I'm having major breakage I don't know what to do

Curves33

These are my steps on wash day
-Pre-poo with oils
-NTM Cream Lather Poo
-Aphogee 2 min recon.
-DC with Miss Keys or Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol mixed with oils & honey sit under dryer for 30-40 mins
-Aphogee Green tea leave-in
-Aphogee Pro-v leave-in
-NTM leave-in
-IC heat protectant
-Rollerset & sit under the dryer

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong why my hair is still breaking I have used the Aphogee products 3 times I have noticed the breakage right after the first time I used these products. I was wondering if I should leave the protein alone for a little while. Please any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

shasha8685

You might be using a little too much protein. You should ease up on some of the protein products in your regimen. Are you noticing any other issues? Does your hair hold on to moisture pretty well? Are you manipulating it a lot?

Curves33

You might be using a little too much protein. You should ease up on some of the protein products in your regimen. Are you noticing any other issues? Does your hair hold on to moisture pretty well? Are you manipulating it a lot?

That is the only change that I have noticed is the breakage my hair doesn't hold on to moisture I have not been manipulating my hair a lot...
BTW love ur hair cut...

Austro-Afrikana

In my opinion it doesn't seem like a good idea to use 4 different leave ins together, nor to mix conditioners: use one or the other.

blackpearl81

In my opinion it doesn't seem like a good idea to use 4 different leave ins together, nor to mix conditioners: use one or the other.

I agree....also, it looks like you're using too many protein products at once...maybe you should incorporate co-washing into you reggie...HTH!

Denise11

I agree with the other ladies. Clarify and cut down on your product usage. You really only need 1 water based leave-in or moisturizer. Another thing, I've tried pre-pooing and it never really did anything for me. Does it really help your hair? Maybe you should take a look at all of the products you use and really consider what products and procedures (example: pre-pooing, protein, moisturizer, etc) so that maybe you can take out some of the stuff youre doing. Keeping it simple works!

LaidBak

Drop the Aphogee 2 min. Add a moisturizing conditioner and use Porosity control (you can mix them). Or use Joico Intense Hydrator which will moisturize and correct your pH.
Also, too many leave-ins. Ditch the green tea and one other.

gymfreak336

I think you are just doing a little bit too much. All the pre-poo, two conditioners, 4 leave ins....try decreasing your product usage.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
These are my steps on wash day
-Pre-poo with oils
-NTM Cream Lather Poo
-Aphogee 2 min recon.
-DC with Miss Keys or Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol mixed with oils & honey sit under dryer for 30-40 mins
-Aphogee Green tea leave-in
-Aphogee Pro-v leave-in
-NTM leave-in
-IC heat protectant
-Rollerset & sit under the dryer

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong why my hair is still breaking I have used the Aphogee products 3 times I have noticed the breakage right after the first time I used these products. I was wondering if I should leave the protein alone for a little while. Please any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Too much protein. Cut the protein out until your hair returns to normal, then try to rotate it in maybe once or twice a month.

And as everyone else has said, too many products.

Shampoo (if you poo)
Reconstructor only as needed
Deep condition
Leave in.

CoCoGirl821

Too much protein. Cut the protein out until your hair returns to normal, then try to rotate it in maybe once or twice a month.

Shampoo (if you poo)
Deep condition
Leave in.

I have a problem with breakage that is heritary (sp?) but I noticed that when I used protien everyother week it helped and I had no breakage and vertually no shedding. But one golden rule to hair care is too much of a good thing can be bad. Definately mix it up a little.

Curves33

I think you are just doing a little bit too much. All the pre-poo, two conditioners, 4 leave ins....try decreasing your product usage.

I will do that as well I thought what I was doing was good for my hair I guess I was wrong. Everything I read that someone used I bought it. Thank u for the advise.

Curves33

Shampoo (if you poo)
Deep condition
Leave in.

I'm going to cut out the protein altogether at least for now. Do you think I should cut out the oils as well?

Curves33

I agree with the other ladies. Clarify and cut down on your product usage. You really only need 1 water based leave-in or moisturizer. Another thing, I've tried pre-pooing and it never really did anything for me. Does it really help your hair? Maybe you should take a look at all of the products you use and really consider what products and procedures (example: pre-pooing, protein, moisturizer, etc) so that maybe you can take out some of the stuff youre doing. Keeping it simple works!

Honestly speaking Denise11 I don't see the pre-pooing doing anything for my hair.. It's just adding more time spent doing my hair I'll cut that out as well.

Girl that green tea leave in by aphogee was making my hair hard to do, so I got rid of it, but I agree with a lot of the ladies......don't ditch the oils, just take a break from the protein and try to do more moisturizing...I hope something helps......... :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Major Breakage? :nono: That always "frightens" me, since I had a Major Casualty from Improper Neutralization & Overprocessing.:nono:

I am assuming you are relaxed?(b/c you referenced rollersetting) When was your last relaxer? Were you Neutralized properly?:perplexed

I would shampoo with a Color Coded Neutralizing Shampoo just to ensure that I have all the relaxer out of my hair and to be on the safe side. Then I would clarify. I would Moisturize with a good moisturizing Conditioner. Once I got the Breakage under Control, I start incorporating some of my lighter/medium proteins products back into my Regimen. 1 Not 3:yep:.

Breakage is a serious matter especially when you don't know exactly what's causing it or How To Stop it.:ohwell: It can feel Overwhelming. Keep us posted on your progess.:yep:

Curves33

Girl that green tea leave in by aphogee was making my hair hard to do, so I got rid of it, but I agree with a lot of the ladies......don't ditch the oils, just take a break from the protein and try to do more moisturizing...I hope something helps......... :)

Can you recommend a good moisturizing conditioner? I'm definitely going to take a break from the protein.

Curves33

Major Breakage? :nono: That always "frightens" me, since I had a Major Casualty from Improper Neutralization & Overprocessing.:nono:

I am assuming you are relaxed?(b/c you referenced rollersetting) When was your last relaxer? Were you Neutralized properly?:perplexed

I would shampoo with a Color Coded Neutralizing Shampoo just to ensure that I have all the relaxer out of my hair and to be on the safe side. Then I would clarify. I would Moisturize with a good moisturizing Conditioner. Once I got the Breakage under Control, I start incorporating some of my lighter/medium proteins products back into my Regimen. 1 Not 3:yep:.

Breakage is a serious matter especially when you don't know exactly what's causing it or How To Stop it.:ohwell: It can feel Overwhelming. Keep us posted on your progess.:yep:

You are so right about it being a serious matter because it has me stressed my progress was going good until the Aphogee . I am relaxed I'm 3 weeks post relaxer I don't mess around with relaxer I neutralize like 5 times. I'm going to give the protein up for a little while. What moisturizing conditioner do you use?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You are so right about it being a serious matter because it has me stressed my progress was going good until the Aphogee . I am relaxed I'm 3 weeks post relaxer I don't mess around with relaxer I neutralize like 5 times. I'm going to give the protein up for a little while. What moisturizing conditioner do you use?

First Stop Stressing. I know it's easier said than done.

You can always Deep Condition with an Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or AO White Cameila. Both are very soothing. And will definitely put some of the Moisture back into your hair. And they don't contain Protein. You should look for something Very Rich & Creamy and Penetrating. To put the Moisture back in. Alot of the Ladies like Kenra as well. You may have to look at a Couple of Threads for Moisturizing Conditioners to get some suggestions too.

I like SheScentIt Banana Brulee. I recently purchased Hairveda SitriNillah. Alot of Ladies here Love this Conditioner. It looks very moisturizing and very soothing (but I haven't used that one yet). The Aubrey's are also pretty popular for Moisturizing Conditioners.

Personally I always DC no less than 30 minutes or an hour. And I always use heat.

Newtogrow

Sorry about your hair trauma. I have been dealing with major hair breakage following a "softener" a stylist put into my hair.

I did find that Roux Porosity Control helped my hair to retain moisture after deep conditioning. This was done after protein treatments and products.

Ultimately, cutting breakage has been the best answer (not advising you to cut) for me because I had major holes in my strands. But I continue to co-wash and use RPC.

I didn't cut much so I am still dealing with the holes in my hair.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Curves33

First Stop Stressing. I know it's easier said than done.

You can always Deep Condition with an Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or AO White Cameila. Both are very soothing. And will definitely put some of the Moisture back into your hair. And they don't contain Protein. You should look for something Very Rich & Creamy and Penetrating. To put the Moisture back in. Alot of the Ladies like Kenra as well. You may have to look at a Couple of Threads for Moisturizing Conditioners to get some suggestions too.

I like SheScentIt Banana Brulee. I recently purchased Hairveda SitriNillah. Alot of Ladies here Love this Conditioner. It looks very moisturizing and very soothing (but I haven't used that one yet). The Aubrey's are also pretty popular for Moisturizing Conditioners.

Personally I always DC no less than 30 minutes or an hour. And I always use heat.

I'm trying not to stress but my progress was going well until I used that dang Aphogee where can I get the Aubrey Organics? Is SheScentIt is that something I can buy @ a BSS?

Curves33

Sorry about your hair trauma. I have been dealing with major hair breakage following a "softener" a stylist put into my hair.

I did find that Roux Porosity Control helped my hair to retain moisture after deep conditioning. This was done after protein treatments and products.

Ultimately, cutting breakage has been the best answer (not advising you to cut) for me because I had major holes in my strands. But I continue to co-wash and use RPC.

I didn't cut much so I am still dealing with the holes in my hair.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I couldn't find the Roux PC but I did find the Revlon PC is that just as good? How often do you use it? If my hair continues to break I'm going to have no choice but to cut my hair which I really don't want to do that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm trying not to stress but my progress was going well until I used that dang Aphogee where can I get the Aubrey Organics? Is SheScentIt is that something I can buy @ a BSS?

The AO you can find at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, The Vitamin Shop, or any Health Food Store you may have in your area. You can also order it on-line at vitacost.

The SheScentIt is something you have to order on-line. There is a recent Thread about it and the 25% off Sale they were/are having. Hairveda is also something you have to order on-line.