JESELVIS AND LUISA HAIR SALON IN MARYLAND

Wolftrap

I know some of you MD women have gone to this dominican salon. I was wondering how much they charged you? My friend went there today and she said they charged her $55 for a wash, set, deep condition and trim.
shocked.gif
To me this seems very pricey for a Domincan Salon. I could get a relaxer at a black salon for that. Is this the regular price or what? I have gone to another Dominican salon in MD and they charged me $35 for all of that. Please let me know. Thanks

Is this the same salon in Silver Spring? I'm supposed to go to some Dominican Salon off of Piney Branch.

Also, I'm a natural. Just getting my hair blown and pressed for a wedding next week. I'm a little scared.

Has any naturals gotten their hair pressed? Do they do a good job?

Oh somethings wrong I got a wash/set/blow-dry for $30 or $35. Maybe the deep condition was $10 and the trim was $10.

I went but I think I went to jaselvis (up the street). I'm not sure if it was the right salon. It was on piney branch anywho and I got a wash/trim/rollerset/blow-out/wrap and was only charged $25.
grin.gif
And was very pleased with the results .. I still need to go back there and find out the real name of the place ..

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
Oh somethings wrong I got a wash/set/blow-dry for $30 or $35. Maybe the deep condition was $10 and the trim was $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was the case then that is still expensive. I don't know what was up with that.

Yes this is the same place. I didn't know Dominicans did press and curl though. That is new on me. Did you call them to verify that they did this?

I just called there for her. Her hair is natural and it is long. They said it is $35 for long hair and $10 for the trim and for a deep conditioner it is 5, 10 or 15 depending on the product you want to use. Geez I'm just not used to paying that much from the Dominican Salon. That just seemed a little pricey to me.

I don't know if any are metro accessible. The only thing I can do is give you the addresses and you can find out by calling the MD transit authority. Jeselvis address is 8480 Piney Branch Road Silver Spring, MD. The other one I go to I'm not sure of the name but their phone number is 301-589-5100. They can give you the address.

They've probably raised their prices becuase of the high demand. And really theycan do it becuase they have very little competition.

My pictures from my blowout is now in my signature. I have to ride by there this weekend no matter what to try to get the name of this place.

I just did a search on msn yellow pages and this is where I think I went:

Estela's Hair Salon
8728C Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring, MD 20901
(301) 445-5569

Mind you they only had one or two dryers to sit under but their clientele was all hispanics and most of them were men.

Wolftrap, are you from NY? Many of the NY girls say that Dominican salons are WAY cheaper up there than in the MD/DC/VA area.

Also, can someone set us straight? Are there TWO Jeselvis salons in SS? On Piney Branch? There has been confusion in the past as to which salon is the one all the DC girls rave about!

[ QUOTE ]
Lengthwanted said:
My pictures from my blowout is now in my signature. I have to ride by there this weekend no matter what to try to get the name of this place.

Estela's Hair Salon
(301) 445-5569

Mind you they only had one or two dryers to sit under but their clientele was all hispanics and most of them were men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair looks quite lovely!!!!
drunk.gif
grin.gif
Are you natural? Do you know if they handle natural hair? My hair is about 8-9" inches in most areas.

Thanks so much. (I guess I could just call. Just lazy! LOL)

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lengthwanted said:

Estela's Hair Salon
(301) 445-5569

[/ QUOTE ]

drunk.gif
grin.gif
Are you natural? Do you know if they handle natural hair? My hair is about 8-9" inches in most areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

LON - I'm natural with the same hairtype and I've gotten a press there. The press was OK. The ends were straight, but because she was using a curling iron (and not a flat iron), my roots were not exactly straight in some places. Overall, it was pretty good (definitely worth the money), but it didn't last as long as other presses I've had.

FYI for whoever asked, it's not really a press, it's actually a really straight and then going over it lightly with marcel curling irons.

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
Also, can someone set us straight? Are there TWO Jeselvis salons in SS? On Piney Branch? There has been confusion in the past as to which salon is the one all the DC girls rave about!

[/ QUOTE ]
JASELVIS - On Piney Branch

LUISA'S - On Ramsey Ave -the building was destroyed due to a fire - the last I heard, the ladies from LUISA'S were at JASELVIS (Jaselvis and Luisa are sisters).

HTH

I live in NY-upstate and I can definetly say that prices up here are much cheaper. I get a wash, set condition, and trim for $20 and im thinking that there may even be some places in the city where you can it cheaper than that.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:

[/ QUOTE ]
JASELVIS - On Piney Branch

LUISA'S - On Ramsey Ave -the building was destroyed due to a fire - the last I heard, the ladies from LUISA'S were at JASELVIS (Jaselvis and Luisa are sisters).

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Allandra for clearing that up!
clap.gif

Ive been to Luisa's- right across the street from Silver Spring metro station and Jaselvis- on Piney Branch road. Both places charged me $35.00.

I've been to Luisa's, before it burned down. I was only charged $35. I was so disappointed when I saw that Luisa's and Carolina Kitchen (my favorite soul food restaurant) had burned down. Hopefully, they'll rebuild that area.

Just make sure that Lusia or Carmen style your hair. I went recently and this wash girl did my blow-out and she didn't know what the hell she was doing
mad.gif
I swear my hair looks a little thinner too... I am mad that I didn't speak up... I told her that I wanted Lusia to style my hair, and she was like who's that, and I said Alex's mom and she said oh... She looked a little disappointed, so I was like go ahead cause Luisa was doing a touch-up, and I was already running late..... NEVER AGAIN

[ QUOTE ]
Keisha_gurl said:
lengthwanted, ur hair is sooo pretty!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you!
grin.gif
I haven't thought of it being pretty lately with all the problems I'm going through with it right now.

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lengthwanted said:

Estela's Hair Salon
(301) 445-5569

[/ QUOTE ]

drunk.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. No I am not natural. I was at 8 weeks post relaxer when I got that done. This was my first dominican experience. I was going to Jeselvis and just happened to stumble upon this place not knowing I was in the WRONG place
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
. Anyhow, I do not know if they do natural hair but I'm sure you can call and ask. Carmen was the person that did my hair.

By the way, I plan on going back there on Friday next week to get it done again b4 I go out of town. I will be at 12 weeks post relaxer then.

Back