Real deal or Knockoff???

juicy555

I just bought 2 products I've never bought b4, from a BSS I'm not familiar with. So with all the talk of some BSS selling fake products as the real thing, I'm hoping y'all can ease my paranoid mind.

The 2 products are:

Queen Helene Garlic shampoo and Motions CPR Treatment conditioner.

I usually check to see if products are factory sealed b4 buying, but today I was in a hurry with toddler running all over BSS. So when I get home I see neither is sealed. Is this normal for these 2 products? Also the shampoo has a slight, very subtle aroma even though it says "Unscented" on bottle, it smells almost like a baby wash product, and is clear and not very thick.

The CPR smells like bananas and has chunky little things in it.

If anyone is familiar with these products please help! Hurry my hair is shedding as I type this.:( I was all set to do some hair TLC and now I'm not sure... so if either or both are usually factory sealed let me know and I'll be returning tomorrow!

Also, if you too are wondering is it real or knockoff feel free to jack this thread so we can all refer to it as time goes on. :lol:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

From your description it sounds like the real deal. The Queen Helene garlic shampoo is never sealed when I buy it and it doesn't really have a strong garlic smell as Nutrine Garlic shampoo. As for the Motions CPR, I have never used it before but I remember when this lady saw me in the product section of a store she was asking me what do I recommend for her hair. I asked her what products was she currently using for her deep conditioner. She told me that was a faithful user of the Motions CPR but she wanted to try other things so I gave her some suggestions and tips. But I told her that if the CPR is working for her then stick to it. So in the end she decided to go with the CPR and she made me help her open all the jars of CPR to find the one with the most in it because she wanted her money's worth:look::grin:. None of the jars were sealed. I do remember that it had some brown stuff in it like herbs that you see in African Pride hair oil and it smelled really delicious.:)

juicy555

Thank you Classyebonygirl! :wave: I feel so much better. Now I'm off to do something about this massive shedding!

LovelyLionessa

I used to use Motions CPR and as ClassEbonyGirl said it's not sealed. It does smell yummy and has all those bits of herbs and things in it.