Henna your way to natural?

Lexsmarie

Hi :grin:

OK! So I LOVE to Henna and I been including it in my reggie for about 3 months now, using it bi-weekly. I am currently 4 months post relaxer and I feel with my Henna treatment, it’s allowing me to stretch without shedding and breakage. Henna is definitely loosening up my new growth as if I just texlaxed.... I feel confident I could go another 4 months without a touch-up if I just continue my Henna reggie.

With that being said has anyone transitioned from relaxed to natural with the help of Henna and continue to rely on only Henna treatments to manage their new growth??

Thanks for wisdom and advice! HHG

araceli2418

I'm transitioning and have not used henna yet but I plan to. I'd like to know what you put in your henna b/c I'm wondering if I add yogurt or coconut milk if it will help with the loosening b/c these "ingredients" do that anyway. At least, for some.

Lexsmarie

I have not added yogurt or coconut milk, though I think next time I will add yogurt to see how that works. I just use 1/2 cup of Henna, 1/4 Brahmi, 1/4 Alma powders, Smooth as Silk Giovanni conditioner, and Avacodo Oil and water to create the power into paste. The conditioner and oil helps make the hair soft because Henna by itself is very drying.

Black Hoya Chick

i have been henna-ing lately. and it is now a staple in my transition process. i do it weekly to keep the new growth looser. it makes it a lot easier now. i will continue to do when i am finally all natural too

lilree

I just started using Henna this past Saturday. I am also transitioning, and I CAN put my fingers through my ng. I am ALSO noticing that its drier than usual. Got to remember to do some extra moisturizing. So, I'm with you on the henna transition method.

Distorted Barbie

Where did you buy your henna? I went to an Indian grocery store this week, but did not buy the henna that they had because I was not sure if it was body art quality.

Lexsmarie

CiCi - Yes, it rinse out very well compared to using Henna alone

Barbie - I get my Henna from HennaSooq.com, I really like Jamila's Henna. You can find that at the India Store as well.

LivingDoll

I just started my transitioning journey and my lil bit of NG is showing off already (8 weeks post). I'm going to try this. How long do you leave it on? Do you use heat?

Lexsmarie

I would apply my henna mix into my hair as if giving myself a relaxer, concentrating on the roots,ng and edges, apply a shower cap or wrap saran wrap all over. Watch TV and relax for about 1-2 hours and rinse out in the shower following with co-wash about 2-3 times.