Elbow length

Quailbird

So I know this isn't an actual length according to the chart, but I set this as my new goal length. For me that means my hair will fall between waist and hip length. I know it probably doesn't mean much to you ladies, but I thought I'd share. And let me know where elbow length would be on you using other parts, such as your waist, belly button, etc.? Tis all and thanks for reading?

omachine

elbow length is a heck of a goal...goodluck quailbird!! i was full elbow length once and i hope to get there again....

makeupvixen

It sounds like a good goal. I'm hoping to reach BSL by New Years Eve, I'm about 2 inches away. I'm going to be using the bun methos and using Bee Mine Growth Serum, what I you going to use? I was thinking about investing in a steamer but I'm waiting for the Black Friday sales.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nonie

My elbows are at my hip bone which is my goal anyway...so Im going for elbow length too!

LOL, y'all killing me with your elbows falling on different parts parts of your body. :lachen::lachen: You have me picturing long arms like those of an orangutan talking about your elbows being way low:

Even people with a short torso don't have elbows that low. Y'all would have to show me a pic and then an arrow pointing at what part of your body you call an elbow. :lol:

For me elbow length is right by my waist (looks that way to me on you too OP). Kinda like this:

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Nonie you gonna stop indirectly calling me names! First you called me a freak because I'm extra hairy now you callin me a monkey lol I have an extremely short torso with very long arms and legs lol I'm supposed to be like 7 ft but my torso wouldn't grow anymore. So elbow length=hip length!!!

There's probably like 3 inches in between my rip cage and my hip bone and my elbow is def at that hip bone...maybe half an inch higher. I'm a freak! :nono:

Last edited:

Nonie

Nonie you gonna stop indirectly calling me names! First you called me a freak because I'm extra hairy now you callin me a monkey lol I have an extremely short torso with very long arms and legs lol I'm supposed to be like 7 ft but my torso wouldn't grow anymore. So elbow length=hip length!!!

:kiss: You know I mean no harm. When did I call you a freak? :rofl: I must love you loads.

Girl, you better call it hip length then, coz when I hear elbow, I'll be just assuming you've got to waist-length when you're way past it. Stick to the old script. Hip length sounds more impressive than elbow. :yep:

Aww...you're not a freak. You're unique; one of a kind. :)

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

:kiss: You know I mean no harm. When did I call you a freak? :rofl: I must love you loads.

Girl, you better call it hip length then, coz when I hear elbow, I'ma be just assuming you've got just waist-length when you're way past it. Stick to the old script. Hip length sounds more impressive than elbow. :yep:

lol you didn't call me a freak. I forgot what the thread was about...maybe terminal growth for body hairs or something idk...but you said hairy people were freaks and you mentioned monkeys again lol

Nonie

lol you didn't call me a freak. I forgot what the thread was about...maybe terminal growth for body hairs or something idk...but you said hairy people were freaks and you mentioned monkeys again lol

:dead: You're killing me. :lachen: :lachen: I didn't even realize you had said your body hair was long. Bwahahahh!

I would never say such a thing! :angel: It wasn't me; I was possessed by an wicked spirit. :hide:

FRESHstart101

LOL, y'all killing me with your elbows falling on different parts parts of your body. :lachen::lachen: You have me picturing long arms like those of an orangutan talking about your elbows being way low:

Even people with a short torso don't have elbows that low. Y'all would have to show me a pic and then an arrow pointing at what part of your body you call an elbow. :lol:

For me elbow length is right by my waist (looks that way to me on you too OP). Kinda like this:

lmfaooo, monkey's just seem to follow me in this forum

mEmYSELFaNDj

Its so funny because thats my goal length too. lol Elbow length stand up!! lol Every time I look at my length check pics I think "if I can only get to right around where my elbows end, then that would be the perfect length for me. I thought I was the only one who thought this. lol

SingBrina

Hey this is a great idea! I will set this as my goal, thats an awesome landmark for a length lololol! Thanks! I need to measure later and see how far I am from it

Spring

elbow is definitely my marker to reach for claiming wl :yep:... using fat rolls and the narrowest part of your torso can be very unreliable on people like me :lol:

Quailbird

For those that asked, I'm five feet. my elbows fall right between my hip and waist. I'm excited to get there too. I'm getting close to waistlength. So I'll say full elbow length June 2011. :grin:
Take that back. Looking at my siggy and my elbow seems to fall around my waist. But in real life, I think it looks a little longer. :perplexed

Nonie

For those that asked, I'm five feet. my elbows fall right between my hip and waist. I'm excited to get there too. I'm getting close to waistlength. So I'll say full elbow length June 2011. :grin:
Take that back. Looking at my siggy and my elbow seems to fall around my waist. But in real life, I think it looks a little longer. :perplexed

I was gonna say! :confused: It does look like it's at the same spot. Girl, I had to draw lines to make sure I'm not seeing parallax coz I'm not seeing that halfway between waist and hips...unless you're looking down and describing what you see from above. :giggle:

Gigi-07

My elbows are at the point where the bent is in this graphic. The funny bones meet the hip bones.

My arms are kinda long (My middle finger falls 4 in. above my knees with my arms to the sides). And I'm not that tall (5'6").

Gigi-07

These are supposedly the normal human proportions. I'm assuming most of y'all's arms are nice and normal like the woman. My arm lengths are closer to those of the man.
Maybe I'm not a monkey, but a dude. lol.

Nonie

My elbows are at the point where the bent is in this graphic. The funny bones meet the hip bones.

My arms are kinda long (My middle finger falls 4 in. above my knees with my arms to the sides). And I'm not that tall (5'6").

Girl, that example isn't good coz when one does that position, it's normal to sorta shorten the torso on the side where the arm is down. Even in that image, you can see that side is sorta crunched while the other side is held up straight. If she straightened her spine she'd be back to normal.

I need you to have someone take a photo of you... coz even in the diagrams you posted, that dude's elbow is at his waist (same level as the woman). You can gauge the position of his elbow by the position of the crease in the front of his arm, which is at his waist level and at the woman's waist level.

Methinks you are seeing things askewed like OP was. :p

LaFemmeNaturelle

Yup my middle finger is 4 inches from my knees as well and Im 5'6.....but I'm gonna keep the monkey title because I dont wanna be a man lol Nonie I will post a pic one of these days. Too lazy right now and I'm wearing an empire waist dress anyway

bludaydreamr

OP I understand just what you are talking about. I have long arms and legs, but my torso seems to be shorter in comparison(I'm 5'10 and can't see over the steering wheel). My elbow is just under my natural waist about an inch or so. I remember this pic of a model, her hair looked full wl, but the way she was sitting her hair touched her elbows. Since then she has been my hair inspiration and I've vowed that I won't stop actively growing my hair until it reaches my elbows.

tkj25

i'm 5'9 & my elbows fall between waist & hip ( about 3 inches below my natural waist, & about two inches above my hip bones). i actually think elbow length is a great length measurement -- not too long, & nowhere near short:grin::grin::grin::grin:, lol, but i gotta reach tricep length first before i can even think about that. tricep equals about midback for me.:perplexed:drunk::ohwell::grin:

yamilee21

... These are supposedly the normal human proportions. I'm assuming most of y'all's arms are nice and normal like the woman. My arm lengths are closer to those of the man.
Maybe I'm not a monkey, but a dude. lol.

:lol: This thread made me curious about my proportions. My elbows seem to be right below my waist, but my middle fingers are more than halfway to my knees. :look: