Adding Egg Protein Powder to Conditioners

Chrissmiss

What do you ladies think about this. Adding 100% Egg Protein Powder to a cheapy conditioner such as Queen Helene in order to make it a protein treatment/conditioner. Do you think this would be effective? I'm thinking of giving it a try in the near future. Do you think it would be equivelant to simply adding a whole egg? Anyone ever tried this?
Anyways I'm am supposed to be studying, but this random hair thought just popped into my head and I had to inquire.:grin:

Sianna

This is a really good question, and I am interested in seeing some responses to this too. I have added a whole egg to my cheapie conditioner once, and it was okay, I just never did it since. For some reason I feel bad about putting food in my hair. Makes me feel like I'm wasting it! :blush:

I wouldn't feel bad about adding it in a powdered form though! :grin:

Vashti

I would just use a real egg but that's just me. I use QH as my main DC and I always add things to it. I don't see how it could hurt if you feel your hair needs extra protein. I add egg or mayo to mine for protein and honey and olive oil for a more moisturizing conditioning.