Elbow length

Aireen

I'm 5'3" and my elbow falls somewhere between my waist and hips, right above my belly button. I would love to be that length after I reach my goal of waist length first if I can handle all that hair and don't feel like cutting. :grin:

Nonie

i'm 5'9 & my elbows fall between waist & hip ( about 3 inches below my natural waist, & about two inches above my hip bones). i actually think elbow length is a great length measurement -- not too long, & nowhere near short:grin::grin::grin::grin:, lol, but i gotta reach tricep length first before i can even think about that. tricep equals about midback for me.:perplexed:drunk::ohwell::grin:

I think y'all are seeing something different on yourselves from what an outside observer might see. Tkj25, I was in your texturized-to-perm album and your elbows look like they are higher than you describe.

jwhitley6

Nonie you gonna stop indirectly calling me names! First you called me a freak because I'm extra hairy now you callin me a monkey lol I have an extremely short torso with very long arms and legs lol I'm supposed to be like 7 ft but my torso wouldn't grow anymore. So elbow length=hip length!!!

There's probably like 3 inches in between my rip cage and my hip bone and my elbow is def at that hip bone...maybe half an inch higher. I'm a freak! :nono:

I'm 5'7" with long arms and my elbow is also a hip bone. :yep: So we're Nikkos' orangutan cousins. :lachen: Finger-tip length is 4 inches above my knees. :look:

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
OP I understand just what you are talking about. I have long arms and legs, but my torso seems to be shorter in comparison(I'm 5'10 and can't see over the steering wheel). My elbow is just under my natural waist about an inch or so. I remember this pic of a model, her hair looked full wl, but the way she was sitting her hair touched her elbows. Since then she has been my hair inspiration and I've vowed that I won't stop actively growing my hair until it reaches my elbows.

I can't see over the wheel either but I'm 5'4" ish but my legs are more than 60% of my body so I look tall. OP my elbow is only about an inch above my belly button but that's 4 inches from my hip and only 2 from my ribcage.
Add this thread to the thread that had me measuring my head and you would think I was shaped like a cartoon.

Janet'

Lawd...if I can make it to MBL this year I'll be happy...Then, I'll work on Elbow Length, lol!!!

tkj25

I think y'all are seeing something different on yourselves from what an outside observer might see. Tkj25, I was in your texturized-to-perm album and your elbows look like they are higher than you describe.

nope, i think it depends on where your waist falls, or what you consider your waist. :):):) i have a high waist. in that pic, my waist (narrowest part of my torso) is about 2 in under my pocket. the crease is my elbow. the belt is where my hips are ... or at least about ... lol, my belt looks a little high in that pic.

tkj25

"lol, im aiming for nipple length right now. 2 more inches!!"

lol, me too! :):):)

Last edited:

Kurlee

Nonie you gonna stop indirectly calling me names! First you called me a freak because I'm extra hairy now you callin me a monkey lol I have an extremely short torso with very long arms and legs lol I'm supposed to be like 7 ft but my torso wouldn't grow anymore. So elbow length=hip length!!!

There's probably like 3 inches in between my rip cage and my hip bone and my elbow is def at that hip bone...maybe half an inch higher. I'm a freak! :nono:
This me as well. Long arse arms.

aa9746

Its so funny because thats my goal length too. lol Elbow length stand up!! lol Every time I look at my length check pics I think "if I can only get to right around where my elbows end, then that would be the perfect length for me. I thought I was the only one who thought this. lol

me too:) I've been thinking about elbow length