For those of y'all in Maryland

calbear

For those of y\'all in Maryland

Hi All:

My friend just moved from the Bay Area to Montgomery County. Right now she is in Rockville MD but is moving to Silver Springs MD at the end of the month. She is looking for a place to get a good perm that also focuses on hair care and growing healthy hair (the LHCF way )

Any recs would be great. TIA

ps I posted this in the 'salon review' section as well but wanted to get more answers

Wolftrap

Re: For those of y\'all in Maryland

Calbear the salon I go to is in Wheaton Maryland. The stylists name is Dorqui (pronounced like Dorky). She is Dominican. She does not style very well but her perms and trims are great and she focuses on hair health as well. When I was going to her my hair was very healthy and grew a lot. She used Mizani relaxer she always added something to it that she said was vitamins I don't know what it was but my hair grew like a weed. You can ask her which others relaxers she uses. The only thing is that they charge regular AA salon prices so it is not the usual Dominican salon low prices. The salon is called Sandras I think and the number is 301-589-5100

ms_kenesha

That is a great inspirational album. I wish I knew about her when my hair was relaxed I wouldn't have had so much bad stylist drama! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think Reniece is a licensed hair stylist in that area. I've never been to her, but her album is great. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Reniece's Hair Album

[/ QUOTE ]

Lorraine

- Strands in Wheaton
- Mary's Hairstylists in Silver Spring on Fenton Street (dominican salon)

calbear

Thank you all sooooo much - she is desperate. LHCFers to the rescue /images/graemlins/clap.gif