Album Update - Shingling works!

alibi

hair bored
Hey ladies :wave:

I was playing w/ my hair the other night and decided to try this whole "shingling" technique they talk about on the Curve website (which is nothing more than applying your product in small sections and combing through). I CO my hair w/ Pantene S&S and applied Elasta QP mango butter and Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel in sections. After all the product was in, I diffused my hair for about 10 mins. I think it came out really nice, and it DOES make a difference when you apply the product in sections. There was significantly less frizz, and the curls were more defined. :yep: I still won't wear my hair out like this, b/c I'm not comfortable w/ the length yet, but I'll probably start wearing it around August or so, after it grows out a little more. Anyways, I snapped a few pics w/ the camera phone (sorry so small), they're in the album labeled "Shingling."

honeisos

ayanapooh said:

I was playing w/ my hair the other night and decided to try this whole "shingling" technique they talk about on the Curve website (which is nothing more than applying your product in small sections and combing through). I CO my hair w/ Pantene S&S and applied Elasta QP mango butter and Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel in sections. After all the product was in, I diffused my hair for about 10 mins. I think it came out really nice, and it DOES make a difference when you apply the product in sections. There was significantly less frizz, and the curls were more defined. :yep: I still won't wear my hair out like this, b/c I'm not comfortable w/ the length yet, but I'll probably start wearing it around August or so, after it grows out a little more. Anyways, I snapped a few pics w/ the camera phone (sorry so small), they're in the album labeled "Shingling."

I was looking at the site and I'm going to try this tonight... I really need a digi cam..! so I can take pics lol

You hair came out so nice.... I want to do the big chop but ... I'm worried about it....

Shatani

ayanapooh said:

so, youre saying any good moisturizer paired with some AVG can give you that pretty defined look!?!?!? :eek:

Shatani

also....your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!! but i understand not being comfortable with wearing it out...ive never been out without a headband myself....

Ginsana

My goodness!! Your hair is like a cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer's day...UMMM GOOD! Your hair looks gorgeous! :)

I gotta try this shingling thing one of these days...

alibi

hair bored
Thanks ladies! I know that it's ridiculous not to want to wear my hair out yet, blaxalrose just :spank: me the other night for the same thing. But I'm so used to having long hair, that I kinda have to work up to it! I'm getting there though. :yep: Just last night I was thinking that maybe with highlights I'd go ahead and rock this look for the summer. :look:

MissYocairis

Ayanna, your curly puff is adorable! So, the shingling technique is for products after washing and conditioning right? Or, should you shingle the poo and conditioners too?

alibi

hair bored
CantBeCopied said:
Ayanna, your curly puff is adorable! So, the shingling technique is for products after washing and conditioning right? Or, should you shingle the poo and conditioners too?

No, I don't shingle poo or cons. Just the styling products. It really does work better. :yep: I had been following the Curly Girl "accordion" method, applying products w/ head down scrunching them in from the ends like an accordion, but all I ever ended up with was a head full of frizz. :ohwell:

Tonya

Your hair is freaking GORGEOUS!
I tried shingling with my glass...maybe i will try it with fruit of the earth. Ok maybe i really can do this transitioning thing!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

OMG:shocked:!! What yuh talking about girl:spank:. Your hair is very pretty and I love :love:your hair texture and the curls are just fabulous.:yep: Apply some leave-in conditioner, moisturizer and a serum on your wet hair and just let it airdry and you should be just fine.

mohair

Your hair is adorable!! It looks really great on you. Please find the confidence and share that gorgeous head of hair. I don't know what's going on with me but after seeing your pics and those of others who have transitioned, I am starting to get the fever.

Tai

Your hair looks gorgeous, Ayana. That is the style to rock for the summer. And your puff is huge, girl.

chocolate01

Your hair came out beautiful, I may have to try that when im all natural. I understand you on the length thing though cause im worried about the same thing when I chop. But I hope you wear it out soon cause it's fierce!!

MeccaMedinah

Your hair is beautiful! I love that puff. You never know who you may be inspiring when you walk down the street with that beautiful 'do. ;)