Does anyone still do Shingling?

indigodiva

Hey Ladies,
I was looking for the miss jessie's buttercreme recipe and noticed this shingling method...I'm probably very late on this one, but I was wondering if there were any other ladies who still do it. How much time does it take for those who do? And what have been some of your techniques for creating that frizz free natural look.

I finally grew my hair out to a length I was content with while its straightened (pretty close to MBL), but I have had enough of having to straighten my hair for special occasions or when I want a "sleek" look. Its time to embrace the 3c/4a curls fully and completely across all occasions because that's what my hair does naturally.

Just finish my own version of curly pudding w/ essential oils and I must say I'm rather impressed with it...Now I'm just curious about how ya'll ladies have been doing it:grin:

I do mine lazily unless I'm going somewhere important. I just section my hair in 4 and apply gel and stretch the curls out. It comes out great and takes less than 5 minutes!

I dont do it so much anymore because my hair is up a lot of the time but when I have I just use gel and then flatten and stretch the curls with my fingers and let it air dry. Usually I finish with some type of olive oil spray to keep it from being crunchy. If I have time and I want a really sleek wavy look I will sit under the dryer for a while. That helps it look less frizzy and helps to hold my hair in the stretched state.

I still shingle but I use IC clear gel w/Aloe Vera. I used to also use Ms.Jessies Curly Merigue. I simply take my hands and part my hair in 1 inch sections applying gel to those sections from the back of my head to the front. I don't use a hair dryer. I allow it to air dry either using a headband or using the banded method. I usually spritz with water or Scurl moisturizer and apply Scurl texurizer gel to add some shine around the edges etc. I do it every two weeks are so. I also use Carols Daughter Hair Milk or Baby Butter creme to add shine also.

Back