Which version of Infusium 23 is everyone using for Crown & Glory?

naturalmanenyc

I already have the African Royale braid spray but did not pick up infusium as recommended for the Crown & Glory technique while in crocheted two strand twists.

I saw a few versions of the Infusium 23 leave in at the BSS today and am curious about which version crown & glory braiders are using?

I saw some grey bottles (repairologie, moisturologie) as well as the white bottles. :perplexed

Does it matter that I am almost 100% natural.

Or is there some other protein spray that crown & glory ladies are using?

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Thank you! I was trying to decide which of the versions to get since I plan to keep my twists in for at least 2 months.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I don't use Infusium because of the cones (I'm natural).

I use CHI Keratin Mist instead, it's a great product. Mane n Tail Hair Strengthening Spray is also good.

Nubenap22

I use three different leave ins...its my own modified version and Im in my second round of braids.... I dont really use the braid spray....Heres a pic of 2 that I use....aussie is the other i use

Attachments

• infusium.jpg
    infusium.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 30

naturalmanenyc

Yes, the cones high up on the list did scare me. That is why I put it down the first time I saw the bottles.

I don't use Infusium because of the cones (I'm natural).

I use CHI Keratin Mist instead, it's a great product. Mane n Tail Hair Strengthening Spray is also good.

naturalmanenyc

I went with Chi Keratin Mist ($12.99 for 12 oz at Beauty of New York) and also Mane & Tail braid sheen spray since I ran out of BRX braid spray & BoNY was out. The Mane & Tail Hair Strengthener was $5.49 for 6 oz and it has a cone a bit higher up in the list than Chi.

I am not mixing them though, like I did my BRX spray and Avocado protein spray. I plan to use Chi Keratin Mist at night & braid spray in the morning.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I went with Chi Keratin Mist ($12.99 for 12 oz at Beauty of New York) and also Mane & Tail braid sheen spray since I ran out of BRX braid spray & BoNY was out. The Mane & Tail Hair Strengthener was $5.49 for 6 oz and it has a cone a bit higher up in the list than Chi.

I am not mixing them though, like I did my BRX spray and Avocado protein spray. I plan to use Chi Keratin Mist at night & braid spray in the morning.
The cone in the Mane n Tail Hair Strengthener is a water-soluble cone, and I've found that it really doesn't weigh my hair down or dry it out. These days, I'm actually liking the MnT more than the CHI...it seems more moisturizing. But my CHI Keratin Mist doesn't have any cones--yours does?

The CHI is also available at TJ Maxx for $7.99. They always have boatloads of it every time I go there.

naturalmanenyc

Darn. I did not even think to try TJ Maxx.

Yes, my CHI Keratin Mist has a cone, but it's water soluble:

Rosewater, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Silk Amino Acids, Acetamide MEA, Lactamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone, Nettle, Chamomile Extract, Algae, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis), Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow 5, D&C Red 33, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

Mane & Tail has Dimethicone copolyol (water soluble):
WATER, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ISOSTEARAMIDOPROPYLMORPHOLINE LACTATE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, ALOE VERA, HORSETAIL GRASS, CHAPARRAL, COLTS FOOT, HORSE CHESTNUT, MEADOW SWEET, RED CLOVER, POLYSORBATE 20, POLYSORBATE 80, QUATERNIUM-79, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, QUATERNIUM-79 HYDROLYZED SILK, ALLANTOIN, RETINYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN A PALMITATE), TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), PANTHENOL, NIACIN, FRAGRANCE.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
OP thanks for starting this thread,I've always wondered which one everyone was using as well since I've never seen the Original in the BSS.

Zaz

The infusium you ladies are using, is it a spray or a bottle leave in that you put it in a spray bottle? I've been to 3 different places and can't seem to find a spray leave in.:ohwell:
So far as I understand though, I just need a moisture spray and a protein spray? So if I use my Giovanni Vitapro fusion spray on my twists, would it be ok? TIA.

Last edited:

Angelicus

I have yet to see a bottle with a spray top. I've always purchased a mini spray bottle for my Infusium.

PocketVenus

The infusium you ladies are using, is it a spray or a bottle leave in that you put it in a spray bottle? I've been to 3 different places and can't seem to find a spray leave in.:ohwell:
So far as I understand though, I just need a moisture spray and a protein spray? So if I use my Giovanni Vitapro fusion spray on my twists, would it be ok? TIA.

Yea. They don't come in spray bottles. Just a little 'spout' at the top. I use the (moisture)ology [sp?] that comes in the gray bottle for the C&G method and I feel like it's working.

Hope that helps :)