EVIL PEOPLE ARE REAL! THIS IS WHY I DON'T LEAVE MY HAIR PRODUCTS LAYING AROUND!

empressri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD8ZHW03N4Y&feature=relmfu

I don't know if this has been stated, but what kind of nair/hair remover was this? To make you have permanent hair loss? I've "naired" same areas time and time again and it ALWAYS grows back. I believe her, but i wonder how long she left it on with out feeling the burning? And did she rub it into her scalp? Serious hair loss for sure...but permanent balding??

Reading the top comment of this clip also made me think...

ETA: I see it was pink lotion so maybe she did "grease" her scalp with it.

Yeah if you leave the ish on long enough, there's no telling what it can do. That stuff has given some folks chemical burns.

greenandchic

I don't know if this has been stated, but what kind of nair/hair remover was this? To make you have permanent hair loss? I've "naired" same areas time and time again and it ALWAYS grows back. I believe her, but i wonder how long she left it on with out feeling the burning? And did she rub it into her scalp? Serious hair loss for sure...but permanent balding??

"Products such as Nair often combine softening agents such as mineral oil to help offset the harsh active ingredients. Some of the important active ingredients are Calcium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide.

Calcium hydroxide, traditionally called slaked lime, hydrated lime, slack lime, or pickling lime, is a chemical compound with the formula Ca(OH)2. (Concentrated) Calcium Hydroxide qualifies as Health Level 3 on the "Diamond" of the NFPA 704, a standard maintained by the U.S.-based National Fire Protection Association.

Behind it is the even stronger Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, which is a caustic metallic (alkali) base.
Both chemicals act to break down the structure of the hair deep into the root, delaying regrowth up to several weeks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nair_(hair_removal)

Just like a relaxer if its left on long enough, it can permanently damage the skin/scalp/hair follicle.

My Friend

Actually, it would make BOTH parents responsible. She would have to sue her husband as well; which is why she's between a rock and a hard place.

Suing the DH shouldnt matter. They live together so when he gives me his portion it could go back into the house fund or if I really needed it for my hair, than so be it.

My Friend

greenandchic "Products such as Nair often combine softening agents such as mineral oil to help offset the harsh active ingredients. Some of the important active ingredients are Calcium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide.

Behind it is the even stronger Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, which is a caustic metallic (alkali) base.
Both chemicals act to break down the structure of the hair deep into the root, delaying regrowth up to several weeks."

So Nair is really a relaxer for the legs, arms, armpit, upper lip etc?

greenandchic

greenandchic "Products such as Nair often combine softening agents such as mineral oil to help offset the harsh active ingredients. Some of the important active ingredients are Calcium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide.

So Nair is really a relaxer for the legs, arms, armpit, upper lip etc?

More concentrated. I remember when I tried Nair once years ago, it slicked down the hair I was trying to get rid of. I didn't leave it on long enough to remove it because it was starting to burn my skin.

Seamonster

I think since the product was mixed into another product that would make it weaker, so it might not have the strong burn. Secondly, when we apply nair we are expecting it to burn, whereas if we put pink on the scalp and went to bed, I bet it could do some damage before one became aware there was a problem. Thirdly, once it started burning, she didn't know why, so she may have avoided water thinking it would increase the problem, until it was too late.

My Friend

I think since the product was mixed into another product that would make it weaker, so it might not have the strong burn. Secondly, when we apply nair we are expecting it to burn, whereas if we put pink on the scalp and went to bed, I bet it could do some damage before one became aware there was a problem. Thirdly, once it started burning, she didn't know why, so she may have avoided water thinking it would increase the problem, until it was too late.

Especially if the stepmom was on Youtube or some site about growing hair, she may have interrupted the stinging, itching, warmth as a sign of hair growth. She may have left it on overnight as a deep conditioning treatment.

Giselle685

Since when does love not issue consequences? Stepmom loves the stepdaughter so she further embarrasses her own self by going on national tv? She should have pressed charges. I don't see the stepdaughter as hurting. If this story is even true, the daughter meant what she did and the act was contemplated. She showed no sign of remorse so she gon' learnta'day.

yorkpatties

I believe in karma, and it makes me calm to think that little bi$h will be running around with 2 strands on her head one day. :creatures

I wish Step-Mom found her way to LHCF, because those extensions can't be helping her already severely damaged scalp. :nono:

HappilyLiberal

Suing the DH shouldnt matter. They live together so when he gives me his portion it could go back into the house fund or if I really needed it for my hair, than so be it.

But she was living with them at the time... I'm not clear the mom would even be forced to pay since she was under dad and stepmom's control at the time.

Anakinsmomma

Bunnyhaslonghair said:

Then Destiny has the nerve to have all that pretty hair just swanging! I'm mad that I like the hairstyle in this clip! Someone sign her up for St. Baldricks

Anakinsmomma

yorkpatties said:
I believe in karma, and it makes me calm to think that little bi$h will be running around with 2 strands on her head one day. :creatures

I wish Step-Mom found her way to LHCF, because those extensions can't be helping her already severely damaged scalp. :nono:

:yep: She better enjoy her hair while she has it.

I wonder why stepmom isn't wearing wigs?

yorkpatties

I wonder why stepmom isn't wearing wigs?

So many of us are stuck in the "braids grow my hair" mentality that they don't realize what it's doing to their scalp. Or she may have felt ashamed in wigs because they have to come off sometime. She made a quick comment about having to "hide from her husband" and that may have been what she was alluding to.

SUPER SWEET

:nono: I would be questioning my daughter to see if that demon had ever done anything to her. She could never be around me again. Step-mom must have a nice family because I know my neices and cousins would have torn her to smittherines after the show even if I didn't. So there would have been another show about retaliation.

I wanted to punch her dad and mom in the face.....

*Frisky*

A wig looks like a wig on me. I've tried all kinds.

Even the short ones? I think the mom would look cute with like The Mommy wig or something that style. Why do folks always have to take the route of having long hair even if it's braids.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I think she blames for the step mom for the break up. I'm sorry, but it sounds like she is doing her mother's bidding. I would not have hid the damage for as long as she did. I'm not buying her tears. The girl knows how to act. When she laughed, that did it for me.:ohwell: If she can do this without remorse, she can poison food...or worse.:nono: She did warn him to protect his wife from her. I believe she will do worse in the future or have done worse to her without her knowledge. This is just the beginning of her lies. Who knows what other deeper lies this child will do in the future?

ms.mimi

hmmmm She doesn't do this to daddy dearest but does this to step mom? Why not Dad? He's the one that left, doesn't pay child support, etc., etc, etc. I'll tell you why, cause she knows better. That's why!

After learning it was precious Destiny, Hubby would have to literally kiss my behind FOREVER. If he couldn't or wouldn't, DIVORCE time!
Next, he would not be allowed to tell his ex wife or daughter our home phone number or address, cause we're moving out of town. Who knows if she'll decide to cut your brake lines, shoot up your house, poison your animals, etc....
Finally HIS daughter could never step foot in our home or in my presence EVER! And to make sure that happened I would file for an order of protection against the ex wife AND the daughter.

bride91501

But she was living with them at the time... I'm not clear the mom would even be forced to pay since she was under dad and stepmom's control at the time.

I was late to pick my kids up from school watching this episode of Dr. Drew...just a mess :nono:

I think they came on the show for the lie detector- to get absolute proof that she did it (or not), since it had been such an issue of contention in the family for so many years

The child was living with stepmom and dad at the time she did this, so I'm side-eying mom for claiming he never took care of her. Did SHE pay child support when Destiny lived with dad? :rolleyes:

Miss Destiny is 18 now- fully grown- at the time this was taped. That's all ima say to stepmom :yep:

LovelyNaps26

Trini_Chutney my mother also said not to throw hair outside or in the garbage because

a - if a bird took it up and used it to make a nest, I would go crazy
b - ppl will use it to obeah me

lol I guess she just has a thing with hair.

LOL the head tied with red cloth and cream soda :lachen: tell tail signs of a lil obeah dabbling.

as a little girl when my mom was combing my hair and the comb would accidentally drop on the floor she would immediately step on the comb, then rinse it out. stepping on the comb was to prevent hair loss :lol:

Khaiya

My bff and i thought about putting Nair in some of her condish as a trap for a lady who liked to "borrow" stuff. She'd borrow shampoo and condish, throw like half of it or so into another bottle and then fill it up with water to make it seem she didn't use much. Didn't end up doing it tho.

Also i agree that she didn't come up with that idea on her own, i'm sure her mom helped in some way.

Last edited:

Ayesha81

SMH. Right now daughter has evil intentions so she she needs to stay away from dad and stepmom until she has changed for the better it could be a year from now or 20 years from now.......

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
You guys are forgetting something.....Internet access! She probably got all of the instructions from some chat, or Google or something. It's not like when we were kids...today's children can find out Anything. The Step-Mom is lucky the evil little heifer didn't mix up something worse!!

And this is what happens when all the Parents aren't playing nicely on the same team...the child ends up having WAY more power than they're supposed to, to their own detriment. That at 18, this girl is Laughing about hurting her Stepmom badly 8yrs ago, and causing lasting damage, tells me that Every Single Adult around her has Failed. Total Parenting FAIL!