Crown & Glory Technique WITHOUT Extensions

Justice4alw

Greetings, ladies!

Do any of you have any experience with Robin the Hair Lady's Crown & Glory Technique WITHOUT the use of hair extensions? For example, are you braiding or twisting your natural hair, leaving it in for a period of time, and then releasing it?

If so, what type of growth results are you achieving? In addition, what type of regimen do you follow?

Thanks in advance!

Tara

Hi!

I was doing *something* like this about 2 years ago when I was having a really great growth period.

I just kept my natural hair cornrowed, did a daily rinsed and then shampoo'd every three days while keeping my hair moisturized.

I am a natural 4a/b so I noticed that my hair was getting bigger and bigger, which I could tell mean it was getting longer and longer. It was terrific!! To the point where my hair dresser kept asking what I was doing, if I took vitamins etc.

I would keep my hair cornrowed for about 2 weeks at a time and then get them rebraided. I also wore headwraps most of the time during this period because after a few days of rinsing/washing the cornrows did not look "new" anymore.

So I think if you were to follow her exact routine it should work. And if I'm not mistaken I *think* Den1 follows the complete routine without extensions and it has been working wonderfully for her! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HTH