Grow Afro Hair Long/ Crown and Glory Technique

joib

Help! Is anyone doing the Crown and Glory Technique. Any suggestion for a newbie. Currently I am wearing my hair out of braids but have plans to braid it in the next two weeks. How many times should I wash in one week and is there such a thing as too much protein or over conditioning. I think you ladies are wonderful and very informative on this forum. Any help is greatly appreciated...........Thanks jb

hothair

Hello and welcome! There are quite a number of threads on Crown & Glory methods (C&G) if you do a search. Sareca has a detailed outline in her fotki.
Unless your hair is VERY damaged/ double processed (eg colour and relaxed) most people use heavy protein about once every 4-6 weeks. Most deep condition with cholesterol or ORS Replenishing Pak etc once a week, I would suggest you do a DC at least twice before you put in your braids, you may want to sneak in a protein treatment if you haven't done one recently but DON'T forget to follow up with a moisturising treatment (eg Aphogee followed with Nexxus humectress or Keracare humecto) that's all I can think of at the moment HTH. :)

tsturnbu

Hey. i have been doing the crown and glory method for years (check out my journal in my album (link below).

while in braids, i wash once every 2 weeks using a light shampoo or diluted shampoo. i only let the shampoo touch my scalp and i put conditioner on the hands while i am washing the shampoo in my hair.

To aid in growth, i spray surge and use boundless tresses on the parts (i have cornrows and box braids). i also sleep with a silk scarf every night to help maintain the style. my hair always looks good up until the 3rd month.

hth

RubyWoo

I use the crown and glory technique whenever I'm in braids. I usually stay in braids for 6-8 weeks at a time. I wash and deep condition with heat once a week. I always dilute my shampoos and conditioners before putting them on my scalp and braids. Diluting helps to minimize buildup. I also spray with braid spray every day and spray with braid spray/infusium mix twice a week; one of those days being on wash day.

Also LHCF member Den1 has an excellent washing technique that helps keep the braids fresh looking while you wash. It is located in her fotki. I employ her technique and have had great results. Check out her profile to acquire access to her fotki. HTH!=)

Last edited:

delynmonet

It's been quite a while since I have been on the forum . . . can anyone send to me the crown & glory technique - as I am having a hard time searching for it and getting search results? Thanks!

Braided~Beauty

delynmonet said:
It's been quite a while since I have been on the forum . . . can anyone send to me the crown & glory technique - as I am having a hard time searching for it and getting search results? Thanks!
Here is the link
www.growafrohairlong.com

I do the extreme lazy girl C&G method :lol:
It works for me though...
I stay braided all year, re-braiding as needed.
Wash with diluted con once a week (or so...depending on how lazy I get)
Saturate with braid spray & infusium 21.....when I remember
Sleep in a silk scarf nightly.
Thats it!
Easy peasy ;)