Natural Henna in London

ebonylocs

Hello All,

I'm a newbie, and I live in London, UK.

I would like to try henna, but the only ones I see in the Black BSS are compound hennas - the ones that are a mixure of henna (so they say) and dye.

Where can I get affordable, all natural henna that is suitable for use on hair?

My hair is natural. Will the compound henna damage it? Will it have the strengthening and loosening effect that people have had from the natural henna?

naturaline

im not from london but iv been eyeing up the LUSH henna. a few people here have used it and its had good reviews.

shocol

ebonylocs said:
Hello All,

I'm a newbie, and I live in London, UK.

I would like to try henna, but the only ones I see in the Black BSS are compound hennas - the ones that are a mixure of henna (so they say) and dye.

Where can I get affordable, all natural henna that is suitable for use on hair?

My hair is natural. Will the compound henna damage it? Will it have the strengthening and loosening effect that people have had from the natural henna?

From what other ladies here have said, you'll probably be able to find it in Indian stores.

Ladyhenri

Hi girl and Welcome:lachen:
After spending loads for BAQ Henna from Henna for hair,
I found some BAQ Henna in Peckham... the henna is called Zarqa henna (you can research the name for more info on the net), its BAQ and 100% henna...the best part is the price...drum rolls pls....its....79p!!
I was so shocked when i saw it that i grabbed 3 boxes (though i still have my henna from henna for hair)

I cant remember the name of the exact shop (i dont think its got a name:lol:) but it is close to the train station and i remember it is a food shop and NOT one of the afro hair and cosmetic stores. Its one of those shops that sell only afro caribbean foods
HTH

sweetwhispers

Lush or body shop. Both are pure and around a fiver. I preferred the body shop one because its easier to mix but the lush blocks smell nicer.

ebonylocs

Thanks ladies.

Actually, immediately after posting I couldn't wait and did a google search and bought a 80g box of Copal Natural Henna on ebay for 1.50 (+65p shipping).

I also bought one box of Zarqa for 2.50. If only I'd known about the 79p place in Peckham, Henrietta!

The Zarqa is black and is pure indigo. I bought both because I do want my hair black, but heard that indigo doesn't have the same conditionining properties as henna. Henrietta, did you get the black indigo Zarqa? What was your experience with it?

naturaline

ebonylocs said:
Thanks ladies.

Actually, immediately after posting I couldn't wait and did a google search and bought a 80g box of Copal Natural Henna on ebay for 1.50 (+65p shipping).

I also bought one box of Zarqa for 2.50. If only I'd known about the 79p place in Peckham, Henrietta!

The Zarqa is black and is pure indigo. I bought both because I do want my hair black, but heard that indigo doesn't have the same conditionining properties as henna. Henrietta, did you get the black indigo Zarqa? What was your experience with it?
i have that same Zarqa but dont want to use it as i want reddish hair- i was just brought the 1st one i could find;-(