When do you add oils to your conditioner?

Snuckles

I'm going to start adding oils to my conditioners but was curious as to how most people do this.

Do you purchase the conditioner, open it up and pour in the oil?

OR

On wash day you pour the amount of conditioner in a bowl that you plan on using for that wash then mix it with oil?

OR

Do you put conditioner on your head then add oil?

I really don't know if one way is better then the other, so if someone has a clue, please let me know.

Te'TahHead

I add oil after a strong protein treatment (Aphoghee, Emergencee). I add 4 drops of EVOO after a heavy application of my conditioner. I concentrate on the ends and my edges to ensure the conditioner is sealed. I HTH

It~Can~Grow

I take about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of DEEP conditioner out of the bottle and add to bowl. I then add 1/2 tsp of evoo, 1/2 tsp of shea oil, 1/2 tsp of castor oil, 1/2-1 tspn of honey and 2ml of SAA.

When I do my pre poo I only add 1/2 tsp of grapeseed oil and 2 drops of peppermint for tingle :grin:

Sounds like a lot of oil, but a teaspoon isn't really that much and a 1/2 is even less :yep:

Evazhair

I'm going to start adding oils to my conditioners but was curious as to how most people do this.

Do you purchase the conditioner, open it up and pour in the oil?

OR

On wash day you pour the amount of conditioner in a bowl that you plan on using for that wash then mix it with oil?

OR

Do you put conditioner on your head then add oil?

I really don't know if one way is better then the other, so if someone has a clue, please let me know.

I've done both of the bolded but I prefer the second, using a color mixing bowl.

Barbara

Princess
I add 15 drops of olive oil and 15 drops of any other oil (such as vegetable, jojoba, or almond) to a 3 to 4 ounce canister of conditioner. :yahoo:

Last edited:

growinstrong

I put the conditioner on my hand and then pour in a lil oil and then apply to 1 section at a time (I use 4 braids when washing hair)

almondjoi85

I added half a small bottle of jojoba to my miss key super conditioner and mixed it up well a few weeks after I got it.

Aggie

I have a lot of carrier oils so what I do is on wash days, I mix almost equal parts conditioner and oil of choice for that day together (more conditioner than oil though), and then apply the mixture to my hair , but I only do this with conditioners that does not give me enough slip. I find that it's best to heat the oil a little first then mix in the conditioner for added slip, penetration and shine to the hair.