***Get an inch every month 2010 challenge anyone?***

pureebony

[size=+2]**CHALLENGE CLOSED**[/size]

Sorry Just wanted to control the numbers to actually start from a specific date, but if you do do this challenge, please feel free to chime in?! can't say no to good advice now can we?!

Hey ladies! :wave: So this challenge is gonna kick off in a few days :yep:

It will run from Dec 31st 09 to Dec 31st 10

Here are the requirements for this challenge, like i mentioned before, there will be no wrist bashing :nono: but encouragement! :yep:

So... here are pureebony's requirements for this challenges, people joining (will be updated up to the 31st), my regime etc

ready set GO!!! :giggle:

So i am a natural head :afro: and I want to aim to get 1 inch a month!! here is my starting pic, i cut off 1 inch all around today so i am at shoulder length exactly.

http://hotimg25.fotki.com/p/a/86_153/121_163/DSC03237.jpg

My regime as of 28th Dec 09:

(I am currently updating my fotki to be more detailed) This will be changed as and when I feel the need to, depending what my hair needs.

Sat/Sun

Detangle hair with wide tooth comb, keeping them in sections wash with K.I.S.S shampoo mix, then apply porosity control rinse, Aphogee 2 ins reconstructer rinse, six oil mix to saturate hair then rinse, then deep condition for min 30 mincs with hood dryer and cap to a maximum of overnight. Let hair cool down then rinse with cool water.

Moisturize and seal as usual.

Mon-Fri

Aim to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and do minimum of 1 hour exercise, eat a goup portion of vegetables.

morning Lightly spray hair with water based moisturizing spray or hawaiin silky 14 in 1, use shea butter detangling lotion to bring hair back into a bun, with a little bit of profectiv split end mender on my ends. My hair should be saturated, then use ic brown gel to bring hair into bun or grip using denman brush and separating hair with hands avoid using combs, if have to use a wide tooth.

Take a protein shake.

evening optional co wash, apply growth mix to scalp every 2 days, head massage concentrating on nape and crown areas for 5 to 10 mins, then or spray hair with hawaiin silky 14 in 1 or water based moisturizing spray, then profectiv anti breakage strengthening mega moisturizer on ends. With carrot creame and either castor or coconut oil.

Take vitamins: Chlorella, Spirulina, A-Z Multivitamin, omega 3 fish oil, evening primrose oil, hem seed oil, MSM, garlic oil (used as and when needed)

Friday evening - Loosen hair from protective style, co wash and rinse with a bucket of water (with spoons of honey and coconut or olive oil), then put vatika oil on my hair, place hair in sections, then baggy.

Monthly

clarify hair with Giannini shampoo, co wash with Giannini conditioner, then follow usual deep conditioning routine and oil rinse.

Bimonthly

Trim if needed.

DIET

Cut back on sugar period, and carbs.

members on the challenge are:

lamaria211
Demi 1974
Mz.Shug
Charlie555
Miss AJ
Serenity_Peace
Kerryann
Ms_CoCo37
lusciousladie07
ChocoKitty
stephluv
Dieasha
princessdi
miss Congeniality
ladysaraii
carlana25
CherieMarie
GraceV2
My-Foolish-Heart
LaidBak
sstevenson
sdsmit70
MissTy
lizzyb168
SouthernStunner
niesy942
MaintaintheSexy
NubianQueen
TemiLnd
sheba1
ycammyy
Chaosbutterfly
LondonDiva
Chameleonchick
Austro-Afrikana
BoaterGirlKim
mccray689
Petite One
nakialovesshoes
KatKronicles
Tinkerbell19
virgo_chinwe
LovelyH
TheGrimPhreaker
CICI24
softblackcotton
angeleyez09
LaToya28
Forever in Bloom
slimdownconnie
Mz. Princess
PocketVenus
NJoy
Naphy
AdoraAdora24
Firstborn2
jaded_faerie
Nappy_in_the_City
sparklebh
janetlover04
starrz329
ycammyy
qbfaith
BronxJazzy
SailorWifey

Requirements:

*Please post a starting pic, possibly by the 1st of Jan
*must do monthly pic updates to show hair stage, this will not only be good for you and everyone else you will be able to track and see what you are doing right or wrong in your regime.
*you are able to do whatever works for you, everything that it takes for you to achieve maximum growth, so that means correcting from the inside out!
*post your regimes
*encourage help and assist each other
*post any achievements, discoveries, set backs

Finally good luck and happy hair growing!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

lamaria211

sign me up for this challenge i am eating a hight protein diet, taking hair skin and nail vitamins dcing weekly and using minoval daily with scalp massages
i just need some help measuring my progress and with posting pics

Demi27

Aww what the hell. May I join?

I'm not taking any vitamins other than my chlorella and wheatgrass. I may take a multi-vitamin.

I'm wearing weaves for 2010. I'm unsure about growth aids as of yet. I am going to start working out and eating better as well (just for general health).

ETA: I've decided I will be adding MT to my regimen as well for this challenge.

Last edited:

Mz.Shug

Me too! I don't know what my current growth rate is but I'm praying and remaining optimistic. I'll be egging it, OCT/MT/MN, vitamins, and high protein diet. Not to mention keeping a good hair care regimen.

Starting Pics

Attachments

• Snapshot_20091229.jpg
    Snapshot_20091229.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Snapshot_20091229_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20091229_1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Snapshot_20091229_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20091229_2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Charlie555

I want in! :) I will be working out, drinking plenty water, taking my vitamins (biotin, B complex, fish oil & garlic pill) & applying MN every night or every other night. I have high hopes that 1 inch a month is a realistic goal. Especially once my spring growth spurt kicks in :) I wash & deep condition once a week.

Here my 12.25.09 starting picture:

Last edited:

Miss AJ

I'm in. I've already spiked all my leave-in sprays with sulfur and im washing DCing every 3 days.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I do these things anyway, but since I'm stretching, I need to step up my game and be mindful of diet, water and exercise. :yep:

Ms_CoCo37

I forgot to mention that my starting pic is in my siggy. I'm attempting the high protein low carb diet. I'll up the anty with vitamins and water. I need to get my chunky but in gear and exercise too.

pureebony

Hey Ladies! This is great what I will do is leave it open till the end of the week then close it.

But Im so glad you all wanna join! This helps me as its motivation and a way to get my hair into a better condition.

Neek-a-nator: that's absolutely fine, what i want to do is aim for 1 inch, there will be no wrist bashing if you don't, its a goal, and a strict means of achieving it. So your more than welcome!

I will update the first post with the criteria, my starting pic and my regime on Monday the 28th of December, but the official starting date for the challenge is 31st of December. Is this ok with you all?

xx

comike

You ought to call it GET AN INCH, KEEP AN INCH. I easily get an inch of growth every 4-6 weeks...it's whether I can retain it. Although, I've achieved bra-strap length, I go through spurts of breakage.

pureebony

its still the same concept though you grow in order to keep, but i will address that when i set up the criteria.

thanks!

stephluv

add me in please....i'm currently in hair extensions but i will post a pic when i take them out next month

princessdi

Count me in. I didn't reach my goal of BSL this year (had to cut some because of splitting), so I'm hoping to be there by Spring.:sad:

Ms_CoCo37

Hey Ladies! This is great what I will do is leave it open till the end of the week then close it.

But Im so glad you all wanna join! This helps me as its motivation and a way to get my hair into a better condition.

Neek-a-nator: that's absolutely fine, what i want to do is aim for 1 inch, there will be no wrist bashing if you don't, its a goal, and a strict means of achieving it. So your more than welcome!

I will update the first post with the criteria, my starting pic and my regime on Monday the 28th of December, but the official starting date for the challenge is 31st of December. Is this ok with you all?

xx

Sounds like a plan to me! This will help keep
me accountable.

Last edited:

Demi27

xx

That works for me as well.
My starting pic is in my siggy as well.

ladysaraii

I'm def in.

Vitamins: Bargello's regimen + some extras like chlorella and spirulina
Egg shake
Going to be getting back on the exercise and really taking a long hard look at fixing my diet to a lower carb, high protein
Working on increasing the water intake

Basically I'm hoping that as I shrink, my excess will convert into hair. :D A girl can dream right?

plastic

I'm in. I've already spiked all my leave-in sprays with sulfur and im washing DCing every 3 days.

Are those sprays going to be used on the ends of your hair also ? If so that is a bad badddd idea .. sulfur is very drying and even when used on the scalp it should be followed up with a moisturiser

CherieMarie

Count me in! I plan on stepping up my exercise, use my growth aid mix of MN, sulphur, JBCO, and coconut oil, eating 80% raw foods, and of course keeping on track with my spirulina, chlorella, and msm.

GraceV2

Count me in please. This challenge will definitely keep me accountable & motivated.

ETA: I will not be able to participate after all. HHG ladies!!

Last edited: