Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

sqzbly1908

I'm curious does it make you sleepy or give you energy? I don't want to start tonight if it's gonna keep me up, but I don't want to be drowsy during the day.:look:

Try a half tsp in a glass of juice...if nothing else you will sleep very sound but I noticed that if something wakes me up it will take a minute for me to get back to sleep...

flowinlocks

Try a half tsp in a glass of juice...if nothing else you will sleep very sound but I noticed that if something wakes me up it will take a minute for me to get back to sleep...

I'm drinking a glass of wine now. I think I'll wait till tommorrow. Lol, I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of the detox.

ajoke

DM has it in Europe. I just picked up a pack of several capsules. I am more interested in the effects on bp, than on hair to be honest. My 27y.o. brother and father both have bp issues.

Honi

There is no board.
I believe this is all a result of DE. I wake up at 3 and or 5am since I started taking DE. Plus I along with others have expeerienced the gas. :look:

I've had knee pain for some years now. But when I started DE it didn't leave immediately. It was almost if it was a bit more noticeable. However, today my knees are pain free. So please encourage your Mom to stick with it! :yep:

Thank you so much for this! It was very helpful to know. I'll keep ya'll posted on the results.

sqzbly1908

You guys aren't worried about this damaging the tooth enamel?

I know I read somewhere that people were using it to brush their teeth and it has helped out their gum issues as well...But I don't think they were brushing regularly with it...(day and night) I think it was a few times a week...( If I recall correctly)

Last edited:

BonBon

Success! I used a knife and very carefully lifted up and removed the cap that makes it come out as puff of powder.

Tickled you could do this too. This way I can put the main cap on and still use the container in came it. It will be easy to pour into a tablespoon now.

I don't know how much I took today but it was probably less than a teaspoon. Still I won't take anymore until tomorrow. This seems to be potent stuff and I don't want to play around!

I still can't believe that they used a bottle designed like that with contents you're supposed to breathe in!

I found them very unproffessional to be honest, I didn't recieve the item for 2-3 weeks and the communication was terrible. At least its here now. What time did you take it in the day and was it before or after food?

catgurl

I found them very unproffessional to be honest, I didn't recieve the item for 2-3 weeks and the communication was terrible. At least its here now. What time did you take it in the day and was it before or after food?

Today I added 1 tablespoon to a 2L bottle of Evian and have been sipping it all day. I've got about 500ml to go. I haven't really noticed any effects yet.

I'm hoping for reduced BP and other health benefits. If my grows too then :grin:

Jas123

The Star of a Story
You guys aren't worried about this damaging the tooth enamel?
not really

I know I read somewhere that people were using it to brush their teeth and it has helped out their gum issues as well...But I don't think they were brushing regularly with it...(day and night) I think it was a few times a week...( If I recall correctly)
but to be on the safe side i'll just brush with 2-3x a week until i get desired whitening effect then layoff or use bi-weekly for maintenance

LaidBak

Cool! I would love to take it before bed but I'm experimenting with the day first. It doesn't take much of anything to keep me up.

One teaspoon in 8oz of kool aid. Somewhat chalky but not too bad. And it didn't change the taste of the kool aid at all

sheba1

OK, diatomaceous earth and low carbing are a match made in heaven. Since I have no desire to eat, anyhow, it's very easy to choose low carb fare when I do. I'm down 6 pounds in just a couple days since mixing the two. Super excited to see what happens in a few weeks. Will be back to report.

BonBon

I had gas, gas, gas:look: about 30 mins after taking and TMI diarrhea but I was having tummy troubles all week anyway so it might have been a needed elimination. I am trying to drink loads of water.

Jozze

OK, diatomaceous earth and low carbing are a match made in heaven. Since I have no desire to eat, anyhow, it's very easy to choose low carb fare when I do. I'm down 6 pounds in just a couple days since mixing the two. Super excited to see what happens in a few weeks. Will be back to report.
That's awesome news Sheba!!!!:woot::dance7::grin::yay::bdance:
This is exactly how I've been eating all month-except I have fruit in the mornings. It really works...DE is the easiest diet ever!!! SXS here we come!:grin:
But I've had to stopped weighing myself until the end of the month ...because I have developed a three times a day "scale obsession" [...I'm so sad, I know]!:lachen:

sqzbly1908

That's awesome news Sheba!!!!:woot::dance7::grin::yay::bdance:
This is exactly how I've been eating all month-except I have fruit in the mornings. It really works...DE is the easiest diet ever!!! SXS here we come!:grin:
But I've had to stopped weighing myself until the end of the month ...because I have developed a three times a day "scale obsession" [...I'm so sad, I know]!:lachen:

I know, right!!!!...I have started taking some fluid pills to make sure ANY and ALL excess is gone...

Girl I stay on the scale too...:lachen:

Who would have ever thought?!?!?!

Jozze

I know, right!!!!...I have started taking some fluid pills to make sure ANY and ALL excess is gone...

Girl I stay on the scale too...:lachen:

Who would have ever thought?!?!?!

It's a horrible habit because it really messes up my day if I haven't lost as much as the day before ...so I had to put the scales wayyyyyyyy away and forget about 'em.:nono:
Thanks Hun! I'm now comforted in knowing that I'm not alone in my "scale hugging" disorder.:blowkiss:

BTW, aren't you feeling very dehydrated taking water pills with DE? I find DE so dehydrating on its own.

Aggie

3 and a a half weeks on DE and I have to admit I am sleeping very well every night. I took mine right before bed last night and it did not adversely affect my sleep at all. I still slept like a baby:yep:.

I honestly don't know what effect it' having on my hair as I have not done a length check in ages. I will try to do one this coming weekend on my wash day though.

Thing is I have over 13 months of new growth on my head and had no desire to straighten it until at least the end of May, 2010. We'll see:look:.

flowinlocks

3 and a a half weeks on DE and I have to admit I am sleeping very well every night. I took mine right before bed last night and it did not adversely affect my sleep at all. I still slept like a baby:yep:.

I honestly don't know what effect it' having on my hair as I have not done a length check in ages. I will try to do one this coming weekend on my wash day though.

Thing is I have over 13 months of new growth on my head and had no desire to straighten it until at least the end of May, 2010. We'll see:look:.

Have you seen any change in your appetite?

sqzbly1908

It's a horrible habit because it really messes up my day if I haven't lost as much as the day before ...so I had to put the scales wayyyyyyyy away and forget about 'em.:nono:
Thanks Hun! I'm now comforted in knowing that I'm not alone in my "scale hugging" disorder.:blowkiss:

BTW, aren't you feeling very dehydrated taking water pills with DE? I find DE so dehydrating on its own.

You are better than me...I can't put the scale up for a month but I may just do it once a week...but the anticipation kills me...:lachen:

@bolded - Not really...I have been increasing my water intake and I see that I am retaining more water and it has added pounds to my weight loss.....this just gives me more incentive to drink more water...

Blaque*Angel

Lol, when I was drinking mines last night my friend said she would rather chew it in her mouth, but she is a weirdo, lol she eats baby powder and chalk! :lol:

I just ordered a 5KG Bag from the expensive place again, but i feel confident with their product as my dad is getting excellent results and my family are noticing feeling more energized etc..the lady i buy from has been selling /taking it for a very long time too.

the cheaper companies i have contacted do not give me the reassurance that their product is good, i am taking the one from peru as it is purer, it is not contaminated, it is taken from a safe environment etc etc..

these other companies are not trained properly, i have been asking several questions and they do not have the answers. also their D.E looks weird. not brilliant white coloured like i am used to, but brown,grey etc.. :nono:

Got a bit of a headache today, so i will drink more water :)

So far, so good :)