***Get an inch every month 2011 challenge anyone?***

Vintagecoilylocks

checking in.

Well I wish pictures could show my progress but here goes.

My longest fringe in feb was 21 and it is now 23inches.

My rear crown longest was 25 it is now 27. My lower rear was 26-27 is now showing 28-29.

Because I am recovering from a major shedding set back I still have alot of hair in those same areas that are much shorter. But at least I see movement and so I know the shorter ones are growing too. I slacked on the sulpher because my DD spilled that last recipe and I was too lazy to make more but will get that done today. I am considering hairinfinity vitamins starting May. The cost is causing some pause right now.

I had switched to a wash in braid regimine and that has really helped with detangle. Also I am straight finger combing. I started leaving alot more conditioner in my hair. Tried a new butter recipe to seal and it is working alot better than my sheaaloe mixture did.

I also increased the amount of protein in my protein pre poo. So far no build up problems. I do CW at least every 4-5 days though and have to detangle hair every other day. So far can not leave braids untouched for more than that.

Well I will check in at the end of June 1 since I willl be away for May 21-31.

:wave:

Last edited:

QueenFee

Hey guys still trying to hang in there as best I can adjusting to a six day work week is hard...As of now my edges are okay not setbacks I've started to apply my house blend to them every other day starting on the 24th of this month. I haven't been using any growth aids or anything else on the scalp just washing and dcing over night once weekly and still dealing with my sta sof fro spray which is keeping my ends soft on the go. Haven't seen much broken hairs which is good...But I have a dilemma....I want to leave my hair a lone for a while so I was thinking of getting a sew in BUT the front of my hair is still THIN!I'm thinking of a partial weave but honestly I have no idea what they look like! LMAO! HELP!

Loverain

Checkin in: Im sorry I have been MIA for awhile.

I dyed my hair so I have realized without growth aids I recieve 1/2 inch a month. I bought some sulfur and mixed it with Dr. Miracles hot growth hair and scalp conditioner
(not the best ingredients, but a great tingle). I just started the sulfur this week so ill let ya'll know if it increases my growth rate.

I also started wearing tiny twist, this is an easy PS. Im in school and I havent been able to focus on my hair lately. This style also lets me apply the oil every night and I can rinse my hair when I need to. Im natural so when I wet it I get these cute spiral curls on the end :) im going to try to keep this style for awhile.

sweetpeadee

Checking in....

I have fallen hard....I even went without my scarf at night for like 5 nights straight!!! I'm completely trying to make up for it though :yep: I've bought some products, henna'd last week, and have been using my sulfur mix!!! I didn't suffer any real damage, but I know I put my growth on pause :perplexed

Some of the products I bought:

Cantu Leave In Conditioning Repair Creme (I used to use this some years ago, but stopped buying for some reason--should have never stopped!!!)

Some sample DCs: Hask Placenta Henna 'n' Placenta (haven't used in a long time); Deity America Extra Strength Deep Penetrating Conditioner for Damaged Hair--Herbal Formula and Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment

I'm still looking for a way to grow my hair without having to do it too much--wigs and weaves are out (I've never had any experiece with them and don't really trust anyone to do my hair--esp. the way some of the women be looking around here :look:). I'm thinking I may do kinky twists again, but I can't seem to find the time between work and school and trying to rest :sad:...

Good luck ladies!!!!!

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm really counting on an inch a month. A couple inches by my birthday in June would be great. I'm back to my original reggie and expecting results. Much success to us all! :yep:

QueenFee

This new work schedule is kicking my backside...I've fell waaaay of....I'm still at BSL...Even tho I've been trimming I haven't trimmed this month so um yeah...I'm thinking about trying the joico K pak for my ends because something has got to give...Edges are progressing nicely tho *Shrug* Anyone have experience with this product? For right now the only growth aid I'm using is Silica...I do Massage MT into my edges when I remember but that is about it. Just started back with my daily cowash since it's warm enough now...Hoping to hit MBL this year...I'm back to being three inches away from MBL...I am ready to get me some Nioxin pills after I'm finished with this silica.

blueberryd

This thread has been kinda quiet lately....How is everyone doin????????????

I got my inch---and ican feel my hair getting heavier :yay:

This month, i trimmed ~.5 inch, started sealing with Hollywood Castor Oil w/ mink, washed hair 1x/week and flat ironed 3 times @ 375 degrees. I was really inconsistent this month with my vitamins...on average I took like 3 nioxin vitamins/week. For May, I will get back on my vitamin reggie (nioxxin, msm, biotin, silica) try to wash my hair every 10 days (instead of 7), and ponytail baggy nightly..

HHJ!! :drunk:

This is from March 29-May 5th....igave myself an extra week of growth b/c of the .5 inch 'trim'.
Will be getting a professional cut/style when I reach the 5inch mark. This lop-sided thang is NOT what's up! lol
[IMG]http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=6955&pictureid=105307[/IMG]

Lita

This thread has been kinda quiet lately....How is everyone doin????????????

I got my inch---and ican feel my hair getting heavier :yay:

This month, i trimmed ~.5 inch, started sealing with Hollywood Castor Oil w/ mink, washed hair 1x/week and flat ironed 3 times @ 375 degrees. I was really inconsistent this month with my vitamins...on average I took like 3 nioxin vitamins/week. For May, I will get back on my vitamin reggie (nioxxin, msm, biotin, silica) try to wash my hair every 10 days (instead of 7), and ponytail baggy nightly..

HHJ!! :drunk:

This is from March 29-May 5th....igave myself an extra week of growth b/c of the .5 inch 'trim'.
Will be getting a professional cut/style when I reach the 5inch mark. This lop-sided thang is NOT what's up! lol
[IMG]http://www.longhaircareforum.com/picture.php?albumid=6955&pictureid=105307[/IMG]

blueberryd Congrats on your inch...Keep growing...

Happy Hair Growing!

Ijanei

Im still in! Going to give myself a treatment later today then flat iron my hair (shh in he no heat challenge). I know for a fact that I gained a few inches in the last few months. Can't wait until I can reveal to you guys. xoxo
How is everyone coming along?

prettyhair73

I think I may have about 3/4 of an inch of hair. By the end of June it'll probably be like 1 1/2 inch. It's really growing.

JessieLeleB

I think I disappeared for like 2.5 months, I had a sew-in and now I'm back to wigs for a while, will be checking back soon....

QueenFee

Hey ladies I'm still hangin in there working 6 days a week aint no joke! I have no energy for anything besides this job but I think my hair is till getting there...

remember I'm still transitioning from heat damaged to natural so it looks like not much progress but I believe my ends are thicker =)

Oh and i didn't do a hard flat iron to make it straight straight I just wanted to see what my ends was looking like. As of now no topical growth aids but i am taking biotin silica complex vitamin C and I will be taking Nioxin hair pills when they come in the mail. Happy growing love!

Last edited:

EllePixie

It seems I've gotten about 3 inches in the past 5 months, which is okay, I think I can do better though...thinking of ways to do this!

lillylovely

Well done to all you girls that have been keeping up with your inch a month regimens. I have fallen off as I was finding that getting an inch a month was possible but it meant that I had to live and breath my hair and well - life got in the way. So I think the last time I paid reall attention to my hair was the last fotki picture in March.

So for the last two months, I'm not even sure my hair has grown an inch as I stopped massaging, stopped taking my vits, stopped sealing. All I've been doing is washing and moisturising.

Anyway, I'm ready to go again, I will start taking my vits tonight and make sure I massage my scalp before I go to bed. HHG!

.:Eden:.

Check In

April 2011
Front: 7.75"
Back: 8"
Left Side: 8.5"
Right Side: 8.5"
Right Bottom: 8"
Left Bottom: 8"

May 2011
Front: 8"
Back: 8.5"
Left Side: 9"
Right Side: 9"
Right Bottom: 8.5"
Left Bottom: 8.5"

Ugh! I'm still not getting to an inch :ohwell:

Ijanei

Haven't check in for a while soooo I can say that at the end of the month I will have gotten about 3-4 inches since Jan. It really blossomed after my trim in March

lillylovely

I fell off again! Even after my last post where I said I was getting back on! So this time I made sure I was back on again before I posted.

I've changed my regimen it is now so simple - I now mositurise with aloe vera juice mixed with sublimed sulphur every day.
I seal with coconut oil or apricot oil - anything thats not stinky.
May or may not super seal ends with grease, Blue Magic or something like that.
Hair is in plaits and wig on top.

I wash once a week with the egg mix, - 2 egg yokes, full fat yoghurt, neem oil, aloe vera gel. Leave in for a few hours and my hair is super soft, strong and moisturised.

That is it. I will update in August with pictures.

JessieLeleB

I realized today that I havent measured my hair since I started started this challenge bc I keep it in protective styles, I'm def gonna post a updated pic when I take this sew-in out.

JessieLeleB

So I took down my sew in and flat ironed my hair for the first time since Feb and my hair is 4 in since my BC has grown about 2.5-3in since Feb, it's not an inch a month but it's growing! Also I stopped taking vitamin, could never remember but I do us my Megatrek/Sulfur mix and 3 times a wee!

Keep ya updated soon!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
How's everyone doing?? My hair has been growing :) Just started the atkinss diet a couple of weeks ago and hoping that the high protein will allow me to get 1 inch per month for the rest of the year.

Good Luck!

prettyhair73

Check in, lots and lots of new growth at the roots. Haven't had it flat ironed since July, probably won't until mid or late September. Doing a hot coconut oil braid up now.

ebsalita

Royalq

good thing you asked - I haven't updated in a while so thanks for prompting me to do so:

I take my pictures every Saturday night and post them to my blog on Sundays as I'm really pushing hard for as much growth as possible. Take a look at the picture below - I began using sulphur on 8th August and have been applying daily and wearing a ski hat to bed to keep my head nice and warm and foster some growth up there while I'm asleep:

I've already got approx 28mm in 19 days, but some of that is due to the shrinkage in the first picture being stretched out in the second picture so yes I think I will make the 1" mark this month as I've still got another 11 days to make progress. I'm really pleased the sulphur etc is working well for me so far, if I carry on going I will make APL by year end just as planned - maybe even longer!

Any more updates from anyone?

Last edited:

lushcoils

Hey ladies, sorry, I had to drop out of the challenge. School got intense. And I just figured out my hair grows about .33 inches a month naturally. So to go from .3 to 1 inch a month is a bit ambitious. It's more realistic for me to strive for .5/month and hope for .75/month if I do everything I'm supposed to do.

I was thinking of doing a modified version of the challenge if I can get myself together before November. I would like .75/month for November and December.

Anyone still in the challenge? There's 2 months left. Let's do it!

Even if you can't get an inch a month, let's strive to do everything on our list to maximize our growth. We have a few days before November to regroup.

Thanks for the bump.

nflight

I would like to do it but I followed along this year and saw no one who got even six inches. Do you know of anyone who posted clear before and afters? I got about 5 inches this year and am hiding my hair until Christmas in hopes of getting a little over an inch to put me at armpit. I didnt protect my end this year but I've had great luck with the green house effect so here's my plan to try and get an inch over the next 6 weeks:

Bargello's vit regimen (I'm pretty consistent)
Washing 1/3wks w/Lavender Byntonite Clay mix (homemade Terressential)*
Castor Oil on my edges morning/night
Princess Leah twist for bed
Green House baggy method

*the clay wash is a detox and literally replaced ALL my products. In the summer I washed and walked out the door with my 4B self - no product and no twists, just lushious coils. Ha!:spinning: Naptural85 demonstrates it in her video.

Haven't figure out my PS yet. May bring back the beehive for the winter! :)

Your hair is beautiful. Where is your reggie posted. How long did it take you to get from armpit to WL?