Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

Lebiya

For those taking it w/ vitamins -Won't DE wash away vitamins?

...I think thats why some are taking it before bed, especially if they're taking alot of vitamins. Its a detox.

frizzy

Day 5 done.

I had a headache most of the day, yesterday, the only time I get headaches is when I go off of caffeine, which I did last month. So I take this as a detox "crisis". I helped myself by drinking more water, it worked.

Another sign is my appetite was increased. I have been getting hungry the last few days, at night and in the mornings upon waking. This NEVER happens to me. I, for the most part, am full feeling all day or not hungry at all after eating one meal. I attribute this to a sluggish system. So to get hungry means that things are moving along! I am eliminating more, but it is also that TOM, and I tend to be more regular then.

I'm still putting a heaping tablespoon in the last 1/3 of a cup of tea and drinking it in about 3 gulps. I've been slacking on taking my vitamins or any other supplements, but I plan to get back with it. I'm waiting on psyllium and bentonite to arrive in the mail, I will do a "shake" with those 2 items about once a week.

complexsimplicity

^^^ I took an official measurement of my bangs on the 19th. They were 2 inches past my lower lip. I set an alarm in my phone to take another measurement in a month. I'll report back next month. Hope my growth rate has increased by then. :crossfingers:

Ok so I took a measurement of my bangs today and they were 3 inches past my lips. I've come to two conclusions. 1) I actually grew 1 inch in 16 days or 2) I measured wrong the first time. I know I measured right today because I did it 4-5 times and got the same length. So I'm going to check again in another 30 days to see the growth rate.

lusciousladie07

Ok so I took a measurement of my bangs today and they were 3 inches past my lips. I've come to two conclusions. 1) I actually grew 1 inch in 16 days or 2) I measured wrong the first time. I know I measured right today because I did it 4-5 times and got the same length. So I'm going to check again in another 30 days to see the growth rate.

You may also want to take a pic if you can so you can have a visual. I will be doing the same thing once mine gets here.

luckiestdestiny

any more updates on heath, hair growth or skin? Does it tighten the skin or does the skin just feel tighter? It's interesting hearing all about DE.

Blaque*Angel

My skin feels a lot "firmer" It could be all the exercises I am doing too?

But I keep getting compliments left, right and centre.

I went to a body,mind and soul seminar which was on for a full day. It was great, I've never felt so serene in my life.

I had a full body massage twice last week and the masseuse's
both grilled me about my skin regime.

My indian friend keeps rubbing my skin and saying she wishes she was black! :lol:

My sisters have been asking me for skin/make-up tips I've not changed a thing except not sleeping with anything on my face.*(thanks nonie) :)
My feet are much smoother and this was since the first week. I can understand how high doses of silica can be beneficial for the skin.

The face tightness happened to me when I first began taking MSM in 2005..
It's a cool feeling :)

More information fropm the internet:

More Silica Please?

As we get older, the source of silica in our bodies becomes exhausted, resulting in wrinkles, dry skin, dull lifeless hair, and brittle nails and bones. Maintaining collagen underneath the skin augments elasticity and beauty. Collagen owes that attribute to Silica, which provides a beautiful complexion that is more than skin deep. Silica has been regarded as nature’s building block and is our answer to healthier, younger looking, more radiant skin, hair and nails. It is a universal element in the human body that can be found free and soluble in water or combined with proteins and lipids, and has an exact relationship to mineral absorption. Its most important purpose is of immune nature, because the Silica partakes in the manufacturing process of antibodies/antigens and it encourages the conversion of LB (Lymphocyte B) into LT (Lymphocyte T).

The typical human body holds roughly seven grams of silica, a quantity far exceeding the numbers for other key minerals such as iron. Both iron and silica are body essential, meaning they are necessary for carrying our ongoing metabolic processes that are vital to life. Both elements must be continuously supplied. With Silica, strength and life, which often vanish as the years accumulate, can be naturally sustained or even restored to your skin.

Silica Supplementation for Healthy Bones

Osteoporosis is an indicator of the aging process. As the calcium in our body structure leeches, our bones become brittle and weak. Using only a calcium supplement cannot remedy or stop this threatening and crippling disease because the body cannot absorb and make use of the calcium without the presence of Silica. Data suggests that, instead of affecting healing, supplemental mineral calcium, in contrast, speeds up the leeching away of bone calcium and thus accelerates the degenerative process of osteoporosis and similar diseases that affect the connective tissues in the human body.

In the case of osteoporosis, Silica can alleviate the pain and may restore the body’s self repair process. Osteoporosis indicators attack women primarily after menopause, but the deterioration process starts much earlier in their younger days. Countless women are dying of fractures caused by osteoporosis compared with cancer of the breast, cervix and uterus combined.

It is important to know that in osteoporosis, thinning of the bones takes place due to the insufficient manufacturing of the surrounding protein medium in which calcium salts first deposit. An insufficient amount of calcium in the bone matrix causes an enlargement of canals and spaces in the bones, giving the bones a porous, thinned look. The weakened bone develops into a fragile state and can be broken by a minor injury. The bones may even fracture from ordinary pressure or stress. For objectives of re-mineralization in damaged bones, it is advised that a sufficient Silica supplement be taken daily. Bones are composed of mainly phosphorus, magnesium and calcium, but they also include Silica. Silica deposits minerals into the bones, especially calcium. It hastens the healing of fractures and also diminishes scarring at the location of a fracture. A good deal of research evidence indicates that through a transmutation process, Silica is turned into calcium when it is needed. It is for that reason that some scientists mention Silica as a precursor to calcium. Even when calcium is insufficient, the body can turn Silica into calcium that the bones need.

Silica as a Source of Youth

Tissue deterioration accelerates due to aging when connective tissue cultivates an increasing inability to hold on to moisture when left without help. Connective tissue consists of collagen, elastin, mucopolysaccharides, and mucous carbohydrates which aid in moisture retention. Their capacity to hold on to moisture keeps the connective tissue resilient and has apparent importance in the prevention of premature aging. All these valuable molecules house large quantities of Silica. Collagen, mainly made up of Silica, is the “glue” that holds us together. If our body has enough silica glucosaminoglycane, the collagen will make us look younger. The skin is the largest organ in the body and, along with hair and nails, forms the living cover that shows on the outside how well we are within. The presence of silica in our bodies can maintain the luster in our hair, the strength in our nails and the tone of our skin.

If you consistently follow a Silica regimen, your skin will retain its youthful look. However, do not assume instant results. It is a good idea to begin silica supplementation long before the collagen in your body has declined to the point where it shows in the wrinkles on your face and body. Human hair is just as plentiful in silica as healthy bones, which contain 100 mcg per gram. A good quality Silica supplement should be part of your ongoing hair care course of therapy.

Additionally scientists and researchers have long hypothesized that Alzheimer’s disease is linked to a build up of aluminum in the brain, and links between aluminum in drinking water supplies and Alzheimer’s have now been ascertained. A factor that is overlooked is that silica reduces the accumulation of aluminum. When researchers added silica to aluminum-laced water supplies, it inhibited the aluminum from being absorbed. It also caused a proliferation in the excretion of aluminum in urine and lowered aluminum concentrations in the brain, liver, bone, spleen and kidneys.

Silica is one of those elements whose catalog of benefits just keeps mounting as time passes. Silica is the second most widespread element on earth, following oxygen. In its crystalline form, silicon (or quartz), is the most plentiful element in the earth’s crust. When obtained from plant life, it is called Silica. Silica is crucial in bones, tendons, skin, cartilage and blood vessels. Silica is even located in blood itself, and in such important organs as the liver, heart and lungs. Silica is one of the most abundant minerals on the planet, but there are very few foods that contain an adequate amount to supply the quantity your body needs. Silica is easily absorbed via the intestinal wall and is also rapidly excreted, so consistent daily supplementation is important. Because it is water soluble, it does not accumulate in the body. Studies have not found any negative side effects from too much Silica. Its extensive range of uses and its safety make it an exhilarating—One treats all—alternative. We’re converted, are you?

The Many Benefits of Silica:

• Silica can hinder the effects of coronary disease by fortifying blood vessels.
• Silica aids in the repair and maintenance of vital lung tissues and defending them from pollution.
• Silica decreases swelling due to its positive effects on the lymphatic system.
• Silica assists in the prevention of kidney stones and heal infection of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic, which can encourage excretion by 30%.
• The presence of adequate Silica in the intestines will diminish inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal catarrh and ulcers. Silica can avert or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
• Silica can assist in normalizing hemorrhoidal tissues, while lessening lower back pain.
• Silica works as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear.
• Silica may normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure.
• Silica can assist diabetes by encouraging synthesis of elastase (an enzyme) inhibitor by the pancreas.
• Silica improves mobility by improving the elasticity of the joints.
• Silica may hinder the pain of osteoarthritis and rheumatism.
• Silica may stimulate cell metabolism and division.
• Silica delays the aging process.
• Silica beautifies hair with luster, elasticity and vigor.
• By taking part in the synthesis of elastin and collagen, Silica regenerates skin and the vascular walls.

• Silica may assist in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease by inhibiting the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush our aluminum from the tissues.

All of us need Silica, regardless of our age. It is as important to provide the body dietary sources of Silica early in life as it is during the aging process when Silica levels in tissue usually drop off steeply. Silica has an exact absolute influence on absorption of all minerals that the body requires to maintain health. It adds to the quality of life!

Last edited:

Misshairdiva

OK, this may be TMI, but I usually only have one bm a day.. but with taking this DE I have now 2 to three!! I have only been taking DE since it came Sat evening! When I wake up in the mornning I have alot of energy and I dont feel all groggy. This morning I didn't even have to get up early and I woke up at 5am bright eyed and ready to start my day!

Blaque*Angel

OK, this may be TMI, but I usually only have one bm a day.. but with taking this DE I have now 2 to three!! I have only been taking DE since it came Sat evening! When I wake up in the mornning I have alot of energy and I dont feel all groggy. This morning I didn't even have to get up early and I woke up at 5am bright eyed and ready to start my day!

yes, thats the wonders of D.E :)

ChocoKitty

Still on DE and lovin' it. I'm starting to crave it now... I'm taking up to about 3 Tbsp or possibly more 'cause when I dig in the bag--I dig deep! I didn't drink any DE water this weekend so that maybe why I have a serious "taste" for it.

I added it to a protein shake Sunday and it took me a while to finish it. DE really knocks out your appetite.

It's look like my body is changing but the scale hasn't changed in numbers.

My skin is still feeling tight. I've also been doing DE masks and removing them with my Clarisonic. My skin feel much smoother. I hope this will aid the removal of my blemishes.

I also been brushing my teeth and tongue with it. I definitely agree that it leaves your teeth dentist clean.

MissYocairis

Is anyone taking morethanalive.com DE? I'm beginning to think I have an "off-brand" or something. All I'm getting STILL is gas and sleepiness and my APPETITE has NOT been surpressed, in fact, I feel it's getting out of control AND I'm still only doing my standard, average 1 bm a day. And, even THAT was like constipation unless I eat some extra fiber.

For all the ladies who are experiencing your appetite being suppressed and increased BM's and flatter tummies...what brand are you using? I'm ready to reorder something else!

Last edited:

ChocoKitty

S_S: I ordered from earthworkshealth.com. They sell the Perma-guard brand.

I forgot mention in my previous post that my nails seem to be rock hard! I get a no(n) chip manicure every 2 weeks. As a result my nails have been getting healthier and growing fast due to the protection and added strength. However, they have never been as hard as they are now. As they get too long they usually crack on edges and bend. But this week I cannot flex them at all! :blush: I have wanted nails like this all my life and I'm finally developing them. I know it's nothing else but DE! :grin:

sqzbly1908

Is anyone taking morethanalive.com DE? I'm beginning to think I have an "off-brand" or something. All I'm getting STILL is gas and sleepiness and my APPETITE has NOT been surpressed, in fact, I feel it's getting out of control AND I'm still only doing my standard, average 1 bm a day. And, even THAT was like constipation unless I eat some extra fiber.

For all the ladies who are experiencing your appetite being suppressed and increased BM's and flatter tummies...what brand are you using? I'm ready to reorder something else!

Hey SS!

U may have mentioned it before but how are you taking it?

I am using the brand from Morethanalive.com - when I run out I will be getting mine from Valchemy on Ebay (more for my money) - but I have not had any issues -

I bought my parents some from MTA.com as well and they are loving it - I don't know about my dad but my mom's appetite has been suppressed and they both are experiencing more energy, their joints are not bothering them as much anymore

Jozze

I'm in the UK so I ordered mine over here but my Mom, who's in the US too, ordered hers from earthworks.com and she's having great results as well.

Since you're not gaining DE benefits I'd like to know a few things so maybe we can get it working it's mojo for you too:grin::
How much are you taking everyday?
How much water are you drinking?
Are you taking it in a smoothie/shake or just in water?
What time in the day (morning or before bed) are you taking it?
And a real important question:What colour is the DE you're taking?
If it's off white or grey it is not pure DE. So you wouldn't get the best results.

RockCreak

I am up to taking DE twice daily now. I'm loving it. The pain I used to have in my left knee has subsided. I'm still having bm's 2-3 times a day. I have also noticed that my skin is a lot more moisturized. I used to be able to lotion up and be ashy by mid day. Now, I only have to lotion once and when I try to scratch my arms just to see if I get those white chalky lines.... I don't.

My appetitie is still suppressed. On Saturday, I only had two slices of pizza for the entire day. Sunday, I didn't eat until almost 4 pm. I know that's not good but I truly forgot to because I wasn't hungry.

This morning I had a yogurt and a few chex mix... dry. Oh! and some orange juice mixed with DE.

I have a soup for lunch...we'll see if I remember to eat it. :look:

MissYocairis

Hey SS!

U may have mentioned it before but how are you taking it?

I am using the brand from Morethanalive.com - when I run out I will be getting mine from Valchemy on Ebay (more for my money) - but I have not had any issues -

I bought my parents some from MTA.com as well and they are loving it - I don't know about my dad but my mom's appetite has been suppressed and they both are experiencing more energy, their joints are not bothering them as much anymore

I used to take it in water (lil juice or tea to sweeten) in the mornings until I realized it was making me so sleepy. Switched to taking it at night in same (water with a little juice or tea added for sweetening). I started out with heaping tsps but then graduated to heaping tablespoon.

I feel like I am GORGING on food. Like my body is DEMANDING it. There is absolutely no appetite suppression. And, those bm's are not special either. :nono:

But, if you got two orders from MTA and they are both good orders, that lessens the chance there's something wrong with my stash. ugh.

MissYocairis

Thanks Jozze. Answers in blue!

I'm in the UK so I ordered mine over here but my Mom, who's in the US too, ordered hers from earthworks.com and she's having great results as well.

Since you're not gaining DE benefits I'd like to know a few things so maybe we can get it working it's mojo for you too:grin::

How much are you taking everyday? Nearly 2 tbsps (it's like one heaping tbsp and then a half a tbsp)
How much water are you drinking? :)look:) erm...probably 20 oz a day. (ducking the stones and tomatoes) Does the water in my tea count? Add 16 more oz!
Are you taking it in a smoothie/shake or just in water? Just water with maybe 3 oz of juice or something to make it less boring.
What time in the day (morning or before bed) are you taking it? Been taking it at bedtime for the past 7 days or so. Prior to that, it was in the morning (got too sleepy that way)
And a real important question:What colour is the DE you're taking? My DE is a cream/ivory powder and is very chalky.
If it's off white or grey it is not pure DE. So you wouldn't get the best results.

Well, it would certainly fit under off-white. What color is it supposed to be?

sqzbly1908

I used to take it in water (lil juice or tea to sweeten) in the mornings until I realized it was making me so sleepy. Switched to taking it at night in same (water with a little juice or tea added for sweetening). I started out with heaping tsps but then graduated to heaping tablespoon.

I feel like I am GORGING on food. Like my body is DEMANDING it. There is absolutely no appetite suppression. And, those bm's are not special either. :nono:

But, if you got two orders from MTA and they are both good orders, that lessens the chance there's something wrong with my stash. ugh.

Okay Slick (we gon' figure this out) -:grin:

What about taking it in the morning w/juice (I take between 1 tsp and 1 tbsp) on a empty stomach - then eating breakfast - eating a light lunch and then taking it again after lunch...(this is where it gets hard for me to eat anything for lunch - not hungry)

OJ might be more ideal in the morning since it is known to be a natural energy drink (ot - a trainer told me not to drink OJ at night as it can keep you up)

MissYocairis

Okay Slick (we gon' figure this out) -:grin:

What about taking it in the morning w/juice (I take between 1 tsp and 1 tbsp) on a empty stomach - then eating breakfast - eating a light lunch and then taking it again after lunch...(this is where it gets hard for me to eat anything for lunch - not hungry)

OJ might be more ideal in the morning since it is known to be a natural energy drink (ot - a trainer told me not to drink OJ at night as it can keep you up)

:grin:

I'll try ANYTHING. I'm blowing up over here. lol. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to blame it all on DE...but everyone's experiencing such wonderful appetite suppression and I'm the opposite. I know it could be other factors...but my food cravings are beginning to really stand out as not normal (freaked out)

sqzbly1908

:grin:

I'll try ANYTHING. I'm blowing up over here. lol. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to blame it all on DE...but everyone's experiencing such wonderful appetite suppression and I'm the opposite. I know it could be other factors...but my food cravings are beginning to really stand out as not normal (freaked out)

Are u taking any other supplements/medications? I am also taking Maxi Hair and Flax,Borage and Omega supplements...