***Get an inch every month 2011 challenge anyone?***

Lita

Hey ladies!
I got my inch this month! In addition to my pic check,I parted my hair from ear to ear and measured 10 inches 2/1/11 to exactly 11 inches today. :drunk: This year is the first time i've ever really tracked my growth. I'm so excited and motivated since i've actually gained and retained an inch. I really have no rhyme or reason to my regimen...ialways have my reggie written out to a tee--but then iNEVER stick to it. This month, iknow i used my sulfur mix 3x a week for like a week--then my hair got too thick. Then i co-washed everyday for about a week--but then my hair got too dry. Then i bunned for about a week and igot ssk...and then i did a rollerset and didn't really comb it for a week--and got dreads! lol...So today i washed, dc, and flat ironed. I'm going to try to keep this flat ironed hair for 2 weeks, very low maintenance--buns/hair sticks. I wanna get my hair strong and healthy b/c i want to get a sew in as a protective style next month.
HHJ!

[URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/35504033"][IMG]http://hosted.pikistrips.com/comic_strip/s/image/35/504/33/comic-p.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/35503948"][IMG]http://hosted.pikistrips.com/comic_strip/s/image/35/503/948/comic-p.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats & great growth...keep it up...Love it (very pretty)

Happy Hair Growing!

lushcoils

Dang Blueberry!! You got a little more than an inch. Keep it up girl!

I'm so excited about the success in this thread.

I'll state my results later when I come back from the gym. Mostly, .5 inches with some .7 and 1 inch in some areas. My hair is weird.:drunk:

blueberryd

Thanks ladies! I'm really going to try to devise and adhere to a reggie this month! I just read thru most of this thread and got some really great tips. 1 of my definite goals for March is to take my biotin, msm, silica, and iron at least 3x a week.

lushcoils lol ikno it looks like i may have gotten over an inch but idont claim it cuz its just a few straggly lead hairs anxious to reach BSL lol.

ps: iam soooo thankful that ihave this forum/thread to share my excitement with. iwas telling a couple of my friends that my hair grew an inch in a month and they were like....:perplexed ...ok great?? they just don't get it... lol. Anyways... I HEART LHCF. :grouphug:

HHJ!

QueenFee

Getting my grow on =)

JessieLeleB

updating again.... yesterday I put micro braids in my hair since I was tired of wearing wigs so u will won't be able to measure at the end of this month but I'm leaving them in for 6 weeks so hopefully I get an inch in march, there was really no point in measuring this month bc I really focused on getting it healthy and getting a good regime that my hair likes. so far I cowshed twice a week and put the sulfur mix on 3 times a week that moisturized with my homemade mixture that im still trying to perfect. what I will do while in braids is cowash once a week, sulfur mix 3 times a week and keep my braids moisturized at least 3 times a week that's it trying to keep it simple in march... and oh keep taking my vitamins which are biotin, skin nail hair pills, niacin pills and prenatal (not pregnant!)....

lillylovely

Well done to all you ladies that are committed to growing yourr hair and getting an inch a month or close to. It takes some dedication, time and money to get this type of growth. I love this thead and it shows what you can do when you put your mind to it.

Remember when we all used to think that black womens hair didnt grow more than half an inch a month if we even managed that? Now with the correct knowledge we are growing 1 inch a month and even more.

I dont think I got an inch this month though but thats because although I did everything else right I didnt work out at all this month. I definitely got some good growth though .7 inch.

I created a pikistrip to track my growth and I have a photoshopped image for December this year. I cant wait for my braids to get that long. I'll be whipping my hair back and forth for real!!

I will post an update with picture in the next couple of weeks.

grow

Hey ladies!
I got my inch this month! In addition to my pic check,I parted my hair from ear to ear and measured 10 inches 2/1/11 to exactly 11 inches today. :drunk: This year is the first time i've ever really tracked my growth. I'm so excited and motivated since i've actually gained and retained an inch. I really have no rhyme or reason to my regimen...ialways have my reggie written out to a tee--but then iNEVER stick to it. This month, iknow i used my sulfur mix 3x a week for like a week--then my hair got too thick. Then i co-washed everyday for about a week--but then my hair got too dry. Then i bunned for about a week and igot ssk...and then i did a rollerset and didn't really comb it for a week--and got dreads! lol...So today i washed, dc, and flat ironed. I'm going to try to keep this flat ironed hair for 2 weeks, very low maintenance--buns/hair sticks. I wanna get my hair strong and healthy b/c i want to get a sew in as a protective style next month.
HHJ!

[URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/35504033"][IMG]http://hosted.pikistrips.com/comic_strip/s/image/35/504/33/comic-p.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

[URL="http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/35503948"][IMG]http://hosted.pikistrips.com/comic_strip/s/image/35/503/948/comic-p.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Getting my grow on =)

@blueberryd , @QueenFee and lillylovely

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!!!!

:yay::dance7::clapping::bouncegre:trampolin:bouncy::cup::gorgeous::congrats::circle:

you are growing beautifully and we love eye candy!!!

let's keep the progress comin'!!!!

.....move it hair follicles..:driver:..we've got some serious growth goin' on in here!:yep::grin:

Last edited:

QueenFee

lillylovely I feel you sis! Im, in love with this thread! I'm always in awe of the ladies here and grow keeps it fun!

grow LOL you crack me up! Thanx sis! I'm back on my onion and garlic juice and so far so good =) Especially since I will flat iron on the 28th I need that extra boost! =)

grow

QueenFee, y'all keep me in awe!:grin:

ooooooh, i CANNOT WAIT to see these flat ironed pics!!!!:yay:
so is tuesday gonna be the big day or are you gonna let us see them tomorrow?
just let me know so i can race right over for my inspiration injection!!!:roadrunner:
i drool over your ends evertime i look at your avi..:dizzy:..heck, i LOOK for your avi JUST to drool over those luscious, perfectly even, straight ends!
....and the shine!.....gotta remember my sunglasses for that!:cool2:

yes ladies! we can grow some beautiful hair!:lots::kiss3:

it's like lillylovely was saying about the "not knowing" earlier because before i joined lhcf, i really never knew i could grow some hair!:blush:
lillylovely, did you try the onion and garlic juice recipe?:scratchch

ok, here's my testimony for the moment:
ladies, i had needed 1/4 to half an inch of growth for my hair to reach my growth goal mark for the month.:nervous2:
since i don't have one of those tee shirts that pinpoints progress by the inch, i had been measuring by the visible markers on my body. (from the front in the shower)
to make "my marker", my ends had to reach the darker area on my breasts.:blush: (i forget what it's called, but it's the round circle where the nipple is located.):blush:

well, i made it! :yahoo:and the only thing i've had time to do besides the MT appplication which was done about 10 days ago, is the onion/garlic with the hot pepper oil massage (15min), done only 3 nights.

given the "markers" i used to measure the growth goal from the front:blush:, i do not have pictures (hehehe!):lol:, but i did post some pics from the back, and with a bra, here: (post #1460) :sekret:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=485358&page=73
:update:
it also shows the ng from the back which might be a bit more than the ng from the side that i posted on page 11 of this thread. (i'm being hopeful here! lol!) they say our hair grows at different rates at different places on our heads, so maybe it's really like so......

i cannot wait to perm again to see where i'm really at.....:look:
off to juice some fresh spinache, carrots and cucumbers! :fridge: :drink: :cheers:

hhg ladies!!!

Lita

grow....Congrats..You are going to continue to pass your marker ...Keep Growing ...

*Yes ,I can say my hair grows different in the front/sides/back...Does its own thing.

Happy Hair Growing!

lillylovely

it's like @lillylovely was saying about the "not knowing" earlier because before i joined lhcf, i really never knew i could grow some hair!:blush:
@lillylovely, did you try the onion and garlic juice recipe?:scratchch

No I haven't but if my hair grows down to my boobies any time soon then I'm about to begin. With hot pepper sauce??????????????? Wow didnt that burn your scalp grow?

janda

Using markers seems like a good idea. My sides are about an inch away from APL. I'm going to see if I can get there by the end of March.

lushcoils

Ok, for February I got varying results...parts of my head grew anywhere from .5 inches to 1 inch. lol. I'm not sure why that happened, but it's grow and it's at least average or better, so I'll take it! (My hair usually grows .4-.5 inches a month).

My crown has also thickened significantly. It was thin for so long. My hair overall got thicker.

Currently, putting my new install of twist extensions in, and hope for at least an inch of growth all over next month.

I'm so happy for all the progress going on in this thread. So inspiring.

March is 31 one days long ladies!! Let's do it.

*New additions: I'm adding jbco to my routine to mix with sulfur, protein shake after work out, and trying to eat eggs everyday.

JessieLeleB

Im amazed at everybody dedication to this hair growth, as my first challenge I'm trying to stay focus like everybody else, hoping to get an inch at the end of march, crossing fingers!

sweetpeadee

All this growth is inspiring, ladies!!!!! Ya'll are going hard grow and blueberryd!!!:grin:

I've been using my sulfur mix and MT for about 2 weeks, and I think 2011 is going to be my year! My hair was shedding a bit, so now I'm popping 2000mg of garlic supplements:yep: and it has stopped considerably!!! The condition of my hair (for the most part) has been good, but I've noticed it's been a bit dry, so I'm going to be getting some new moisturizing products and upping my water intake!!!

Otherwise, twists and weekly cowashes are the plan...and henna for thickness!!!! Whoot whoot!!!:yay::yay::yay:

HHG!!!

QueenFee

As Promised

grow...Don't cut me! I will throw all the scissors out right now!

Oh I didn't do a hard flat iron, I was nervous the whole time because I didn't want any type of heat damage to set me back! I think I will start just doing length checks bu blow drying until I'm comfortable with using serious heat. I will post more pics of my style tomorrow .

grow

As Promised

@grow...Don't cut me! I will throw all the scissors out right now!

Oh I didn't do a hard flat iron, I was nervous the whole time because I didn't want any type of heat damage to set me back! I think I will start just doing length checks bu blow drying until I'm comfortable with using serious heat. I will post more pics of my style tomorrow .

QueenFee, giiiiiirrrlll, i fell off the couch when i saw these pics!!!:hide::reddancer::bounceline::happydance::yahoo::waytogo:

YOU MADE IT!!!!!

you know you gotta post these or the link or somethin in the BSL thread!:yep:
you are officially OVER THE HUMP!!!!!

when i first got here, they told me, the length is measured by the longest layer, and your longest layer has PASSED your bra strap already!

honey, you need to start considering yourself to be in MBL territory now!:yep:
i agree with the "do not cut" idea. let those ends just do their thang.
that's my philosophy, too. there's always time to trim, but it's nicer to trim once the growth has already been secured.:yep:
get yourself on the MBL thread because you are only a sneeze from it now!:yep:
p.s. your ends DO NOT LOOK LIKE CRAP!

lillylovely, sweets i have never tried hot sauce on my scalp. (not to say that i wouldn't try it since i HAVE used products made for horses (MTG, MT) and feminine personal parts' products (MN) on my scalp before!:lachen::lol:...i try to keep an open mind, lol!)
what i do with the hot peppers is put them in a jar with evoo and cook them like a crockpot. (i believe i have more details in the blog i wrote about the oils in my profile)
so i use the oil from the hot peppers and yes, it is hot on my scalp, but it does not burn at all.
the fact that it's so hot is why it's so benificial to us because it revs up the circulation sending lots of fresh blood and all to our hair follicles and this translates into growth!:yep: that's how my hair "grew down to my boobies" (i love the way you put that!:grin:) and although it's just the ends that are at my boobies right now, i'm sure that practice will take them further down, as well.
it's really easy to do and to make, so let us know if you try it. it works!

janda, ONLY an inch left?! honey, your hair has SPROUTED OUT!!!!
to what do you attribute this incredibly fast growth the most? (the 1 thing) thank you for your kind words and for checking out my pitchas on the BSL thread! i've done alot of different things to get growth, but if i had to put it all in one word, i'd say AYURVEDA!:yep:
never had hair past SL till i tried it!

jessicabarnes013, YOU CAN DO IT!!!:yep:
one thing i think we're all learning is that consistency is key, so stick with it and YOU WILL get results!:grin:

Lita, thank you for your kind words! so given that you agree that our grows at different paces on our heads, which is your longest layer (where) and shortest layer? i'm hoping to grow the hair in my front long like yours!:yep:

lushcoils, what an excellent progress report that your crown is getting thicker! :grin:especially because that's one of the toughest areas for us! what do you believe did it for you?

thank you, sweetpeadee!!! i'm soooo happy the garlic is working out for you!!! i take the supplements, too and agree that it really makes a difference! i'm also happy to see you are sticking with your MT and sulfur. i know they can be drying, as you've noticed, as well. getting moisture treatments and drinking lots of water will surely help! i also have tried spritzing my hair with rose water (organic, not the stuff with chemicals), aloe vera juice and evoo (which penetrates the hair shaft)....many times i'll add jbco for extra softness.
i just did a henna treatment, too! (yesterday) i did it with indigo. when did you do yours? how did it turn out? (i would comment on mine, but i still have dc on since last night when i finished so i have yet to see my hair dry)

HHJ ladies and keep up all this progress!:cowgirl::circle:

Lita

grow My hair grows in natural layers..Ex (very front top) right above belly button length...Center of front (BSL)...Bottom of front (at belly button)
The back (grows in a natural V) The sides of the back at TBL...Center in the back (bottom of tailbone).....*I have not check my length in a while/This is from the last time....

*Had a blunt cut several times & my hair still grew back the same way...So I just accept it for how it grows & keep going

Happy Hair Growing!

Guyaneek

I'm really trying to stick with this one. Here are my pics from the end of february. I didnt get an inch but I see progress. The back of my head can touch my shoulders. Yay!

Guyaneek

My error. That should be collar bone. The back of my hair reaches my collar bone. Not yet my shoulders. I will get there by May though...speak those thangs!

janda

@janda, ONLY an inch left?! honey, your hair has SPROUTED OUT!!!!
to what do you attribute this incredibly fast growth the most? (the 1 thing) thank you for your kind words and for checking out my pitchas on the BSL thread! i've done alot of different things to get growth, but if i had to put it all in one word, i'd say AYURVEDA!:yep:
never had hair past SL till i tried it!

I can't attribute the growth to just one thing because I think I've jumped on almost every bandwagon that has come along:spinning:. But here's what I've been doing:

Vitamins: Andrew Lessman HS & N, Omega 3's, and just started adding Amazing Grass to my protein shakes. I'm also exercising everyday.
Regimen: At night I apply Bee Mine sulfur serum and do a scalp message. I spritz some Nugro moisturiing spray on my roots. I juice the length of my hair with Bee Mine Juicy and seal with WGO. Recently, I've been adding a touch of JBCO. I braid my hair in 4 braids, put on my satin cap and sleep on my satin pillowcase.
Most mornings, I cowash. After my shower, I turbie twist my hair and then a spritz with Aloe Vera Juice, Aphogee Green Tea and Keratin and apply conditioner-- usually Wen. I seal with HV Cocasta Oil, EVCO or JBCO. Then I wet bun my hair. I usually take down my bun when I get home from work and my ends are still damp.
Twice per week, I shampoo and DC with heat. I follow the Cathy Howse regimen and use a protein DC as a base and add EVOO, EVCO and peppermint. I follow up with a moisture DC either Bee Mine or Sitrinillah. If I'm in a hurry I'll just DC with Wen Re-moist overnight or do a quick heat DC with One n Only Argan Restorative Mask.
Other things: I have started using henna/indigo and will occasionally do a HOT. Also, I just ordered some Mane n Tail (yes, I feel compelled to try everything).:yep:

.:Eden:.

Check In

Jan 2011
Front: 7"
Back: 7.5"
Left Side: 7.5"
Right Side: 7.5"
Right Bottom: 7"
Left Bottom: 7"

Feb 2011
Front: 7.25"
Back: 7.75"
Left Side: 7.75"
Right Side: 7.75"
Right Bottom: 7.25"
Left Bottom: 7.25"

MT obviously isn't working for me, so I just ordered some sulfur. Hopefully I'll have better luck with it.

sweetpeadee

thank you, @sweetpeadee!!! i'm soooo happy the garlic is working out for you!!! i take the supplements, too and agree that it really makes a difference! i'm also happy to see you are sticking with your MT and sulfur. i know they can be drying, as you've noticed, as well. getting moisture treatments and drinking lots of water will surely help! i also have tried spritzing my hair with rose water (organic, not the stuff with chemicals), aloe vera juice and evoo (which penetrates the hair shaft)....many times i'll add jbco for extra softness.
i just did a henna treatment, too! (yesterday) i did it with indigo. when did you do yours? how did it turn out? (i would comment on mine, but i still have dc on since last night when i finished so i have yet to see my hair dry)

I did mine last Friday night! I have heard that some people henna it up overnight:thud:, but I only had it in for 4 hours! I used yogurt and honey in my mix (hair felt okay) then DC'd. It wasn't until after I DC'd that my hair felt dry!!! And my chop-happy side was about to go crazy:axehunter: But I calmed down and assessed:sekret:, and I don't even have any split ends!!! I thought I was due for a trim, but I'm going to wait for a bit... So, now I'm anxious to get my products from Hairveda so I can moisturize the mess outta my hair!!!

BTW: That moisture mix you mentioned sounds lover-ly!!! :love5: Where do you get your rose water and aloe vera juice???

4everbeautifull1

Checking in :grin:

grow Congrats on your hair once again! I said it in the BSL thread also! Your hair has grown sooo much since the first pick in your siggy, I can't wait to get to where you are. :yep:

I am debating whether or not to relax. I am about 12 weeks post and my new growth feels like 18 weeks or something! It is so thick in there. I have stopped with my sulfur and only been applying my Brahmi oil just in case I decide to relax. It's been like 7 days since I used my sulfur mix I think so I need to make a decision soon.

Maybe you ladies can help me decide, I really want to wait til I am atleast 16 weeks post but I am experiencing some shedding. What should I do? If I am going to continue stretching, I need to get back to my sulfur mix STAT!