couple of plastic bags and left on for a couple of hours. bonjour

luvmesumhair

That way I avoid the runnyness and the egg bit blobs. It does the work of an aphogee treatment too. Hair strands thickened and strong. Able to make nice fat twists....now you know......that is a surprise for me with baby fine hair . I put on a couple of plastic bags and left on for a couple of hours. bonjour
Where would you get powdered egg from?

chebaby

i may try this in a couple of weeks. however im thinking of either doing plain mayo on dry hair or ORS mayo with one egg. right now im washing with aphogee shampoo and deep conditioning with olive oil replenishing pak so i may not need it, i have been using this combo for the past three weeks.

Mahalialee4

Health Food Stores: Large Grocery Stores, not sure what they are in the U.S. Check the baking section in the Grocery Stores. In the Health Food Stores, just ask them for it. They are usually with items in small plastic clear bags. Hope this helps.

titan

I add 1 egg to my pre-poo conditioner and it is helping. To me it seems that my hair is getting thicker, and my hair feels stronger.:yep:

Caramela

Eggs are too much protein for my hair. Protein overdose. My hair is left feeling brittle. I don't have a problem with breakage though... maybe this would be beneficial for someone who does.

tgrowe

Tried this a couple of times and my hair was super hard. Didn't like the results. My hair hates protein-loaded products. Will only do it again if I have major breakage. Maybe I can use only the egg yolks next time. Tell me, is it better to use only the egg yolk or the whole egg? Would really like to know.